PDA

View Full Version : Texas busting drunks ... in bars

nAz
03-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Wow you can't even get drunk in a bar anymore, lol

Texas busting drunks ... in bars

Thursday, March 23, 2006; Posted: 9:56 a.m. EST (14:56 GMT)

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) -- Texas has begun sending undercover agents into bars to arrest drinkers for being drunk, a spokeswoman for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said Wednesday.

The first sting operation was conducted recently in a Dallas suburb where agents infiltrated 36 bars and arrested 30 people for public intoxication, said the commission's Carolyn Beck.

Being in a bar does not exempt one from the state laws against public drunkenness, Beck said.

The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.

"We feel that the only way we're going to get at the drunk driving problem and the problem of people hurting each other while drunk is by crackdowns like this," she said.

"There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car," Beck said. "People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss."

She said the sting operations would continue throughout the state.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

Deeman3
03-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I fear they will have to shut Longview, Texas down over this.

Deeman
don't have to worry about getting drunk in Southern Aalbama, no bars, no booze, no fun....

SpiderMan
03-23-2006, 01:47 PM
If this catches on, the APA will be out of business. Their entire strategy is to get 10 people together and allocate only one table for them to play on, thereby keeping everyone there for the most time, with the least to do, except drink.

SpiderMan

Sid_Vicious
03-23-2006, 04:26 PM
There goes Friendly's! Remember that place Spidey? sid

wolfdancer
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Deeman, from what I hear, was busting drunks in Texas bars, for years....on the pool table....

Gayle in MD
03-26-2006, 08:16 PM
If this isn't a crook of *&^% I don't know what is. Here we have 70 tunnels dug out for the Mexican Drug Smugglers to slither through, and they're out busting balls to the wall, hard working Americans inside BARS???? Some of them were even busted in bars of hotels they were staying in, with no cars with them to drive anywhere.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

ceebee
03-27-2006, 07:48 AM
...busting unarmed drunks in bars has to be easy pickins. It's also lucrative for the state's coffers. Running down illegal aliens or dope smugglers is hard work. Imagine the big buck spinoffs, fabricated for attorneys to feed at the troughs.

There was an article in the Sunday Tulsa World That the U.S. & Mexico were joining forces in the Drug War.

Does that mean they are really gonna gang up on local governments, so the drug dealers can get their products through to the consumer?

Gayle in MD
03-27-2006, 09:14 AM
What is next? I heard this morning that the Bush administration is going to start investigating and analysing sewage discharge to determine where the most drugs are being used, LMAO....they don't care how they get into the country, just where they end up! Gee, if they were going to search for S##T, all they have to do is tape their own speeches, LMAO!

They're spying on what comes out of our mouths, and what comes out of the other end, too!

Brilliant!

Gayle in Md.
Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

wolfdancer
03-27-2006, 12:08 PM
The last bastion of our privacy I thought, was our bathroom, and now that's down the drain...no pun intended.
they can go through our garbage (and they are more then welcome to mine)....our bedrooms are not safe ( the supreme court ruled against a "right to privacy" there)
Our houses can be taken away for the next new WalMart...
Even my brokerage,Ameritrade is joining the fun, proudly announcing a voice identification system to wade through their interactive telephone service....interactive re: no *****'g operator.
Well, I for one, am going to fight back....I am pulling the plug, on the sewer line and going to a septic tank, and leech field....and when they come around and want to know why....I'll jes tell em "I don't give a ****"

Gayle in MD
03-27-2006, 02:27 PM
BWAH HA HA HA HA HA.... You Are a Riot!!! If it weren't for you and Dick and Naz and Wendy, Jon Stewert, and Bill Maher, I really don't think I could deal the painful facts of the snooping, killing, deficit terrorists, the republicans majority!

Love,
Gayle...thanks for the BIG laugh, lriend!

Proud that I didn't vote for George Bush!