PDA

View Full Version : Bush compares marines to taliban?

moblsv
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
George, why do you hate the troops?

quote from http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060322-3.html

I just got to keep talking. And one of the — there’s word of mouth, there’s blogs, there’s Internet, there’s all kinds of ways to communicate which is literally changing the way people are getting their information. And so if you’re concerned, I would suggest that you reach out to some of the groups that are supporting the troops, that have got Internet sites, and just keep the word — keep the word moving. And that’s one way to deal with an issue without suppressing a free press. We will never do that in America. I mean, the minute we start trying to suppress our press, we look like the Taliban. The minute we start telling people how to worship, we look like the Taliban. And we’re not interested in that in America. We’re the opposite. We believe in freedom. And we believe in freedom in all its forms. And obviously, I know you’re frustrated with what you’re seeing, but there are ways in this new kind of age, being able to communicate, that you’ll be able to spread the message that you want to spread. (audio below)

-----------

and now one marines view

http://wonkette.com/politics/wonkette/our-boys-need-gossip-158687.php

Unfortunately anonomizers don't work out here (never have). Anyway, I had a few minutes today and thought I'd look and see what else was banned on the Marine web here. I think the results speak for themselves:

* Wonkette – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.wonkette.com/) is categorized as: Forum/Bulletin Boards, Politics/Opinion.”
* Bill O’Reilly (www.billoreilly.com) – OK
* Air America (www.airamericaradio.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) is categorized as: Internet Radio/TV, Politics/Opinion.”
* Rush Limbaugh (www.rushlimbaugh.com) – OK
* ABC News “The Note” – OK
* Website of the Al Franken Show (www.alfrankenshow.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.airamericaradio.com/) is categorized as: Internet Radio/TV, Politics/Opinion.”
* G. Gordon Liddy Show (www.liddyshow.us) – OK
* Don & Mike Show (www.donandmikewebsite.com) – “Forbidden, this page (http://www.donandmikewebsite.com/) is categorized as: Profanity, Entertainment/Recreation/Hobbies.”

Gayle in MD
03-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Incredible. I just hope that he keeps on running his mouth, and that Chcney keeps on critisizing the Democrats for not being strong on protecting America, LMAO, it's going to be great for Democrats if this administration thinks they can run on being protective of America, after getting an F. on protecting America, Dubai, Katrina, Communist China in the Bahamas on Securring shipping containers, with no oversight from US Customs, open borders, unprotected power plants and chemical plants, LMAO!!!

I just hope they keep on with their POLITICAL PARTISAN ATTACKS about things they have already proven themselves to be totally incompetent to handle themselves.

Cheney is a joke, he should look for a job on Saturday Night Live, instead of American Idol.

Gayle in Md.

ceebee
03-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Comparing the U.S Marines to the 3rd World fighters is like comparing a donut to a big delicious chocolate pie. The fighters of these 3rd World countries are bound to no rules (remember.. all is fair in love & war). If our boys stray from supposed international accepted rules of war, they are put in jail. If a Al-Quaida Insurgent guts a soldier & cuts his head off... the warrior gets a great meal & lots of adulation. I say, "take the gloves off our warriors, this is war we are fighting & winning is everything" Losing this war, will not be accpted by most citizens of this planet.

The leaders of our country do everything they do, with one thought in mind... "Will this get me re-elected"? Even their pompous attitudes, toward our military policies, is is a reflection of the aforementioned question.

Every politician in office is a proven liar & legitimized theif. The American taxpayer & voter has just accepted their plight of semi-criminal rule (<<< a little candy coating) & apathetically allowed semi-criminal leadership to propogate itself.

The mainstream media is a "dog & pony show", fearing goverment retaliation. Individuals who cry out their findings, are "turned off", because of the horror, their story brings.

Our leadership is worse than crummy. Our government officials are self serving, the media is NOT telling the real story, our financial institutions are legal theives & our corporations are robbing their customers & NOT paying their fair share of taxes.

I'm an old man & I won't be around for the last cry of anguish in America. I REMEMBER 1956, when we didn't lock our doors & slept comfortably in peace. Not one politician has kept their promise of making things better for Americans.

Our government stands idly by & watches the peril from our borders. Illegal invasion of America is just that, it is illegal. I don't blame one person, for wanting to live in my country, but legal means assure their stay. If there were a better place on this planet, I too would go there. However, beginning a life altering trip, illegally, is insanity. Just about the time you might settle, Uncle Sam could rearrange your life for the very worst.

Good Luck...

Gayle in MD
03-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Tap Tap Tap...
And good luck to you also, my friend. I remember those days you speak of. Also the days when American press, men like Edward R. M., could de-throne the communistic style accusations of communism, propagated by evil controlling government people like McCarthy, but I never dreamed that McCarthyism would once again rear it's ungly head under the banner of Christianity, and that so many Americans would willingly abandon their freedoms, their Constitution, and the protection of the laws of this country, on a vague, undocumented supposition of a POSSIBILITY of a future attack by another country, which has never attacked our shores.

The false assuption that we are fighting them over there so that we do not have to fight them over here, while our borders are open to any and all, our ports, power plants, chemical plants, all at risk and neglect, and without a clear definition of who THEY are, continues to show itself as false premise for the loss of our many brave young men and women. The "They" That We Fight In Iraq, Are Not The "They" Who Attacked Us. They are Iraqis, who did not attack us on 9/11, and had no connection to that attack.

Bush has ignored everything we learned about occupations, in countries where civilian ideologies collide, from the Vietnam War, and risked the lives and limbs of our troops, all for the supposed benefit of countries which would kill a man for changing his religious affiliation, which vote into office tyrants of equal terror as those de-throned with American lives, and a population of which, forty-five percent say that it is alright to kill Americans.

This was a war of choice, not a war of the last resort, and the blood is on the hands of the blind partisan citizens in this country, who insult and endeavor to silence its dissenters, just as much as it is on the hands of the dishonest administration who lied us into it, and refuses to discuss it in any open forum.

Gayle in Md.
Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

pooltchr
03-26-2006, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Comparing the U.S Marines to the 3rd World fighters is like comparing a donut to a big delicious chocolate pie. The fighters of these 3rd World countries are bound to no rules (remember.. all is fair in love &amp; war). If our boys stray from supposed international accepted rules of war, they are put in jail. If a Al-Quaida Insurgent guts a soldier &amp; cuts his head off... the warrior gets a great meal &amp; lots of adulation. I say, "take the gloves off our warriors, this is war we are fighting &amp; winning is everything" Losing this war, will not be accpted by most citizens of this planet.

<hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,
You seem to agree with this post, yet in the past, you say we shouldn't be there, and if we are, we should play "by the rules". Are you still on the fence on this one?

Ceebee,
I couldn't agree more! They can behead our people and become heros. We let a dog get near them, and the dog trainer goes to jail. WTF????????????
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-26-2006, 02:42 PM
I am not surprised that my post confused you. al Qaeda, and the terrorists, was the subject of Ceebees post, and the proposed recievers of our full out rath, and that is something I totally agree with, and have always agreed with.

Unfortunately, you have been duped by the Bush administration into thinking that the war in Iraq, is a war against terror. It is not. It is a war which is about the long standing relationships between the Bush family, and the welathy Arab Prince's and Sheiks, whose money has supported the business endeavors of the children of George Bush for twenty-five years, and their own form of dictatorial desire to get Saddam behind bars. Having a tyrant like Saddam behind bars, may be a good thing, but that could have very easily been accomplished without waging an illegal, immoral war, causing the deaths of innocent Iraqi people, and young heros from our own shores.

Unfortunately, the young men and women, children of the poor and middle class people of America, are the sacrificial lambs who are giving their lives for the benefit of the wealthy Bush family, Cheney family, and their middle east billionaire oil friends, and their American Corporate counterparts, the fascists oil cartel which is alive and well on our own shores.

Of course, Ruperts right wing propaganda channel, aka, the American Al Jezeera channel, does not report such things, nor would a neocon journalistic right wing rag like the National Review, hence, you did not get my post.

Gayle in Md.

ceebee
03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
... another scam in place is the HUGE military machine, which is eating money by the ship load (big ship). The munition's folks don't have SALES or DISCOUNTS, rather the opposite. Since Uncle Sam has deep pockets, a $3 bullet is now $15. The munitions folks may not really care who wins, just so their bullets keep leaving their factories.

As far as Saddam is concerned, a $3 bullet could have sent him to the promised land, wherever that is. The U.S. taxpayer gets the bill, each &amp; everytime, no matter where the conflict is or what it is about. You can bet your bippy, if children of Congressman were drafted into the miltary &amp; Congress had to help pay the bill, there wouldn't be wars.

Gayle in MD
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Amen brother!
Gayle in Md.