PDA

View Full Version : illegal citizens & the Senate

ceebee
03-27-2006, 11:37 AM
A new poll released by Qorvis Communications showed a stunning 92 percent of Americans believe it is important for Congress and the President to secure our borders. The poll, designed to survey public opinion on guest worker programs for the agricultural industry, demonstrates near unanimity on the need to secure the border, but reveals mixed results regarding voter support for guest worker amnesty programs.

Showing how the issue of border security crosses party lines, the poll was 40% self-identified Democrats and 30% self-identified Republicans, with 19% saying they vote as often for Democrats as they do Republicans.

The American people are united on the need for securing our borders. Yet politicians continue to play games with our national security. The citizens continue to urge the Senate to follow the lead of the House of Representatives and pass border security legislation unencumbered by ‘guest worker’ amnesty provisions.

The alacrity with which Congress reacted to the issue of "port security" shows they have the capability to respond to overwhelming public sentiment. It also reveals the hypocrisy of politicians, who rejected giving operational control of our ports to aliens, but who continue to allow international criminal cartels to have operational control of our borders.

In April, locals along the border will once again maintain a month-long, around-the-clock border watch mission, on both our northern and southern borders, reporting illegal activity to the proper authorities. They will continue to do the job our federal government refuses to do, until they are properly relieved of duty.

If the Senate refuses to justify the borders of this nation, as soveriegn borders, & make it a felony for illegal aliens to be within our borders, the Senate will have chosen to become part of the problem, not part of the solution.

The Congress should write laws stating there are no legal jobs & no legal shelter for any illegal citizen. Aiding & abetting an illegal citizen is a felony, severly punishable by law.

This land has no room for criminal activities. We know that illegal citizens don't obey laws, their law is "dog eat dog". The laws of this country only effects an illegal citizens, if they get caught.

Gayle in MD
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Tap Tap Tap, Guest worker programs are nothing more than amnesty! If they want citizenship, we sould bring our troops home, and send them in their place. Anyone who doesn't perform, gets left in Iraq!

BORDERS
Teeodore Roosevelt

In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American, and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin....but this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing But an American...there can be no divided allegiance here.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, is not an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile....

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language and we have room for but one sole loyalty, and that is a loyalty to the American people.....

TR

Apparently, illegals are now hiring hit men to assinate our border patrolmen and law enforcment officers living near the borders, as the Bush administration continues to assert its interest in no bid contracts with Arab Countries with ties to terrorists, and the Bush administration wants a company with ties to communist China to screen the shipping containers that come into our country, cargo security, Hong Kong HW, based in the Bahamas...yet Bush plows ahead. but never fear...this communist company will notify our customs inspectors in an emergency...800 miles away in Virginia...

Former Customs Investigator, Robert Sheridan, says that the merger of all the agencies into HLS was a drastic mistake. The Bahamas company is controlled by the Peoples Republic of China, with no US personnel on sight!!! One of the things HLS brags about is American Customs Inspections in other countries to inspect and screen our in-coming cargo, HA HA HA....Then Dick Cheney says that if the Democrats are competent to fight this war, he should be singing on American Idol, AH HA HA HA...I guess their new strategy has gone from defending their civil war in Iraq, to attacking the democrats!

The 1986 AMNESTY program...DID NOT WORK! Just like the occupation of Vietnam, was a mistake, and Bush and Cheney are going win over the people of this country by attacking the Democrats....and blaming the press for the pictures of violence in Iraq......I DON"T THINK SO!!!

Gayle in Md.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

Cueless Joey
03-27-2006, 07:27 PM
They had a proposed plan of digging a 40 ft deep/wide ditch along the border. That would have been a great deterent.
They deemed it was inhumane.

eg8r
03-28-2006, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tap Tap Tap, Guest worker programs are nothing more than amnesty! If they want citizenship, we sould bring our troops home, and send them in their place. Anyone who doesn't perform, gets left in Iraq!
<hr /></blockquote> So now you support sending more troops (fresh batch) to Iraq. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't want the illegals fighting for us, it puts us in a bad situation. I say send their butts home and send the bill to their government.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-28-2006, 11:44 AM
I wonder if that would have worked. They would probably have just shimmied their way down and climbed up the other side, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif....

Here's my solution, fine the employers....deport the illegals, secure the borders....then implement the true post 9/11 correct policy....SHOOT TO KILL....end of problem!

Gayle in Md.....
So Glad I didn't vote for George Bush!

Cueless Joey
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I wonder if that would have worked. They would probably have just shimmied their way down and climbed up the other side, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif....

Here's my solution, fine the employers....deport the illegals, secure the borders....then implement the true post 9/11 correct policy....SHOOT TO KILL....end of problem!

Gayle in Md.....
So Glad I didn't vote for George Bush! <hr /></blockquote>
Enforcing the laws against illegal immigrants has become a nightmare here. A few border patrols arrested people near the Mexican embassy. They were told that was illegal.
Fining employers has not done much. All they do is photocopy the id's of their workers and keep them in file. IF they happened to have used fake id's, the employers are not liable.
The biggest problem is really the govt. of Mexico is super corrupt. Local and federal govt.'s there are dictated by the drug cartels imo. Corrupt govt. equals poor people. The public education system in Mexico is garbage.
Sadly, the country being almost 100% Catholic has lead to high population growth. Yup, it's a sin to use contraceptives. Abortion is illegal.
I have no clue how to solve this problem. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Dig a wider ditch?

Deeman3
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

Gayle in Md.....

<font color="blue"> Gayle,

You find a party t

Deeman3
03-28-2006, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>

Gayle in Md.....

<font color="blue"> Gayle,

You find a party that will follow your recommendations and a lot of us would vote for it. Sadly, even the republicans won't go this far and the democrats won't do anything. </font color>

Deeman

Fran Crimi
03-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Here's your 'independent' polling company:

FBI Searches Saudi Arabia's PR Firm

By Sari Horwitz and Dan Eggen
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, December 9, 2004; Page A08

The FBI searched offices of a prominent public relations firm Tuesday, looking for information about its client Saudi Arabia, law enforcement sources said.

The firm, Qorvis Communications LLC, which was founded in 2000, bills itself as providing "communications for Wall Street, Main Street and K Street." Qorvis has offices in the District and Tysons Corner, and its clients also include Time Warner Inc. and the Urban League.

Free E-mail Newsletters
Today's Headlines &amp; Columnists
See a Sample | Sign Up Now
Breaking News Alerts
See a Sample | Sign Up Now

The FBI searched three of the firm's offices Tuesday afternoon, sources said. Agents delivered subpoenas at a fourth Qorvis office.

Michael Mason, head of the FBI's Washington field office, declined yesterday to characterize the nature of the investigation or identify the places that were searched. "We did execute searches at three locations," he said.

Officials at the U.S. attorney's office in Washington said the case is under seal and would not reveal details.

"The raids are in conjunction with an ongoing investigation and therefore it would be inappropriate for me to comment," said Channing Phillips, spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Washington.

Qorvis said the company understood that the government is conducting a "compliance inquiry" under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Under that law, the government keeps track of the lobbying activities of foreign governments and their representatives. The rigorous registration and reporting system is overseen by the Justice Department.

Saudi Arabia is the only foreign government on Qorvis's client list.

"Qorvis has fully complied with this registration statute and we feel confident this will be resolved favorably," the company said.

Violations of the law have been prosecuted only a handful of times since it was passed in 1938. But at least two recent cases have been filed involving Iraq.

In January, Khaled Abdel-Latif Dumeisi, former publisher of an Arabic newspaper in suburban Chicago, was convicted of failing to register as a foreign agent for Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq. Dumeisi was sentenced in March to 46 months in prison on those and other charges.

Susan P. Lindauer, a Takoma Park antiwar activist, has been charged under the law and accused of accepting cash from Iraqi intelligence agents. She has denied wrongdoing.

A Justice Department report on the law provided a window into the company's activities. It stated that the Saudi Arabian Embassy paid Qorvis $14.6 million for a six-month period, ending Dec. 31, 2002, for lobbying and public relations, including the distribution of material "to promote public awareness" of Saudi Arabia's "commitment in the war against terrorism and to peace in the Middle East," the report said.

On behalf of Saudi Arabia, Qorvis also contacted the media, congressional staff members and Bush administration officials to discuss Middle East issues, child abduction and a communications strategy for the crown prince's visit with President Bush, the document said.

Staff writer Allan Lengel contributed to this report.

ceebee
03-28-2006, 04:19 PM
thanks FRAN for bringing that to our attention. I found the info in a newspaper article. I am guilty of not taking the time to do some research.

I'm just not of fan of illegal immigration....

Barbara
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Michael Mason, head of the FBI's Washington field office, declined yesterday to characterize the nature of the investigation or identify the places that were searched. "We did execute searches at three locations," he said.<hr /></blockquote>

Is this our own Mike Mason??

Oooooo, did I just out a Fibbie?

Barbara

Fran Crimi
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Years ago if you were reading that article in a newspaper, you wouldn't have the resources to immediately investigate the polling company. Nowadays, it's easy to plug in the name and do a quick search.

I'm starting to realize that what we know as 'news reporting' hasn't just recently become corrupted. It always was, only it's easier to expose now.

The sad thing is that the authors know it too, yet they continue to write as if they're reporting news, when they know damn well they're not.

Fran

SpiderMan
03-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Illegal aliens, not illegal citizens. Let's not let the camel's nose into the tent.

SpiderMan

Vagabond
04-02-2006, 07:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Illegal aliens, not illegal citizens. Let's not let the camel's nose into the tent.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

They crossed the boundary of a sovereign Nation and hence I call them invaders.we should not have double standards.We should treat these invaders like we always talked about what to do with invaders- whether our Marines should just use Ak 40 or grenade launchers or mortars at the invaders of a sovereign nation( USA) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif