PDA

View Full Version : Helllooooooooooooo

Eric.
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Where'd everybody go, around here?

Eric

*edit-Shoot Pool, not people (hopefully this keeps it on the main page...)

dg-in-centralpa
03-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Eric,
It seems that most are migrating to AZ. I have enough with one board and all its' idiosynchracies, let alone two boards.

DG - they'll eventually come back

Tom_In_Cincy
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
I've been lurking mostly since last summer.

I don't remember starting a thread on CCB in the last year or so.

I hit 3 sites daily, CCB, AZ and OnePocket.org. after visiting and skimming over the topics, I usually can't add anything interesting.

But, thanks for asking, I was also wondering why the traffic on CCB was slowing down.

CarolNYC
03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Whats going on............................!
Man, Eric, you ROCK! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol

Lester
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Hello Eric, long time no see. I check in from time to time but I never post. How the devil are ye?

Rich R.
03-27-2006, 07:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Eric,
It seems that most are migrating to AZ. I have enough with one board and all its' idiosynchracies, let alone two boards.

DG - they'll eventually come back <hr /></blockquote>
Like a lot of people, I check in on AZB almost daily, however, there is so much repitition on that forum, I can't stay there to long. How many times can people ask for the best cue under $100? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The CCB is still my main forum, but I do visit others.

dg-in-centralpa
03-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I check in on AZB once in awhile. While they keep asking about the best cue under $100, everyday it's a new thread bashing GW with CCB. Frankly, I'm tired of all the political bashing. Whether you voted for him or not, or like him/don't like him, he is still the president and he deserves respect. It's easy for us to bash him, but let us be in his shoes and see how much it's different.

DG - may leave here for awhile

cueball1950
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Tap Tap Tap.........well said Duane..................mike

mikeindayton
03-27-2006, 10:58 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hello Eric, I'm pretty new to the forum and can only get on while at work third shift, but i do check whats going on every night. I don't even consider looking at other forums don't have the time. So i'll be here in and out /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian in VA
03-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Hi Eric,

I'm here but don't post much. Good to hear from you! Sounds like you had a good time at VF. Hope to see you at the US Open.

Brian in VA

Sid_Vicious
03-28-2006, 06:56 AM
In all due respect to you Duane, I simply disagree. Bush has manufactured his own mess, and been more than deceiptfull and outright dishonest many, many times. I don't feel anyone has to respect him or anyone just because thay are the president...sid

Steve Lipsky
03-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey Eric. I feel this board lost its way with the passing of Chris Cass. He was the heart and soul and it just hasn't been the same.

- Steve

DSAPOLIS
03-28-2006, 08:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Hey Eric. I feel this board lost its way with the passing of Chris Cass. He was the heart and soul and it just hasn't been the same.

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Agreed.

IMO, many discussion forums have turned into argument forums or bickering forums. Instead of discussing topics or passing along tips and advice, it has become a stage to see who can argue a topic more articulately than the other guy. About a year ago I said that the forums have outlived their usefulness. The message boards (IMO) were dead long before I wrote that. The missing ingredient seems to be respect. There are members of the forums that see nothing wrong with offending other people or insulting them, their beliefs, and their opinions. Instead of apologies there are justifications for that type of behavior and cliques are formed. These days the cliques not only exist in the forums, they also exist at tournaments and events such as the recent SBE where character assassination and assaulting others was obviously just as important as pool. As long as the forums have this atmosphere and as long as the current leaders and members of these cliques continue with their behavior on and off the forums (both here and at Azbilliards) then the participation and quality of the postings will remain the same. What I have written will only offend those that are guilty of that behavior.

Stretch
03-28-2006, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Hey Eric. I feel this board lost its way with the passing of Chris Cass. He was the heart and soul and it just hasn't been the same.

- Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Agreed.

IMO, many discussion forums have turned into argument forums or bickering forums. Instead of discussing topics or passing along tips and advice, it has become a stage to see who can argue a topic more articulately than the other guy. About a year ago I said that the forums have outlived their usefulness. The message boards (IMO) were dead long before I wrote that. The missing ingredient seems to be respect. There are members of the forums that see nothing wrong with offending other people or insulting them, their beliefs, and their opinions. Instead of apologies there are justifications for that type of behavior and cliques are formed. These days the cliques not only exist in the forums, they also exist at tournaments and events such as the recent SBE where character assassination and assaulting others was obviously just as important as pool. As long as the forums have this atmosphere and as long as the current leaders and members of these cliques continue with their behavior on and off the forums (both here and at Azbilliards) then the participation and quality of the postings will remain the same. What I have written will only offend those that are guilty of that behavior. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi DSAP /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, great post and good points. For a lot of reasons you've mentioned, and a boat load of other interests on my own I've pretty much taken myself out of the Pool forums. Like others, they still attract my attention occationaly for a quick lurk but.....it just aint the same.

I learned a lot though, i learned you can learn more from listening than you can from talking /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Nice to see you guys on this thread. St.

Sid_Vicious
03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
IMO we became infected with a new unpleasant poster here and again, and then the country was torn apart, putting more people at odds than I've ever seen before in all my years. Frankly I don't "hang" with many of my off-CCB Rightie friends like I used to, so what's happened here on this board is imo, indicative to that as well. Couple the appearance of more brash mannered members and the polarity of today's world in politics, and it's easy to see what's happened with the slow traffic here. I will admit...it ain't the same happy family it used to be...sid

wolfdancer
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
dg, you can't leave...well you can leave as long as the Mrs stays....lol
Hey just avoid the trash talkin' threads on the far side of the board, and the CCB is still worth a look see. still that occasional "gem" from our posters here.
I haven't seen the good doctor, Dr. Dave post for awhile....hope he's not going to be one of the notables that
disappear here
Nice to see "Blackjack" back to add some civility here.

Eric.
03-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Well, I'm glad ther are a few posters left. I was starting to feel like the Maytag repair man!

Glad to see some of the long time posters, a new poster and a wayward waif poster(good to see you back, Les).

This isn't the most meaningful thread, I was just hoping that this board doesn't become a ghost town.

Eric

Deeman3
03-28-2006, 01:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> IMO we became infected with a new unpleasant poster here and again, and then the country was torn apart, putting more people at odds than I've ever seen before in all my years. Frankly I don't "hang" with many of my off-CCB Rightie friends like I used to, so what's happened here on this board is imo, indicative to that as well. Couple the appearance of more brash mannered members and the polarity of today's world in politics, and it's easy to see what's happened with the slow traffic here. I will admit...it ain't the same happy family it used to be...sid <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Sid,

You silly lefty, I still hang with my communist friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We should be able to keep the hot side hot and the cold side cold in this forum.</font color>

Deeman
Right Wing, Left Wallet

dg-in-centralpa
03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Sid,
I haven't found a president yet who didn't lie to the people or put us in harm's way to some degree. LBJ kept us in Nam longer than we should have, Kennedy screwed everything that moved, Nixon had Watergate, Reagan had the Iran Contra, Clinton had Osama and left him go, and the list goes on. They deserve respect because it's a job where no matter what, you won't please anybody. You couldn't pay me enough to take that job. Look at the Non Pool side and over 75% of the posts on the opening page are about Bush. What happened to the funny jokes and funny personal stories? Will the same bashing keep going if a democrat president screws up? I doubt it. I'm not thrillied with Bush either but like it or not, we have him for 2 1/2 years.

Duane

jtlabs
03-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Duane,

I agree with you and respect your opinion. The problem is when economic times get hard people get antsy and start pointing fingers. If they do not blame the president they'll blame immigrants, if not immigrants some other entity like big government. It is just the nature of the beast unfortunately.

I try to treat life like pool, take accountability for all your mistakes and stop using the table as an excuse.

With that said, when I get together with my extended family and friends, their are two things I do not talk about, politics and religion. To me it is ignorant to break up any kind of relationship over point of views related to those two subjects. Nothing brings out more hate and anger in people then those two subjects.

Regards,
Jay

Sid_Vicious
03-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Ain't a prez in history screwed up like this one, and such a poor liar he is. THAT is what makes this jerk an absolute acceptable target for slinging arrows upon. I have to say that your examples of other presidents track records paled in comparison to the crap situation we have been dragged into by Bush. It is not nearly the same, except for Johnson's lingering in VN, AND Bush is now guilty every day he keeps us in Iraq and not deployed in neighboring countries. Bush sucks, JM2C and I'm stickin' to it...sid

Deeman3
03-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Sid,

Can't we keep this drivel on the non-pool related side before we drive everyone away?

Deeman

Barbara
03-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Actually, Dave's post is directed at me for calling Debra Li a hypocrite on the AZB forums.

Barbara

heater451
03-28-2006, 05:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> . . .but let us be in his shoes and see how much it's different.<hr /></blockquote>Let me at it!

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that, since I turned 35 this year, I will soon be running for the Office. I want to be the first to become President-elect, based solely on internet campaigning. Sometime before the next election, I will be testing the limits of chain-emailing, and posting to every forum and newsgroup I can find, to be the "write-in" candidate.

Don't know who to vote for, write me in!

(just kidding, although I have actually had the thought about seeing how many votes one could get, by doing it that way. . . .)

=======================================

DSAPOLIS
03-28-2006, 09:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Actually, Dave's post is directed at me for calling Debra Li a hypocrite on the AZB forums.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara
With all due respect, you are wrong in your assumption. If you have disagreements with people, try to work them out instead of prolonging them or trying to make them worse. My comments had absolutely nothing to do with you at all.

CarolNYC
03-29-2006, 01:56 AM
I miss Chris.........heres a pm I'd like to share:

Your so sweet. The cards were great and all the NY pros too. Your so special to me and I know you know that too. I love you and can't say it enough. Heide and Christ loved the gifts and me especially. Your #1 and I know you'll make a great pro soon. My regards to Jimmy and the girls, tell them they're lucky to have you. I want the very best for you and even though I'm not next to you or in the stands, I'll be there in thought, cheering you on to victory. I'm not looking for the win, but I am looking for that one shot that you make that makes everything good. That one shot that tells you that I have something. I am someone and one day I'll show the world, I am a player. You'll know it during a match. It's the shot that seems so effortlessly. It sounds so beautiful as it hits the back of the pocket. The one that you have to repeat. That waltz of your rythm. The graceful and streaming flow from start to finish as your running out. Everything around you as if time stood still and all is in your control. Make music Carol and don't stop.

Chris

Thats about it for me-I'll play the music for Chris and I'll dance!

Carol_loved him on earth and will meet him in heaven!
Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesemouse
03-29-2006, 05:19 AM
CarolNYC,
Thanks for that Carol...Like you and Steve...I really miss 'the Cassman'...since his departure I slowly whinned(sp) myself from posting so much and now I lurk some. For me the best thing about this forum was meeting my cyber pool buddy. Chris was something special. When I'm out playing the game I try and pay tribute to him by thinking "how would my buddy conduct himself here?"
I exchanged many pm's and phone calls with Chris and only wished we could have played some stick together.
Chris gave me a goal and it is to die with grace...

DickLeonard
03-29-2006, 06:02 AM
SSSSSTTTTTTRRRRRREEEEETTTTTCCCCCHHHHHH. As soon as I saw the post HHellllooooooooooo You came to mind nice to see you posting. I sort of stop posting on the pool side how many times can you answer the same question. It is to bad that there isn't away to search old posts for answers to new posters questions and repost it. ####

DickLeonard
03-29-2006, 06:04 AM
Heater451 you get my vote.####

DickLeonard
03-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Dave the character assassination went on in 40s and 50s we all know who the Prima Donna's were. If you were old enuff to have been there.

As for assaults I only know of one incident but the offending party, behavior changed. It wasn't the assaulter but the assaultees behavior that changed.Some people are never suppose to lose.####

Keith Talent
03-29-2006, 08:37 AM
I also think Chris' enthusiasm is missed. But I'm glad to hear Eric isn't calling in from the King of Prussia pen, at least!

Maybe the cliques started taking up more space here than they should. And what's with this political stuff leaking into the main forum? This is where I come for a pool fix, not pol-bashing.

Still, I check it out every few days and still pick up some worthwhile stuff. Guess I could again offer some cranky opinions or comic relief in exchange, but the CCB's a tough room these days. lol.

Voodoo Daddy
03-29-2006, 04:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Hello Eric, long time no see. I check in from time to time but I never post. How the devil are ye? <hr /></blockquote>

Holy shitaki mushrooms...its Lester, how the hell are you?

CarolNYC
03-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Hey Cheesemouse,
How are Ya? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chris was something special. When I'm out playing the game I try and pay tribute to him <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah,I think we all do-you take carenow,okay?
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-30-2006, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
shitaki mushrooms <hr /></blockquote>

What the hell is that?
Carol~LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

supergreenman
03-31-2006, 11:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I check in on AZB once in awhile. While they keep asking about the best cue under $100, everyday it's a new thread bashing GW with CCB. Frankly, I'm tired of all the political bashing. Whether you voted for him or not, or like him/don't like him, he is still the president and he deserves respect. It's easy for us to bash him, but let us be in his shoes and see how much it's different.

DG - may leave here for awhile <hr /></blockquote>
I'll have to respectfully disagree, respect is earned, it doesn't come with an elected(or quasi-elected supreme court appointed) position.

Mr. Bush has done nothing IMO that warrents respect. On the other hand his short-sightedness and incompetance does command a certain respect for how badly things can go wrong.

mybreak
04-01-2006, 04:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Actually, Dave's post is directed at me for calling Debra Li a hypocrite on the AZB forums.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara...I honestly doubt that Dave Sapolis had you in mind and targeted you when he made his post. However, what he should have done is made a hard copy of it and placed it under the morning cup of coffee of his girlfriend for her to read to see if it would sink into her thick skull. Everything he wrote describes her perfectly. Do you think she would have gotten the message?? Do you think he was smart enough to realize what he wrote was ALL about her?

rukiddingme
04-02-2006, 05:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Steve Lipsky:</font><hr> Hey Eric. I feel this board lost its way with the passing of Chris Cass. He was the heart and soul and it just hasn't been the same.

Boy...ain't that the truth.
Can't believe he's gone almost a year now.
ruk

trailboss
04-03-2006, 12:30 AM
There are a lot of good posters here. The subject matter is kind of worn out is all. Like was said how many posts on the best cue or best tip can you have?

hhilario
04-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Hello Eric... and everyone else. I've been lurking an reading headers for the last 10 months. Work hasn't given me that much time. Also, I've notice that I play better when I read than when I write.

...damn lost again!

Harold Acosta
04-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Some of us are still around in the "lurking" mode. I keep coming back here because there are no "heated discussions" like at the AZ Forum. Besides, they keep banging on the same subject, over and over, again, and many times it really gets out of control.

All the "mellowed fellows" are here. It's nice to come back home and see that in one way or another, we are still around.

Harold Acosta
04-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Hilario, please send me an email once in a while. We are planning another event in Puerto Rico with some pro's and it would be nice to have some of your people in our Island. Please contact me as soon as get some free time.

DickLeonard
04-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Carol Chris left a legacy of posts that can be read over and over. I consider him a saint among sinners. ####

DickLeonard
04-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Trailboss sometimes the post looks like it came from the cuemaker trying to promote his cue. Blackheart was posting long before I ever heard of his cue making. He treated it like a secret.####