PDA

View Full Version : BCA Trade Show Treat

Bob_Jewett
03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Those of you going to the BCA Trade Show in a week and a half will be able to see Semih Sayginer shooting fancy shots on a carom table. The typical response, even from people who have seen Mike Massey shoot, is "That's not possible." Ask him to show you the 11-cushion shot.

The table, a Gabriels Imperator with steel frame and 2-inch (maybe 2.75-inch) slate, will be available for a show discount price.

If you do get a chance to see Semih, ask him to show you some balkline as well.

Scott Lee
03-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Sayginer is indeed amazing. Something I will never forget, from a few years ago, is sitting with fellow trick shot artists Massey, Rossman, Sarge, and George Middleditch, watching Sayginer beat Sang Lee in the finals of the world championship (after being down 2 sets to zero, in a race to 3), and then performing an amazing 3-C trick shot show afterwards. We were ALL amazed at his talents. After the show, Massey went down and traded his own tapes for one of Sayginer's (when it was ready for sale). That show is the one you can buy, showing Sayginer doing his trickshots. It's phenominal, and I'd recommend anyone going to Houston not to miss seeing him in person.

Scott Lee

ALLENJK
03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Absolutely amazing - THIS IS A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!
http://caromtv.com/videos/preview_sayginer.html (http://caromtv.com/videos/preview/_sayginer.html)
Enjoy
Jon

ALLENJK
03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Sorry guys it doesn't look like the link is working. I typed it in and it went right to it. I'll see if I can find a different address to post. It's worth finding.

Bob_Jewett
03-28-2006, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> ... Sayginer beat Sang Lee in the finals of the world championship (after being down 2 sets to zero, in a race to 3), and then performing an amazing 3-C trick shot show afterwards. ... <hr /></blockquote>
A small correction... That was the 1999 WorldCup in Las Vegas (I'm pretty sure) and Sang Lee won the match. It is a tribute to Sayginer's showmanship that after the defeat, he got up and gave a super exhibition.

Stretch
03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ALLENJK:</font><hr> Sorry guys it doesn't look like the link is working. I typed it in and it went right to it. I'll see if I can find a different address to post. It's worth finding. <hr /></blockquote>

thanks Allen, that was Awsome! I i got threw to the homepage with your link. Then on the list to the left click "free previews" then click on.....that guy, and saw some WICKED shots. Thanks /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

theinel
03-28-2006, 10:18 AM
This is the corrected link to the Sayginer video that ALLENJK posted...

http://caromtv.com/videos/preview_sayginer.html

It's about 4 minutes long and has some really good shots. The Carom TV site also has several other video clips of actual matches and some other players doing exhibitions viewable here (http://caromtv.com/videos/preview.html). The site uses frames which you wont see with these links. Go directly to CaromTV.com and click on "Free Views" to see their list as intended.

Scott Lee
03-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Bob...Oops! LOL You're right...Sayginer had complete control of the match, and Sang Lee came back to win three straight sets (running 15 and out in one set, iirc)! My mistake! I just remember some incredible 3-C play that day, by both players...and of course Sayginer's trick shots.

Scott Lee

norcal1
04-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Sang Lee didn't go 15 and out in this match. I'm not sure there is a tape of him EVER doing a fifteen and out. Burgman did it against Sang, and Sang Lee ran a 15 and a 14 in a game against Havermans but it wasn't in a 3/5 sets format.

Still makes me sad to see Sang and his little girl at the end of the Sayginer match. Wish he could of stayed around a little longer...

Scott Lee
04-03-2006, 09:20 AM
norcal1...You may be correct here. However, Sang Lee did win the set 15-0, and I'm pretty sure there were no more than 2-3 innings, which is still stunning play. That final match is available on DVD and vhs.

Scott Lee