PDA

View Full Version : Ted speaks out on immigration

wolfdancer
03-28-2006, 10:50 AM
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but! one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Gayle in MD
03-28-2006, 11:48 AM
TapTapTap....did you notice how many of the protestors were holding the Mexican Flag?????

We were watching the riotors and looters of the future! One third in our prisons are illegals.

Gayle in Md.
So glad I didn't vote for George Bush

Drop1
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Thats all well,and good,if you are White,or Black. Are we going to dump St.Patrick's day,or October fest,or any occassion that is not American in origin. Goodbye Christmas,Easter,and Halloween. I can understand why illegals are unwanted,I just don't buy the idea that four hundred thousand Americans want to work in the fields. I grew up poor,and I cut grapes,and picked lemons. The family followed the crops from Southern Calif,to Washington,until the orange groves were torn up to build tract homes. My wife was illegal,when I married her thirty eight years ago.She worked cleaning houses,and we got her green card.She still is not a citizen. She is what is known as a resident alien. She helped me complete High School,and College. Now what the hell does this have to do with the subject of illegal aliens? Simple it has to do with lumping one class of people together,as responsible for problems we created. After thirty eight years,the department of Immigration wants my wife to surrender her green card,because she was out of the Country five days longer than is permitted. We buried one child here,and have a son,and grand children here,and payed taxes on a business we built. Yes Sir,we gotta be American,and only let the wealthy white alliens cut grapes.

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 05:10 AM
Drop, you make some good points. Why didn't your wife automatically become an American Citizen when you married her? I don't get it?

You speak of thirty-eight years ago, that's a long time. Thirty-eight years ago we didn't have the kind of black market drug trade that we have now. Our country is spending 3.3 million a day to pay for illegals in jail. I think that the illegals are being exploited by the same greedy Corporate CEO's that are raking in higher profits, on the backs of exploited, and in many cases, uneducated people, of all color and race. In the long run, everyone would be much better off if people could only come here legally. The economic losses to our country, and the higher costs of health care, insurance, education, all higher because we have to pick up the difference for those who come here and work the system, no health or car insurance, take jobs, under the table pay, use our social services, and send their money back home, not temporarily, but for the duration of their stay.

In the construction field, the wages have dropped. Many of those jobs were traditionally taken by the lower rung of our economic ladder, if you will, people who did not have an education, and had to pull themselves up from the bottom, but they could still live a decent life from the wages construction and agricultural companies paid, and they payed taxes, insurance, etc.

You make a good point, we all have our heritage, I am English, Irish and Italian, and celebrate St Patricks day, and fly the Italian flag, under the American flag on my boat. And, you are right, it isn't fair to lump a whole segment of any peoples into one category, but this situation with illegals is really drastic at this point, not to mention the crime, and the necessity to have our borders secured from terrorists who could easily transport WMD's into our country.

I do think there should be more attention to discriminate between migrant workers, and illegal aliens, but I don't think that it is necessarily true that some American workers would not work in agriculture, if the pay and conditions had not been destroyed through the hiring of illegal aliens, working under the table, not paying taxes, and driving up costs for hard working Americans. Why should legal American Citizens have to foot the bill for people who don't pay into the system?

Gayle in Md....hope you get this situation with your wife cleared up....

Drop1
03-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Gayle, when I married my wife,we were required to get permission for both Mexico,and the U.S.,,because of a law dating back to the Korean Police Action. What was happening was some returning men were marrying Korean women for large somes of money,so they could become immediate citizens. The government changed the rules to require an application to marry,with a letter from the local police department,that no criminal record existed,and with this letter,finger prints,and a picture. Mexico set our wedding day for Nov.2nd 1967,and gave us three days notice by mail. I thougt it nice of them to pick the day that all of Mexico calls the day of the Dead,and bring food,and pass the night with their dead realitives. Marriage gives you no rights to citizenship,you still have to go through the process of a formal application. Because of this law,after we were married,in a Civil ceramony I took the bus back to Long Beach Calif,sans Maria,and she returned to Ensenada. I saw her again 7 months later,after she crossed the border illegaly,and we started our lives together. I think there are many good people like Maria, who want a better life,and know their only chance is to illegally cross the Border. On the other hand,I know the problems of border drug gangs,and people that are really undesireable coming into the Country to minipulate our failed welfare system. I know illegals commit crimes,and many are into pushing drug,and end up in prison. What I don't understand is why we don't demand payment from countries such as Mexico for the cost of maintaining these criminals. The U.S. still gives Mexico foreign aid,thirty million for this year.Mexico is not poor,but the government is corrupt,and nothing happens without someone getting greased. The cost for the elections coming up in July will cost thirteen billion dollars,more than any country in the world spends. Mexico gets about the same amount of money from Mexicans living outside of Mexico,and sending money to their families. The politicians of Mexico plead poverty,while they steal the country blind. They all have homes in other countries,and send their kids to Europe to study, or to top Universitis in the U.S. Anyway nothing will happen to Maria that I cannot reverse on appeal.

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Wow, I never knew that was the way it worked. I thought that once you married an American citizen, you were also American. I'm really sorry to hear that you area dealing with such a situation. I will pm you on this....later.

You are so right about Mexico, though. And this country is beginning to look just as corrupt lately. Here we are, importing poverty, and criminal behavior, exporting jobs, partially due to corruption within our own government, all for the benefit of the rich, CEO's, ... lobbyists, and corrupt politicians. Our trade deficits with these countries are pretty hefty, too, both with Canada and Mexico.

The Catholic church, in Mexico, does nothing to put pressure on the government there, yet they assist illegal immigrants here.

The most pressing part of it, IMO, is that we MUST secure our borders, and our ports. to think that five years after 9/11, we have not accomplished that much, is ridiculous!

Gayle in Md.
So proud I did not vote for George Bush!

Drop1
03-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Until the goverment of Mexico has to feel the financial pain of bearing the responsibilty for illegal Mexicans in the U.S.,there will be no slow down of the alien march out of Mexico. The Catholic Church is pushing for political power,as it has through out its history. It really does nothing ,except extract money,from the people. The only reason Pope John Paul 11 came to Mexico so many times was Mexico is a cash cow for the Church,and covered all the expenses.

Gayle in MD
03-30-2006, 12:02 PM
That's the truth! The Catholic Church is big business! All the churches are, IMO. Hey, you don't have your pm message service on.....I had a suggestion on your wife's situation...but I'd rather not post it on the board. It might help, if you're interested...

Later...
Gayle

ceebee
03-30-2006, 06:40 PM
I have lots of friends, because I have spent lots of years traveling across this land for BOEING. I have friends from all walks of life, just about all races, most creeds & all colors. I have something very important in common with these friends of mine, we have all been hardworking, legitimate citizens of America. I also have some uncommon facets of life as well, some are language differences in our homes, possibly religion, maybe different diets & dress, but we are ALL legitimate Americans first & last.

Drop1
03-30-2006, 07:05 PM
What do you call the Immigrants in the U.S. Army,serving in Iraq?

Drop1
03-30-2006, 07:17 PM
I had to turn off the pm message service,because some well meaning forum members felt the need to make my life,a part of their lives,and everyday I was getting a report of something I said that was offensive. It really is a good service if people don't use it to promote themselves. I appreciate your kindness regarding my wife.
Steve

UnAmericanYOU
03-31-2006, 12:12 AM
Kennedy's proposal will enable any illegal immigrant to become a US citized for 3,000 dollars after they've been here for five years.

This is for illegals only, Ted Kennedy and immigration reform don't exactly belong together ever.

eg8r
03-31-2006, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you call the Immigrants in the U.S. Army,serving in Iraq? <hr /></blockquote> Soldiers.

eg8r

Drop1
03-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Funny thats what the United States Army calls them.

Drop1
03-31-2006, 01:53 PM
A lot of people don't like Kennedy. So do you have a proposal for immigration reform,or are you just happy bashing what other people think? Welcome to the forum.

eg8r
04-03-2006, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thats what the United States Army calls them. <hr /></blockquote> Then where is the confusion? By the way, who cares if there are immigrants in our military. We are all to some extent an immigrant. I guess you are wanting to know if there is another name if the person fighting happened to arrive here illegally. I don't know that answer, but then again you never asked the question.

eg8r

Drop1
04-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I think they become citizens when the are discharged,but I'm not sure. My neighbor here in Mexico fought for the U.S. in Viet Nam he was wounded three times in combat,and when President Reagan was shot he sent one of the three silver stars he received to Reagan,saying the President had been wounded in combat. Any person that cannot pledge one hundred percent allegence to the American flag should not be in the Military.

Qtec
04-03-2006, 09:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Funny thats what the United States Army calls them. <hr /></blockquote> Then where is the confusion? By the way, who cares if there are immigrants in our military. We are all to some extent an immigrant. I guess you are wanting to know if there is another name if the person fighting happened to arrive here illegally. I don't know that answer, but then again you never asked the question.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

You gigantic flip-flopper.
first you want to round them up and kick them out but if they want to take a bullet for you in Iraq, your OK with that!
The illegals go from criminal to hero's as soon as they are in the Army?
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any person that cannot pledge one hundred percent allegence to the American flag should not be in the Military. <hr /></blockquote> I agree. However if the Army is short of meeting their recruiting goals I would not put it past any recruiter to take anyone wanting to go.

[ QUOTE ]
I think they become citizens when the are discharged,but I'm not sure. <hr /></blockquote> I would be inclined to accept that. My goodness, if the person was not caught up to that point and they were willing to put their life on the line for this country then have every right as we do. However, I do believe, meeting quotas or not, the Army should be doing their job catching the illegals and sending them back.

eg8r

eg8r
04-04-2006, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You gigantic flip-flopper.
first you want to round them up and kick them out but if they want to take a bullet for you in Iraq, your OK with that!
<hr /></blockquote> You gigantic fool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Your comprehension is getting worse by the day. If we wait long enough you will refer to my post as being racist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I even clarified the point that the immigrant was not identified as illegal or not so I took the liberty to respond as if the person was LEGAL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif It does not matter if they are an immigrant or not (I am not saying it does not matter if they are illegal or not). I have not changed my position at all, I still stand by what I have said in the past, send illegals back.

You really need to just read a little before you open your mouth. Your post about Boortz being racist was a perfect example of you lack of comprehension and here you just solidy it.

[ QUOTE ]
The illegals go from criminal to hero's as soon as they are in the Army? <hr /></blockquote> Did someone say that? Maybe if you gave a little substance to the reasoning behind the question I might answer it. If you reasoning is based on your poor ability to comprehend my post then rest assured I will not answer the question.

eg8r

Drop1
04-04-2006, 12:06 PM
I think they should have to read,write,and speak basic engish..and have a visectomy. Can't be too careful about their breeding habits.

wolfdancer
04-04-2006, 12:32 PM
That "visectomy" sounds painful.......is that like when you put your testicles in a vise and close it?

Drop1
04-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah,we don't want no whimps in this mans army.

eg8r
04-04-2006, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they should have to read,write,and speak basic engish..and have a visectomy. Can't be too careful about their breeding habits. <hr /></blockquote> Can't argue with that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Deeman3
04-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Today, a rumor started that the immigration service was doing a raid at my plant. We lost 45 workers, they just ran out of the plant. My H.R. people swear all ours are legit but I am not so sure now.

They are saying that some temporary workers were here doing clean-up for construction and when they heard, they cut out like a herd of turtles. The reason, the legals ride with the illegals! It's like 7 to a car, they are saying. It's now 8:30 p.m. and we are just now getting them back in the plant.

Deeman
will have a meeting in the morning.....

Drop1
04-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Hell they ain't gonna raid any factories,or building companies. In all of 2005 there were only three raids on suspected locations. In 2001,there was more than four hundred. This whole immigration reform plan won't mount to sh*t. Bush can walk the walk,and talk the talk,but he can't pull the trigger.

Vagabond
04-06-2006, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> TapTapTap....did you notice how many of the protestors were holding the Mexican Flag?<hr /></blockquote>
Yesterday Rush limbauch called it `jumping the shark` and it is going to be their downfall.
As far as I am concerned these are invaders of a sovereign Nation and I will call them enemy combatants.I am Not going to vote for the politicians who are defending the invaders/enemy combatants/criminals.
You may write to Howard Dean saying that democrats by defending the criminals are helping Republicans with a easy win in the next elections.Next president will be a Republican. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
By the way I am neither Republican nor Democrat.

Gayle in MD
04-08-2006, 08:00 AM
While I am totally against amnesty for law breakers, I also will not vote for a party full of law breakers who are already American Citizens!!!!

The biggest law breaker in this country, is George Bush! Are you sure you want more republican law breakers in office??? Frist is still being investigated for insider trading. Just this week a DHLS guy got arrested for internet sexual advances on a minor, Libby is on his way to jail, Bush and Cheney were responsible for the leak, Delay has had to resign his position because his constituents won't vote for a crook, and three of his former aids are indicted in the Abramoff scandal, The White House Domestic Affairs guy, arrested for shoplifting, Scanlon, White House precurement officer, arrested and indicted, several other republicans, Cunningham, and another one, Can't think of his name right now, Ohio representative, I think, indicted, and the list goes on and on!

I wouldn't vote for a republican for neighborhood dog catcher!

Gayle in Md.

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2006, 08:32 AM
"I wouldn't vote for a republican for neighborhood dog catcher!"

I would! Cheney, Bush and Rummy in the township neighborhood of Bagdad with nothing but one of those long sticks with the loop of rope at the end. Seriously though, for not even the staunchest rightie in seeing this travesty to our country in the lies and more lies, broken laws, and more broken laws,,,it states the true condition to the patriotic conditions here. Pathetic ignorameous-z..sid