PDA

View Full Version : More Bush lies

Gayle in MD
03-28-2006, 12:47 PM
George Bush....March 22...
So for anybody out there in Wast Virginia who thinks its easy to commit troops, it's hard, it's the last option of the president, not the first option."

Information emerged yesterday which proves what all those supposed disgruntled employees who wrote books about George Bush's pre-presidential plans to invade Iraq were correct and true. And that intelligence was in fact cherry picked, and/or exaggerated in order to build a case for war.

Even those who poo pooed the first Downing Street Memo, (July 2002) can no longer deny that this president intended to invade Iraq, had plans to do so, before he was elected, and would hear of nothing else before he ever entered the White House.

Bush, a week before the innauguration, in a meeting with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, in a 90 minute period of time, spent 45 of those minutes discussing Iraq. The joint chiefs emerged from the meeting in shock. There had been a New York times story in the week before Bush took office that quoted some of the Joint Chiefs///" We were shocked at how determined Bush was to go to War with Iraq." 2 years before 9/11.

Cheney called the State Department, right after the Supreme Court decision to stop the counting of American votes, and told the State Department officials...
"I do not want an infromation tour of the world, of all the potential threats to the United Sataes,"
"I want a briefing about one country only, IRAQ." according to then Defence Secretary William Cohen. This is completely consistant with every book I have read regarding Bush's predetermined desire launch war with Iraq, and his use of the 9/11 attack to build public support for war by manipulating intelligence, and claim ties between bin Laden and Saddam.

While George Bush snapped at Helen Thomas recently in the press conference, and cut her off for questioning him about the real reason he went to war in Iraq....stating..." "No President WANTS to go to war..." "War is always a last resort." the recent disclosure of another British memo proves otherwise...

The memo states that six weeks before Powell made his presentation to the United Nations on Iraq, Blair stated that George Bush was determined to go to war with Iraq, regardless of WMD's.... or the United Nations.

Although the White House is now saying that focussing on the memo amounts to re-writing history...the Memo also states that Bush had even engaged in discussions of painting UN planes and flying them over Iraq in hopes that Saddam would fire on them. The memo proves that they knew in advance that they had no actual proof or reasons for the attack.

During a meeting with Blair and Jack Straw, Blair's former advisor, and now British Ambassador to the United States,
when Blair questioned Bush about the aftermath of the invasion, Bush indicated he didn't think there would be any insurgency, disregarding thousands of pages from State Department intelligence, which warned of the probability of a fierce insurgency, and the long term difficulties that would result from an occupation in Iraq, and the difficulties of leaving if the United States were to occupy the country.

While Powell was constantly skeptical and believed there was no firm evidence of a need for war, it is clear that Bush had received clear, concise evidence that there were no WMD's in Iraq, and was determined to launch war regardless.

Now that their collective lies have undermined the confidence of their perspective countries, and with Iran's threat to the national security of both countries, it is possible that they have created a far greater national security risk to both countries.

There is no question that this war was a war of choice, and that there would have been no way for Saddam to prove he had no WMD's, since he actually did not have them, a distressing report of which he stated to his own army just before the US invasion. You can't produce something you do not have, and that is precisely what the Iraqi Ambassador to the United Nations kept saying before Bush prematurly ended the inspections.

Gayle in Md.
So glad I did not vote for George Bush!

wolfdancer
03-28-2006, 01:52 PM
You mean that the 2000 plus Americans killed, the 17,000 injured, maimed, the 30,000 to 50,000 Iragis killed, the 100,000 Iragi's injured, maimed, the 2 billion per day in new debt....was just because George wanted to go to war? Well, George and God, I believe. Troubling.....
Let us hope that history does not repeat itself. Joan of Arc was also commissioned by God (same God, I think) to lead her nation in war....and look what the libs did to Joan.
We are a little more civilized though....maybe just an effigy or two (we could add the gang of four to the blaze.....set it and forget it)

pooltchr
03-28-2006, 05:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> there would have been no way for Saddam to prove he had no WMD's, since he actually did not have them, a distressing report of which he stated to his own army just before the US invasion.
Gayle in Md.
So glad I did not vote for George Bush! <hr /></blockquote>

I am so distressed to hear that poor Sadam was just a victim in all of this. Let me shed a tear for him here. Of course, it could have been avoided had he simply complied with the UN resolutions. But he was smart enough to know that the US was coming, and best hide or get rid of any incriminating evidence. Poor man!!!

So Gayle, tell us all...who was in the right? Bush or Sadam? And as a favor to us mentally challenged, could you answer that question without burying in in 20 paragraphs of what we have already heard. A one word answer would suffice.
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Kind of makes you wonder...had George Bush been truly honest, had he stated in the lead up to the 2,000 election, his true intentions, that he intended to send our young people to give their lives in Iraq, so that the United States could spend a fortune building bases in Iraq, and that war was his intention, a pre-emptive war with a country which was no immediate threat to our national security, and which the bulk of available intelligence suggested had no WMD's, and no immediate access to get them, who would have voted for him?

Most revealing of his decietful nature, and aside from his obvious lies to the country about mushroom clouds, and rolling labs, his recent proclaimations....

"No president wants to go to war. War, is always a last resort."

What a completely dishonest man! Makes you wonder, did God tell him to lie to the world?

Gayle in Md.
So proud that I didn't vote for George Bush.

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 04:09 AM
Very revealing, how your main interest is defending Bush, rather than about anger over the way he lied, and no mention of all those who have lost their lives, suffered the lost of their arms, legs, sight, lives that will never be the same, ever. They aren't just numbers, they are Americans, who sacrificed everything, on a pack of lies, told to them by their Commander and Chief, who portrays himself as a hollier than thou, Christian. Disgusting.

Gayle in Md.
So proud I didn't voter for George Bush!

pooltchr
03-29-2006, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Very revealing, how your main interest is defending Bush, rather than about anger over the way he lied, and no mention of all those who have lost their lives, suffered the lost of their arms, legs, sight, lives that will never be the same, ever. They aren't just numbers, they are Americans, who sacrificed everything, on a pack of lies, told to them by their Commander and Chief, who portrays himself as a hollier than thou, Christian. Disgusting.

Gayle in Md.
So proud I didn't voter for George Bush! <hr /></blockquote>

Once again, you failed to answer a very simple question.
Steve

eg8r
03-29-2006, 06:27 AM
So back to pooltchr's question, who gets your pick?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Neither.

pooltchr
03-29-2006, 07:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Neither. <hr /></blockquote>

Someone with such strong opinions can't decide??????? Maybe you should ask Murtha how to answer that one!
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Maybe you are the one who should start searching for some answers. You voted for a man who has lied to the world. An absolute idiot who thought that he could ignore all the warnings, twist the intelligence, and send our troops into two countries, both with histories of a thousand years of lawlessness, and corruption, and sell them on democracy, all for a measly cost of 30 billion dollars, which at present has cost 300 billion and counting. He failed to gain support from allies, or use diplomacy, and is now unable to extricate our country from the tempest he has created.

He ignored all the evidence and advice of experts who told him there were no WMD's, and launched a war which he has failed miserably to direct with any efficiency or success. He failed completely to anticipate the insurgency, in spite of all the intelligence which predicted it, which he ignored. Now he's begging for allies to help him deal with the mess he created, and none are dumb enough to step up to the plate, nor do they want to, because he thumbed his nose at them when he started, Mr. Big Balls...Mission accomplisheed~!

Iraqis did not ask us to intervene in their lives, and he has gone in there and destroyed much of their infrastructure, and failed to rebuild it, failed to put into place the infrastructure for a justice system, or any economic opportunity, 50 % unemployment, Senator Ken Salazar, just returned and rates, from a scale of 0 - 100 we are a 10 as regards the creation of a criminal justice system.

The Iraqi parliament, which was according to George Bush, just dying for democracy, has failed to produce a government, and Afghanistan, which is wrought with drug smuggling war lords, will become more and more militant and violent as we endeavor to destroy their poppy fields, of which we have only destroyed 200 acres.

It is bad enough that he lied us into the war, but what massive nerve and balls, to do that, and then proceed with complete incompetence, and continue to lie about the facts on the ground, while our troops are killed daily.

He sould be impeached, and thrown in jail for the rest of his life. Saddam couldn't have done much more damage to the United States, or Iraq, than George Bush has done. We wouldn't be in $30,000.00 debt per person in this country, and there might be a lot more Iraqi's alive right now with SH there than with GWB in there.

The world is full of tyrants, who kill and oppress, are you for all of them? Your premise, as usual, is ridiculous. Decisions are made according to priorities, my priority, and that of most Americans after 9/11, was to get Osama bin Laden, George Bush has failed to do that, also. Nobody gave a good $h** about Saddam, or what the hell he was doing in Iraq. This was an un-necessary, illegal, immoral, war.

Where is the missing 8.8 billions dollars, and where the hell is bin Laden???? YOU answer my questions.

Gayle in Md.
Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

pooltchr
03-29-2006, 12:44 PM
8 paragraphs, and you still can't answer one simple question.
Steve

Cueless Joey
03-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe Bush did not knowingly lie?
He's just too dumb to decipher fantasy from reality, perhaps?
I heard he still nails socks by the chimney on Christmas eves. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Joey~ Used to support Bush until his $30 no longer filled his gas tank~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
HA HA HA...I believe it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 06:50 PM
I answered it, you didn't like the answer, so, as usual you failed to digest it. One is as bad as the other! I am not FOR either of them. I am for our troops, period, and getting them the hell out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and out of the Middle East, altogether.

And NO, if elected, I will not serve, LMAO...

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

wolfdancer
03-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Gayle, there was no "simple" answer to that question,and you were limited to picking one of his answers to his question???
The real question is was war the only choice to settle the inspection dispute?
"We" feared Iraq may be secretly developing nuclear weapons, and now removing the threat of Iraq from Iran...has empowered them to openly embark on becoming a nuclear power.

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Very true, and Afghanistan is heating up also. I just don't understand how Bush, or anyone else, for that matter, could have been so damn stupid!

He reminds me of a bull in a china store. What a total oaf.
He'll never be known for his diplomacy, that's for sure. It scares me everytime I hear that he is talking to leaders from other countries. He's either selling us up the river, and blowing up more warfare!

I still think he's a clone! The problem is, he's playing into the hands of so many countries, enemies, and crooks, I can't figure out which despot had him cloned!

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Actually, Saddam was right. He knew Iran was the real threat, unlike Bush, and that's why he didn't want Iran to know that he didn't have any nukes. All the foreign experts agree on this, so don't give me any Bull about it.

Any other questions?

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Do you approve of the lies George Bush told to the world? Yes or no?

wolfdancer
03-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Here are the originals from which the whithouse gang of four were cloned from
http://www.howdydoodytime.com/images/gang_page.gif

Gayle in MD
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
HA HA HA HA....No let's see....that must be Bush, far left, cause you know, those talking birds just say the same four words, over and over, then Cheney, Libby, and gee, Condi must be using the same face bleach that Michael Jackson uses... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Never could figure out which one looked the most like Howdy, Bush, or Condi?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
03-30-2006, 05:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Do you approve of the lies George Bush told to the world? Yes or no?

<hr /></blockquote>

No! (see how easy it is to answer a question?)
I also don't agree with the lies thay you continuously repeat over and over on this forum. You are no different from those who blindly believe in Bush...you're just blindly believing what the other side tells you.
Steve

DickLeonard
03-30-2006, 05:59 AM
Pooltchr Saddam was right, he allowed the inspectors in but it really didn't matter Bush was going to war with him. He had no weapons to show them. He was in Catch 22. I still believe that when we found no weapons of mass destruction we should have pulled out of Iraq. Bringing them Democrazy was not the reason for going to war.####

pooltchr
03-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Dick,
Had he allowed inspectors in all along, and complied with the UN resolutions, I would tend to agree. The fact that he stonewalled them for so long, possibly to buy time to move/hide whatever he had, tells me he brought the whole mess upon himself. If he knew GW's intentions, he could have averted the entire war, simply by cooperating. He didn't. He forced GW's hand, and now we have a mess on our hands. I think it is Saddam's fault, not GW's. It's not that hard to figure out, although there are some on this board who can't quite seem to admit that Saddam brought it on himself.
Steve

eg8r
03-30-2006, 08:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No! (see how easy it is to answer a question?)
I also don't agree with the lies thay you continuously repeat over and over on this forum. You are no different from those who blindly believe in Bush...you're just blindly believing what the other side tells you. <hr /></blockquote> All arguments aside this is a perfectly honest response. I also do not agree with any lies, from anyone.

eg8r

eg8r
03-30-2006, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle, there was no "simple" answer to that question,and you were limited to picking one of his answers to his question??? <hr /></blockquote> This is no different than any of those surveys that get you guys all hot and bothered but you don't mind the results from them.

eg8r

Cueless Joey
03-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Why didn't we just bomb him until he gave in or utnil his government was so weak, he'd get toppled over?
Certainly an all-out land offense and taking over this HUUUUUGE country with so many terroristic neighboring countries has been a disaster.

Gayle in MD
03-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Well, why not list them once and a while, since you think that the things I post are lies, instead of just answering with insults.

"People who attack the messenger, usually do so because they can't refute the message."

Let me say this much, without you're usual bashing, if you will.

Sooner or later, we would have to have dealt with Saddam. That's a given. This was not the time. My opinion, from everything I have read, is that Bush was single minded. His narrow minded, persistent, unwavering obsession with Saddam, blinded him... (and Cheney, also, who shared his views) into going off half cocked. He should have been totally focussed on bin Laden, improving and increasing technological surveillence, and zeroing in on four things.

Infiltrating Terror Cells here and around the world.

Securing and surveillance of our borders, and other security issues....first responders, shipping containers, infrastructures, illegal aliens, and transportation security.

Building alliances with Nations, and

securing their committment to work together against terrorism.

Having gone to war at the wrong time, in the wrong way, with the wrong person, he has only weakened us, created and emboldened more enemies, and terrorists, (Allies are important)run up tremendous debt, (Money is power) and lost the confidence not only of many Americans, but of the world.
On a global level, we had many issues which were emerging and should have been dealt with in ways which would have protected us from being in a position of weakness in dealing with countries like China, Iran, Russia, and others. But to disregard the advice of those who knew much more than he and his elite neocon Billionaire-former CEO's and political buddies, inexperienced as they truly were on issues of warfare, was nothing less than bullheaded arrogance. The only one in his rhelm who knew anything, was Powell, and he wouldn't listen to him!

There is no "other side" as far as I'm concerned. There is only America, and what is best for the country. George Bush, has not been good for this country, in any way I know of, and has demonstrated imcompetence, and poor judgement throughout his tenure. Out troops have paid the dearest and most irreversable price for his bullheaded, misguided decisions. Had he gone in there and done a half-way decent job of running this war, even after lying about the necessity of it, I would still be angry for his incompetence, and his arrogant, puffed up gaul to operate this poorly, and then have the audacity to break our laws, and thumb his nose at our Constitution, and the laws of this country.

Those who don't give a damn about it, can take their politically correct attitudes against those of us who feel responsible to speak out about it, and shove em you know where, as far as I'm concerned.

It isn't about one side or the other, it is about our country.

Gayle in Md.
Proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

Gayle in MD
03-30-2006, 12:16 PM
BULLS&amp;&amp;T !!!! Nobody forced George Bush to do anything. He did what he wanted to do all along. The inspectors were there, finding nothing, telling the world they found nothing, saying they didn't think there was anything there. Others reported that all WMD's had been destroyed on the last go round. Even Saddam's son, who had left, reported how and when he destroyed them. The shelf life on biological weapons is only three months. The laboratories were defunct. Bush told the inspectors to get out. He wouldn't wait! WHY??? Because he had decided to go to war before he ever got into office, and used 9/11 as a bogus excuse. Answer me one thing...how the hell can he get in front of the cameras and have the nerve to say.... "NO PRESIDENT WANTS TO GO TO WAR. WAR IS ALWAYS A LAST RESORT"

KNOWING DAMN WELL THAT WAR WITH IRAQ WAS HIS NUMBER ONE GOAL? We have the proof, now.

We have a mess on our hands because of George W. Bush, and even the neocons think so, the same ones who were all for this in the beginning. Do you ever read anything?

Gayle in Md.

He is a liar.

He should be impeached and thrown in jail for the rest of his life.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
03-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, atleast there are some of us here who understand that. We are not alone in our thinking, either. There are always choices, obviously, Bush made the wrong ones. The current results have already proven that to over half the people in this country who say that going to war with Iraq was a mistake....64 to 68 % think so. Even if Iraqis end up with living in Shangrala, which obviously isn't very likely according to present conditions there, there can be no doubt that this administration has lied to us, and shown nothing but incompetence throughout their tenure, everything from expanding debt, to failing to respond to emergencies, to waging war, and breaking our laws. The worst administration to ever lead this country. I'd turn this mess in for a clandestine blow job anyday!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
03-30-2006, 01:31 PM
" I second that emotion "

Cueless Joey
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
Would there be a chance for prosecuting him after he's out of the office?
The way he has destroyed the republican party, I would think, the dems will be a majority in the next electiion.
One thing for sure about the war, most of it's supporters were in the assumption we would destroy Saddam's regime then be out of there in months.
Not freakin' forever.

eg8r
03-31-2006, 05:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle:</font><hr> blah blah blah [ QUOTE ]
" I second that emotion " <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Misery loves company. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-31-2006, 06:36 AM
Well, the evidence is mounting, and frankly the Dems have irritated me as much as Bush lately, the way they have soft peddled the issues of the many laws broken by this administration, and their expanding executive powers far beyond what the Constitution intended regarding checks and balances. The evidence is there, and unrefutable, he has broken the law. The FISA law was to be the EXCLUSIVE last word on surveillance, and this should be brought out in the open. When one discusses such issues, with Congressmen and Senators, a suspicion emerges of a lurking desire to look the other way, for future Democratic exploitation of the same status quo, which this administration has so eagerly built for unchecked presidential powers, and the destruction of Constitutional las, which infringe on all our rights. Their defense for inaction is framed around their reminder that they hold only a minority number with which to fight the law breaking. This is the reason why it is so unfortunate that many man of the street type republicans fail to understand that it is their own rights, as citizens, as much as a democrat's rights, which have been erroded.

While he isn't the first president to use war time, and fear to mask his law breaking, he must be stopped. Republicans need only to imagine how they will feel in the future when Hilliary enjoys the same powers, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fortunately, some of the laws which Bush has broken do have unlimited Statutes Of Limitation. But, often, the resistence of going after war time presidents supercedes the publics desire to push for immediate action, and elected officials tend to drag their feet, ever in mind of their coming elections.

It will be difficult to overcome the Bush FEAR machine, in the public arena, but the Supreme Court has already ruled on some of his law breaking desires, saying that war time does not give the President a blank check to break the law.

The people of power in this country are organizing for a real public debate on these matters, and the censure is the first step in forcing the issue. That's why it is so important to go to the websites of our representatives, and support Feingold's resolution.

Gayle in Md.

moblsv
03-31-2006, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> the way they have soft peddled the issues of the many laws broken by this administration, and their expanding executive powers far beyond what the Constitution intended regarding checks and balances.<hr /></blockquote>

Even though I now consider myself a Democrat, since anything is better than the status quo, my fear is that Bush is setting a precedence and the dems will walk through the doors opened by Bush and abuse thier powers as well.

This abuse of power can not be accepted, period. No matter who is in power.

eg8r
03-31-2006, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When one discusses such issues, with Congressmen and Senators, a suspicion emerges of a lurking desire to look the other way, for future Democratic exploitation of the same status quo, which this administration has so eagerly built for unchecked presidential powers, and the destruction of Constitutional las, which infringe on all our rights. <hr /></blockquote> Something to ponder, is that they (not just Dems or Reps but all) are quiet because they have abused this power themselves in the past. W is not the first President to wiretap in this fashion, it has been done before. If I remember correctly Carter is guilty himself.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-31-2006, 04:57 PM
That is a very important point. The hearing today was very interesting. It will be repeated tonight on C-Span, 8:30, I think. The worst display of ignorance, and rude behavior was by Linsey Graham, R. South Carolina. What a total jerk! Hatch was a close second. I saw the first hearing, and Gonzales completely stone-walled, wouldn't answer any questions. We basically have a situation where this president, only obeys the laws he wants to, won't answer any questions. Nobody involved with him answers questions. Republicans won't voter to investigate him, so he does whatever he wants to do. The way he's is going with the wire taps now, is he can (Or could be) wire tapping any of us, reading our mail, breaking into our homes, whatever he wants, and not answer to anyone, all he has to do is claim national security, which is what he does when he doesn't want to answer questions.

The game ther republicans play, is to keep stating that the president needs to be able to wire tap terrorists, HELLO...
Nobody is stopping him from doing that, and never has anyone suggested that. The FISA law is only about wire tapping Americans, with their feet on the ground of the USA, so if he was doing the right thing, why did he hide it, and why won't Bush or Gonzales agree to answer any questions at all about it.....I think, with his history in the honesty department, we know the answer to that one!

Gayle in Md.

Senator Grahm is a Primo Jerk!!!

DebraLiStarr
03-31-2006, 06:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> That is a very important point. The hearing today was very interesting. It will be repeated tonight on C-Span, 8:30, I think. The worst display of ignorance, and rude behavior was by Linsey Graham, R. South Carolina. What a total jerk! Hatch was a close second. I saw the first hearing, and Gonzales completely stone-walled, wouldn't answer any questions. We basically have a situation where this president, only obeys the laws he wants to, won't answer any questions. Nobody involved with him answers questions. Republicans won't voter to investigate him, so he does whatever he wants to do. The way he's is going with the wire taps now, is he can (Or could be) wire tapping any of us, reading our mail, breaking into our homes, whatever he wants, and not answer to anyone, all he has to do is claim national security, which is what he does when he doesn't want to answer questions.

The game ther republicans play, is to keep stating that the president needs to be able to wire tap terrorists, HELLO...
Nobody is stopping him from doing that, and never has anyone suggested that. The FISA law is only about wire tapping Americans, with their feet on the ground of the USA, so if he was doing the right thing, why did he hide it, and why won't Bush or Gonzales agree to answer any questions at all about it.....I think, with his history in the honesty department, we know the answer to that one!

Gayle in Md.

Senator Grahm is a Primo Jerk!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,
Pardon mois for going back to 1917 and Woodrow Wilson again, but the Espionage Act of 1917 and the Sedition Act of 1918 caused the same uproar as this BS that they are pulling with The Patriot Act. Despite what it is for, its unconstitutional - that is why the Sedition Act and The Espionage Act were repealed in 1921.

Espionage act of 1917 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage_Act_of_1917)

Sedition Act of 1918 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedition_Act_of_1918)

This is a concise history of these acts, and it also compares these acts to what we are going through today. The only reason they did it is because they seem to believe that they are above The Constitution - and they violated Constitutional Rights every time they spied on citizens. Its that simple, yet they will spend millions of dollars to form a committee to study what happened for 2 years and their results will more than likely be inconclusive.

Debra Li

Wazoodust
04-21-2006, 04:19 PM
She did...."neither"

Samson
04-22-2006, 07:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Nobody forced George Bush to do anything. He did what he wanted to do all along......He is a liar. He should be impeached and thrown in jail for the rest of his life.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Ya know Galye, I appreciate your passion, but wonder why it is directed at Bush in particular. I mean if I had to summarize all that you've said, I'd say that four little words could do quite well:

"HE IS A LIAR!!"

OK, already, I get it, but the reality is that that I could accuse practically every elected official saying: "nobody forced ANY POLITICIAN to do anything. They did what they wanted to do all along......They are all liars. They should all be impeached and thrown in jail for the rest of their lives."

This is more than a little unrealistic.

The mantra "BUSH LIED, BUSH LIED, BUSH LIED" is like repeating "There's NO SANTA CLAUSE, There's NO SANTA CLAUSE, There's NO SANTA CLAUSE!"

I hope the DNC, or whichever source you cut and pasted your "original" post from has a better plan in 2008 than this.

Sid_Vicious
04-22-2006, 08:03 AM
"I hope the DNC, or whichever source you cut and pasted your "original" post from has a better plan in 2008 than this."

It has a whole lot more merit than the GOP's cantation during the presidential debates, "He's a liberal, he's a liberal!" Serious issues were avoided with that BS back them, so calling Bush on the mountain of lies, resulting in American deaths and financial destruction, is a damn good replacement...sid

Samson
04-24-2006, 07:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> calling Bush on the mountain of lies, resulting in American deaths and financial destruction, is a damn good replacement.<hr /></blockquote>

Well, there's no doubt that Bush will be replaced, regardless of whatever yammering may take place about "Lies" regardless of their justification.

My point is not to defend Bush, but to hope that ANY candidate can show substance and intelligence....simply pointing out the faults of a lame duck administration, and claiming these are worse than being a "liberal" is hardly what I'd qualify as a "damn good replacement."

Gayle in MD
04-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Just FYI, I didn't cut and paste anything. When I quote a source, you'll know it, the quotation marks will be there, or bold type.

Ya know Galye, I appreciate your passion, but wonder why it is directed at Bush in particular. That's easy, he's calling the shots. Who do you blame for this mess, Clinton's BJ? I mean if I had to summarize all that you've said, I'd say that four little words could do quite well:

"HE IS A LIAR!!"

You post your way, and I'll post mine. Nothing could be more irresponsible than to make a choice to read something, and then chastise the writter for your having made the choice to read what was written.

OK, already, I get it, but the reality is that that I could accuse practically every elected official saying: "nobody forced ANY POLITICIAN to do anything. They did what they wanted to do all along......They are all liars. They should all be impeached and thrown in jail for the rest of their lives."

This is more than a little unrealistic.

You have changed my meaning, then proceeded to tell me that your own meaning is unrealistic. You're the one blaming all politicians, not me, I'm blaming the man who was calling the shots from the start, George Bush, the President of the United States, and Commander. Trying to make a point about what others have done in the past, has nothing to do with our present circumstances. WE are over five years into this administration, and our circumstances are due to his policies, and his policies alone. Those who preceeded him had enough sense not to occupy Iraq. IMO, history will prove that they had much better judgement than the idiot in charge at the present.

The mantra "BUSH LIED, BUSH LIED, BUSH LIED" is like repeating "There's NO SANTA CLAUSE, There's NO SANTA CLAUSE, There's NO SANTA CLAUSE!"

If you weren't interested in hearing "Bush Lied" then why the hell did you decide to read this thread in the first place? Just wanted an opportunity to take the time to read something you're tired of reading, and then blame the writter because you chose to read it? Kind of childish, and irresponsible, don't you think, but then, you're still stuck on "No Santa Clause" The title of this thread was, "More Bush Lies" you knew what it was about before you got into the thread. Be responsible for what you chose to read without whining over having read it.

I hope the DNC, or whichever source you cut and pasted your "original" post from has a better plan in 2008 than this.

My words, ...

The DNC, Little Rascals, The Three Stooges, anyone could do a better job than this bunch...

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Didn't Vote For George Bush!

Sid_Vicious
04-24-2006, 08:44 AM
"The DNC, Little Rascals, The Three Stooges, anyone could do a better job than this bunch..."

Forgot Heckle &amp; Jeckle Gayle...sid

Deeman3
04-24-2006, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I'd turn this mess in for a clandestine blow job anyday!

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Gayle,

Please stop requesting this. It is getting Wolfdancer all hot and bothered. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman

Gayle in MD
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Just Wolfdancer, huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in MD
04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif