PDA

View Full Version : To d0wnt0wn,

Tom_In_Cincy
07-04-2002, 09:04 AM
From d0wnt0wn, replying to my post about stroke length for follow thru.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
basically I will take from your posts that you either have no idea what the correct amount of follow is or you are just too ignorent to know when to admit that you were wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

d0wnt0wn,

Last year when you were showing your butt on this forum, I swore I would never reply to any of your posts, ever. Recently I thought you were changing your attitude and started to post decent replies and original posts. Now, I see you are just the way you were last year.

I am amazed and saddened that you continue to waste your time with this forum. I really thought you were making improvements in joining CCB and its posters.

I am also amazed that you waste your time replying to the likes of me that "have no idea" or "is too ignorant know what I am talking about".

I am going to continue ignore you like I did last year.

I do not associate with the likes of you and your insults.
You've had too many chances, in my book, for me to waste any more time on you or your replies.

07-04-2002, 09:42 AM
is that a yes???? you have no idea what the correct amount of follow is???

07-04-2002, 10:35 AM
tom, i've made the same observation as you. a lot of people here did not have the pleasure of dealing with the gentleman last time around. i don't know what it is about the net that causes some people to adopt attitudes that they wouldn't dare try in person. last couple of days as i've watched this evolve, all i could think was "he's back!"

happy 4th to all.

dan

JimS
07-04-2002, 10:54 AM
I tend to stay away from troublemakers. No matter where I encounter them. The instant they reveal themselves to be a troublemaker I'm outa there. Life is too short to have to put up with contrary crap. Period.

stickman
07-04-2002, 11:27 AM
HDJ, since you've chimed in, I guess I will as well. I've restrained myself long enough. downtown, call us a clique if you like, but the fact is that most of us try to get along and show respect for each other, even in disagreement. You are one rude, know-it-all sort of fellow. If you were as smart as you seem to think you are, you would know there is more than one way to skin a cat. Amongst the top pros there are several styles, not one. You totally reject ideas that differ from your own, and insult the people that have these ideas. I have seen good information from you. Unfortunately, the information sometimes gets lost in the presentation. If you think that acting like a big shot will impress people here, you are mistaken. Most of us are impressed with those who are considerate of others.

07-04-2002, 12:55 PM
I was wrong once before... I thought I had made a mistake

07-04-2002, 12:56 PM
what makes you think im not like this in real life?

07-04-2002, 01:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> what makes you think im not like this in real life? <hr></blockquote>

you're still breathing.

dan

07-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Oh God Dan! I'm rolling on the floor, tears are streaming down my face, the dog is looking at me funny.......

cheesemouse
07-04-2002, 03:03 PM
Dan,
Good shot!!!!!!!!

07-04-2002, 03:24 PM
It would take a bigger better man than you to make me shut my mouth dan

Tom_In_Cincy
07-04-2002, 04:39 PM
HDJ
When there is trash in the house, it doesn't take much effort to get rid of it. Maybe the trash will take the hints or even the direct method and remove himself.

He stated that he has a friend with a poster of the WPBA women.. I seriously doubt that if he acts the way he does here, out in public, he doesn't have any friends.

07-04-2002, 05:24 PM
call me all the names you want Tom but when are you going to admit that you still dont know what you are talking about

07-04-2002, 09:36 PM
I think for now on if we see one of his posts we should ignore it. Obviously this guy is trying to stir up things. Why play childish games? Let's just keep things goin the way they have been by having a good time and ignoring the rude and iconsiderate people who take for granted our somewhat sense of friendship on this board.

john bastian in pa

07-05-2002, 03:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> From d0wnt0wn, replying to my post about stroke length for follow thru.

Quote:
basically I will take from your posts that you either have no idea what the correct amount of follow is or you are just too ignorent to know when to admit that you were wrong.

I swore I would never ...

I thought you were changing ...

I see you are just the way ...

I am amazed and saddened I really thought you were ... joining CCB ...

I am also amazed that ...

I am going to continue ...

I do not associate with ...

You've had too many chances ...

<hr></blockquote>

You got a problem ...

Wally_in_Cincy
07-05-2002, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> call me all the names you want Tom but when are you going to admit that you still dont know what you are talking about <hr></blockquote>

Ken, I know at least 2 things.

1. Tom KNOWS what he's talking about.

2. You would not be stupid enough to act like this if you were face-to-face with any of the CCBer's.

Now go ahead and call me whatever you wish. Just don't expect a response.

07-05-2002, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: d0wnt0wn:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; call me all the names you want Tom but when are you going to admit that you still dont know what you are talking about &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Ken, I know at least 2 things.

1. Tom KNOWS what he's talking about.

2. You would not be stupid enough to act like this if you were face-to-face with any of the CCBer's.

<hr></blockquote>

you assume too much... about both points.

07-05-2002, 11:03 AM
sorry Dad

Tom_In_Cincy
07-05-2002, 08:13 PM
Jim, you are correct.. ignoring him is the best way to handle the situation..

CarolNYC
07-06-2002, 05:29 AM
Well, Dan is a bigger and better man than you,so maybe you'll take it from a female-either be considerate and respectful to fellow pool enthusiasts on this board or dont post at all!In another post, you requested an autograph, got insulted and then called the person "childish!"Hmmmmm, nice,disgusted and then a namecaller-very odd!So, next time your sitting on the toilet reading "How to play pool", pay someone 50 bucks to take your picture,sign it and hand them out to FANS! See how proud you'd feel!
Carol

jjinfla
07-06-2002, 10:29 AM
Now Carol if the girls did do as you suggested then the posters would sell like hot cakes. I think you all need a good time out. I can't tell the good guys from the bad guys anymore. You all seem to blend together. Jake

07-06-2002, 12:11 PM
you sure your on the right thread carol???? oh ya I remember you now.. your the girl that kept on blaming your crappy pool playing on all the stress the world trade center collapse caused you.. and you kep wanting everyone here to feel sorry for you because you live in NY.

07-06-2002, 12:14 PM
lol JJ youre one to talk... dont make me post that private msg you sent me tellin me how old fran looks and that shirley temple pic shes used to handing out.... dont play both sides of the fence dude

jjinfla
07-06-2002, 01:40 PM
I still think Downtown and doomsday are one and the same. But you are the master of shark tactics. The sultan of baiting techniques. I'll bet no one can concentrate when they are playing you. LOL. Did your buddy really pay fifteen dollars plus six for shipping for that poster? jjj~~~I'm a palm tree - when the wind blows one way I bend that way; when it blows the other way, I bend that way.

07-06-2002, 06:06 PM
no he bought it in vegas

jjinfla
07-06-2002, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> no he bought it in vegas <hr></blockquote>
My condolences to him. Completely lacking in taste. The man needs help. Jake

07-07-2002, 02:42 AM
he thought he was supporting womens pool.... he now will not make that mistake again

CarolNYC
07-07-2002, 03:13 AM
Im sorry,Downtown, but I think you have pity confused with sorrow/fear,which is easily turned into happiness/strength!I do not know your circumstances, but I hope your future days will be peaceful/happy ones. And as Jake says, for all I know, you could probably be on the cover of playgirl!:)
Carol

jjinfla
07-07-2002, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> he thought he was supporting womens pool.... he now will not make that mistake again <hr></blockquote>

Isn't it amazing how the pros keep shooting themselves in the foot? They want the attention, but when they get it they get upset. Just like when I PAID to go see a Charlie tournament and then was told don't bother the fri#### primadona pros. So that will be the last time I will give them any of my money. Who needs them? Pete Rose can't get in the HOF because he gambled, yet it seems gambling is a requirement for pool players. Jake

cheesemouse
07-07-2002, 10:38 AM
jjinfla,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Isn't it amazing how the pros keep shooting themselves in the foot? They want the attention, but when they get it they get upset. Just like when I PAID to go see a Charlie tournament and then was told don't bother the fri#### primadona pros. So that will be the last time I will give them any of my money. Who needs them? <hr></blockquote>

As far as your decision not to support the pro pool players I think you should reconsider and as in all other sports we clear the playing field and let them do their jobs with out hindrance from a fan. After all you can't walk out to the mound and ask the pitcher questions. As fans we are assigned to the seats (some better than others) where we watch and enjoy the pro's ply their stock in trade. It's their job and they want to be allowed to proform at the top of their game. Before and after events is the time for fans to meet and greet the pro players....JMHO /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

07-07-2002, 10:57 AM
ummmm ok..... cookooo cookoooo

jjinfla
07-07-2002, 02:52 PM
Ever get box seats at a baseball game? Back in my college days we would go to Wrigley and get 1st base box seats just to heckle Pete Rose. But it was all in good fun and he gave back more than he got. How about basketball when the guy takes a freeshot. What's with all those towels being waved in his eyes? Or at any event when the whole house gets up in arms at the opposing team? Like when the quarterback has to call timeout because he can't hear himself think. If a fan can't get involved in the game then there is no point in going to the game. He can sit home and watch it on TV. Jake~~~the Reds usually would spot the Cubs a half dozen runs and still win, in spite of us.

07-07-2002, 06:29 PM
Howdy JJ,

Dude you need to get over the bad experience you had with the pros. I'm sure that hacked you off really bad but I think we shouold support them cause they're all we got,

Sincerely,
Wally in da Natty

07-07-2002, 07:03 PM
Dearest Ken Brown,

Well you have sunken to the depth of a snake's belly in a wagon rut and your audacity has reached the
heights of the formerly standing twin towers. How dare you talk to Carol like that? IIRC she has a brother
in FDNY and she spent that morning wondering whether he was still alive. Personally I played a league
match on Sept. 13 and lost 3-0 to a Mexican. After watching the horror on the news for 60 hours my eyes
could not focus through the tears. I cannot imagine being a New Yorker and dealing with that insanity right
in your neighborhood. Someday we will meet you little bitch and you're not gonna like what you see.
You're a big man behind the keyboard.

Sincerely,
Your buddy-Wally in the Natti

07-07-2002, 07:11 PM
lol anytime freak

07-07-2002, 07:12 PM
wally you need to mind your own business

07-07-2002, 08:10 PM
Well that was certainly a lucid and well thought reply. Care to try again?

07-07-2002, 08:22 PM
Well I will give you kudos for not name-dropping this time around. You know the "I had dinner last night with Jennifer Chen" or "Paul Potier is my buddy" crap. So why were you not playing this year with Glen Hopkinson and Stan Torangeau. They got tired of your addytood? You need to do some soul searching my friend. I'll predict your response "It's just the internet, it doesn't matter" Well Ken, it does matter.

out

07-07-2002, 08:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally:</font><hr> Well I will give you kudos for not name-dropping this time around. You know the "I had dinner last night with Jennifer Chen" or "Paul Potier is my buddy" crap. <hr></blockquote>

man this crap is from a year ago... have I really been on your mind this long???? you a stalker wally??

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally:</font><hr> So why were you not playing this year with Glen Hopkinson and Stan Torangeau. They got tired of your addytood? <hr></blockquote>

Glen and Stan are both masters, I am not, Stan only plays on stacked teams and Glen wanted to be a part of that this year.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally:</font><hr> You need to do some soul searching my friend.<hr></blockquote>

nothing there to look for.
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally:</font><hr>
I'll predict your response "It's just the internet, it doesn't matter" Well Ken, it does matter.

out <hr></blockquote>

I'm sorry that the internet is such a big part of your life... maybe if you spent more time playing and less time typing youd be better than a D

07-07-2002, 08:59 PM
man this crap is from a year ago... have I really been on your mind this long???? you a stalker wally??

----------------------------------------------------------

No, but your blather tends to leave an indelible imprint.
================================================== =========

So why were you not playing this year with Glen Hopkinson and Stan Torangeau. They got tired of your addytood? ------------------------------------------------

Glen and Stan are both masters, I am not, Stan only plays on stacked teams and Glen wanted to be a part of that this year.
--------------------------------------------------

OK that's a perfectectly reasonable explanation.
------------------------------------------------- You need to do some soul searching my friend.
---------------------
nothing there to look for.
-----------------------------------So you have no soul?-------------------------
I'll predict your response "It's just the internet, it doesn't matter" Well Ken, it does matter. ----------------------------------I'm sorry that the internet is such a big part of your life... maybe if you spent more time playing and less time typing youd be better than a D
-----------------------------------------------------

Well Ken, actually I'm a C. Sometimes I practice until I want to vomit. Any pool skill I have comes from hard work, not natural talent but thank you for caring.

jjinfla
07-08-2002, 04:54 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: WallyindaNatty:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Howdy JJ,

Dude you need to get over the bad experience you had with the pros. I'm sure that hacked you off really bad but I think we shouold support them cause they're all we got,
Sincerely,
Wally in da Natty &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Wally, If everyone had a philosophy like that America wouldn't be the great country it is. In other words you want us all to give up and just be happy with what they give us. Nonsense. I have just switched my interest more to playing rather than watching. In this area the new Kingsbay tournament has about 100 players, all probably better than I will ever be, and noneof them will ever make it to pro level, but a lot of them now compete in our local tournament and I am finding that if I don't self destruct I can beat some of them. Competing with players slightly above my level is very fullfilling and self satisfying and enjoyable. Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
07-08-2002, 06:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: jjinfla:</font><hr> I have just switched my interest more to playing rather than watching. <hr></blockquote>

I must agree, playing is definitely more fun than watching.

cheesemouse
07-08-2002, 06:11 AM
jjinfla,
I would never advocate not playing in any event. But if the 'big dogs' are in town and I'm not playing I'm watching. Never miss an opportunitly to learn something about the game. Even if it's that you don't like prima donnas.

07-08-2002, 09:31 AM
why would someone waste there time going to support people that look at you as a gate receipt rather than a fan.

07-08-2002, 10:37 AM
You say that you lost to a Mexican as if losing to a Mexican is something to be ashamed of. Did I read that right?

07-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Im not sure what he meant by that either... I would have said i lost a match to someone.. Im not sure what race has to do with this conversation..... funny how wally attacked my morals... I think he should take a long hard look at his own.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Howdy Jimmy,

My post was not very well written. Perhaps because I was typing under the influence.

No offense was intended. I apologize if that's the way it came across. What I meant to convey was this: The guy was brand new to the league and spoke no English, consequently he was not familiar with the strategies involved in the APA style of play or the rules. I should have beaten him due to his lack of experience, not because he was Hispanic.

We now have many Latin players in the league and we all get along fine. The problems I usually see come from the rednecks, not the Hispanics /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Sincerely,

9 Ball Girl
07-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Atta girl! That's my Carol!

CarolNYC
07-08-2002, 03:21 PM
Wally,
That was very kind of you,but just let it go! Forgive him for he knows not what he says!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
07-08-2002, 03:25 PM
See you at our pool hall Lady!
Have a great day!
Carol~"we're still banging,never lost POWER!"

07-08-2002, 03:33 PM
ummm carol what part of his message was kind????

Barbara
07-08-2002, 05:44 PM
Wally, chill dude! Remember who you're dealing with. Don't go to that level. Just let it go. I thought about replying but then realized I would be adding fuel to the fire with what I wanted to say.

Remember Wally, this is a guy who stated last year that he didn't see any big-boobed blondes in Vegas. Now what does that say to you?

Barbara~~~knows CinNYC can handle her own...

TomBrooklyn
07-08-2002, 06:07 PM
I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but now I just want to say that I'm not going to reply either, also.

07-08-2002, 06:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr>
Remember Wally, this is a guy who stated last year that he didn't see any big-boobed blondes in Vegas. Now what does that say to you?

Barbara~~~knows CinNYC can handle her own... <hr></blockquote>

hey what can I say Barbara thats how you were described to me "just look for the blonde ref with the big boobs"

07-08-2002, 06:39 PM
well im not going to reply to your non reply

jjinfla
07-08-2002, 07:03 PM
This is better than the Seinfeld show. LO Jake

Vagabond
07-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Wally Sir,
I am a red neck and proud of it.I resent your comment,Wally Sir.
Vagabond

07-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Sorry Vag, but you will never be a redneck. You lack the necessary lack of culture, and all too often, lack of manners! I guess you'll just have to content yourself with Southern Gentleman! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

MaineEAck
07-08-2002, 07:30 PM
I have stayed away from this post for a while... But I need to say what I am thinking now.
Everyone said they are done replying to his messages, well you all reply when he says something you don't like in this thread. I think this should be the last post in this thread. No one reply to this message, if you agree with me, or disagree, feel free to send me a PM, but how bad does this thread look to someone who is thinking about joining the CCB family?
Just let it go, and do not reply to another one of his messages, we have problems like this in our pool hall, if you ignore him forever, I promise he will stop, one reply will make him feel better, so just stop it all now.
Sorry, I just had to say this, and try to stop the madness..
Jordan- a kid who is seeing a lot of childish behavior