PDA

View Full Version : opinons on lucasi LE-40...?

meterpai
03-31-2006, 03:17 AM
i just purchased one online and it's coming in a few days. i've tried a few of the cheaper lucasi cues and they were, in my opinion, solid hitting. so what do you guys think about the quality, fit and finish, and of course how it hits. let me know. thanks.

Greg in VA
03-31-2006, 05:34 AM
I have 2........ A LLE-3 and a jump-break. The only complaint I have is I have had both cues have their wraps begin to unravel. However I had a LLE-1 for over a year using it as a break cue and then sold it to one of my playing buddies.... He has owned it for 3 years now with no trouble at all. He LOVES it. He is the type to switch cues constantly but has never picked up one of his old cues since I sold him the Lucasi.
As to the hit...... I really like the jump/break cue hit, but I did change out the weight bolt.
My LLE-3 hit is VERY different than stock due to the Preadator shaft I put on it, so my opinion will not matter to you.

bsmutz
03-31-2006, 10:32 AM
I predict you'll be very happy with it. I have a couple of Lucasis as well. No problems with the wraps on either one. I've seen and do own one cue that have a much looser feeling wrap than the Lucasis. I think the fit and finish of the joints and inlays were excellent as well. The only thing I didn't like was the bolt holding the rubber bumper on the end being screwed into the weight bolt. I decided I like it best without the weight bolt and just press fitted the bumper back in the hole. One night I was playing with my wife and when I came around the end of the table, I caught the end of the cue on the pocket and scraped the bumper off without noticing. Later, my wife pulled it out of the pocket and said, "What's this?". Before I could answer, she dropped it back in and it fell through the leather mesh and into a hole at the top of the leg. So now my rubber bumper is somewhere down inside the leg of the pool table to be retrieved only in the event of a complete teardown, lol. The hit is pretty nice, too.

bluey2king
03-31-2006, 12:22 PM
You will love it a Great Value I have had several Lucasi's I have two and my wife has two. I love the Uni-Loc joint makes it easy to swap shafts. I picked up one a LE-46 on ebay with a Predator 314 I gave the cue to the wife I kept the 314!!(her cues were stolen along with her car!)
Its not a collectors cue but a Excellent Value!

meterpai
03-31-2006, 07:52 PM
thanks for the feed back. i'm looking forward for it to come in! how long does ups groun usually take from gameroomusa? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bsmutz
04-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Let's just say it's faster than Pony Express would have been.