PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart cues

dave
04-01-2006, 09:06 AM
We have a guy named Al on our eight ball league team. He's 93 years old and still active and competitive! He's a very popular character and everyone respects and admires him. Playing pool each week is one of the things that keeps him going. Well, I couple of weeks ago some ass**** STOLE his cue. Al was very upset and on the verge of quiting because of his disappointment. Well, Jerry Eick of Blackheart cues took it upon himself to make a custom cue for Al to replace the one that was lost, AND got it completed in a very short period of time, at that. It was given to Al this past Thursday night and he was overjoyed. I only mention this story so that you know what kind of person you are dealing with when you deal with Blackheart cues. Thanks again Jerry!

Pizza Bob
04-01-2006, 01:20 PM
That's a class act. Thumbs waaaaaaay up Jerry!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

dave
04-01-2006, 01:36 PM
I failed to make it clear that this was a gift and an example of Blackheart's generosity.

Rich R.
04-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Jerry has always been very generous with both his knowledge and his services. He has been an extremely valuable friend to the CCB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
04-01-2006, 09:19 PM
dave...JER is a great guy, and a great cuemaker! Hope Al keeps playing for years to come! It's likely that he has an even better cue now, than the one that was stolen! Please say hi to Mr. Eick from me!

Scott

cueball1950
04-01-2006, 09:39 PM
well i am not 93 yet but my life long ambition has been to own 1 of his cues. now if i could only get the money together i would order a plain 4 point cue from Jer. and then i can play until i die happy. i just hope he is still making them then...................................mike

Billy
04-01-2006, 10:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> That's a class act. Thumbs waaaaaaay up Jerry!

Adios,

Pizza Bob <hr /></blockquote>

yes a very classy move

what goes around comes around

thank you Mr Eick for a job well done

jmo

TimFXF
04-01-2006, 11:38 PM
God bless Al... And here's to Jerry!!! And to the Ass**** that made off with Al's cue - In the words of John Lennon, "Instant Karma's gonna get you!"

BLACKHEART
04-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Thank you all, for your kind words. I donate 3 Qs a year to good causes &amp; this was especially close to me. The Q that was stollen, was one that I had GIVEN to him, about 10 years ago. You see Al is my hero &amp; I'll tell you the story. Al has always loved to dance &amp; when he was 80 yrs old he had a 35 yr old girlfriend. They would go out danceing &amp; partying every weekend. The gals EX- boy friend (also 35), took exception to this. One night at a bar he sucker punched Al about 5-6 times. Al's nose was broke &amp; he spent 2 days in the hospital. It took Al about a month, before he came back to pool league &amp; when he did, there was the EX. It was the last match of the night &amp; sure enough the two of them got matched up. Al said "I"ll PLAY HIM, BUT IF HE SAYS ONE WORD TO ME, I'M GONNA DECK HIM". Al walked to the table &amp; the guy called him a name &amp; Al knocked him out with one punch. HE'S MY HERO...JER

Billy
04-02-2006, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> ... Al walked to the table &amp; the guy called him a name &amp; Al knocked him out with one punch...JER <hr /></blockquote>

it took a while but finally got Al's cue though

jmo

nAz
04-03-2006, 08:38 AM
That is just so cool!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Snapshot9
04-03-2006, 10:56 AM
I love it! What a cool guy! And thanks Blackheart for the story, you're pretty cool yourself!

Brad
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM
That's a great story, and just as great a gesture on your part Jer.

chas1022
04-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Thats a very nice thing to do for someone.

DickLeonard
04-05-2006, 06:43 AM
Dave poolplayers never get the credit they deserve for their good deeds. We only get credit for our misdeeds.

This happened to me, I put an exhibition on at Sea Pines Plantation at Hilton Head Island around 1970, every thing was comp. I was having lunch with the manager on my last day there and he said to me you had two beers. Yes I replied and he said again you had two beers,I gave him a blank look and he said you don't understand do you, if you were a golfer and you were comped the first thing they do is order a bottle of Whisky,Rye,Bourban,Scotch,Brandy,Champagne and then leave taking it with them. Any time you want to comeback just give me a call.####

dave
04-05-2006, 07:26 AM
..." poolplayers never get the credit they deserve for their good deeds. We only get credit for our misdeeds. #### "

That was one of the reasons I chose to post the story. Thanks Dick.