PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE HELL HAS MY COUNTRY COME TO?

HarryDC
04-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Updated: 05:06 PM EST
U.S. Flag Banned Amid Racial Tensions

LONGMONT, Colo. (April 1) - Dozens of high school students protested a temporary school policy forbidding students from displaying the U.S. flag - as well as flags from other countries - amid racial tensions following immigration rallies.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/AMERICAN_FLAG.jpg

Skyline High School Principal Tom Stumpf said American flags were brazenly waved in the faces of Hispanic students and in one case a Mexican flag was thrown into the face of another student.

"When it involves the American flag and its abuse in vilifying other people, we simply will not tolerate it," Stumpf said. "They were using the symbol derisively as misguided patriotism."

Students were warned about the policy Friday and several were suspended, although Stumpf would not provide details. Then, about 100 students protested during lunch time.

Student Dustin Carlson told Denver station KCNC-TV that he was suspended for two days.

"I'm getting suspended for it and personally I think that's uncalled for," he said. "If this country means freedom, then why can't we fly our own flag? It's ridiculous."

Thousands of high school students Friday in California, Texas, Nevada and other states protested the tough immigration laws proposed in the House. Some waved Mexican flags and carried signs saying "We are not criminals."

On Monday, about 150 high school students, including some from Skyline, protested in Longmont.

"People are taking it to a whole other level," said Laura Avitia. "I don't think they know why we were protesting."

04/01/06 04:49 EST AP

This is an insult to me and all Americans. Our school children being punished for the display of the flag.
Even more of an insult to my grandfathers buddies who displayed this flag.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/Gremlin711/FLAG_1ST_RAISING.jpg
Four days after the Iwo Jima landing, weary marines of the third platoon picked their way up Mount Suribachi. Their mission: to raise the first flag on the summit of the squat extinct volcano.

Marine photographer Louis R. Lowery asked them to pause, while under rifle fire and hand gerenades from Japanese SNLF (special naval landing force, Japanese Marines), to show the flag, so that he could record their historic journey to the top.

Fog all illegal aliens. Round them up and send them to where ever they came from. What part of illegal don't they understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

PS I have all the photos of the first and second flag raisings on Iwo Jima if anyone is interested real patriots.
The kids are patriots too!

pooltchr
04-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Tap Tap Tap!!!
If this country is so much better than the one you came from that you are willing to break the law to get here, why isn't it good enough to become a citizen legally, and become an American? If you want to live here, fine. Do it legally, learn OUR language, and OBEY our laws. If you don't respect this country enough to do that, then STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for banning the display of our flag, if it happened to me, I would fight it all the way to the Supreme Court! Tell me I can't fly our flag, and you will have a fight on your hands!
Steve

Drop1
04-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Not allowing students to use the flag is a violation of the forth amendment of the Constitution:the right of free expression. The Chinese went through a lot of trouble to build a great wall,and it didn't work. We are going through a lot of trouble to build a great wall,and its not going to work either. My favorite picture is of the young man in front of the tank in China. Some things won't die no matter who dies. You ask, what the hell is your Country coming to,and I say it is becoming America.

HarryDC
04-01-2006, 07:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Tap Tap Tap!!!
If this country is so much better than the one you came from that you are willing to break the law to get here, why isn't it good enough to become a citizen legally, and become an American? If you want to live here, fine. Do it legally, learn OUR language, and OBEY our laws. If you don't respect this country enough to do that, then STAY THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for banning the display of our flag, if it happened to me, I would fight it all the way to the Supreme Court! Tell me I can't fly our flag, and you will have a fight on your hands!
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr

"Tap, TAP, TAP" /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Rich R.
04-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Harry, I know we don't always agree, but I have to agree with you on this point.

moblsv
04-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I certainly agree with your sentiment.

It also sounds like the kids using the flags derisively for taunting are misguided and being disrespectful to the flag and its meaning. (based on the limited information available)

I think a better solution would be handling the individual incidents with the usual school policies regarding bullying and violence along with some history lessons and some education on proper respect for the flag and it's meaning.

The good news is that it looks like many of the kids understand what is wrong with the policy. At least I hope they understand and are protesting for the right reasons.

[ QUOTE ]
What part of illegal don't they understand.<hr /></blockquote>
I second that motion

hondo
04-03-2006, 11:56 AM
What if Iraquis were waving their flag at
our soldiers &amp; telling them to go home?
Who would you support?
That being said, I'm as sick of illegal immigrants
as these kids are.

Deeman3
04-03-2006, 12:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> What if Iraquis were waving their flag at
Who would you support? <font color="blue"> The Iraqis, I'd pack up and come home immediately. </font color>
as these kids are. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> But Hondo, this is exactly what the left wingers have asked for in making everything PC to the exclusion of American values while standing up and filing suit for everyone who does not hold those same values. Tolerence of everything except America's traditional values.

No accountabilty in schools, no expectations of behaviour standards, pushing prayer and patriotism out of the classroom and you get what you planned for. Turning minorities into "victims" until they can't do anything without a government handout, promoting to next grade level by quota, openness to every concept, nobody is really wrong, just misunderstood.

There are core groups of the left that are sitting by giving at least passive acceptance to N.A.M.B.l.A., suppoting judges who turn child molesters out without jail time.

Now we are deciding if it's o.k. to marry another person of the same sex, is it o.k. to marry several women, is it o.k. to marry a sheep. For God's sake, why is anyone surprised at the camel's nose starting to creep into another tent.

If I cut an infidel's head off, I'll be called a freedom fighter, if I slap a Iraqi prisoner, I'm a person worse than Hitler.

So, now it's o.k. to carry the Mexican flag around but not the Stars and Stripes?</font color>

Deeman

HarryDC
04-03-2006, 05:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> What if Iraquis were waving their flag at
Who would you support? <font color="blue"> The Iraqis, I'd pack up and come home immediately. </font color>
as these kids are. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> But Hondo, this is exactly what the left wingers have asked for in making everything PC to the exclusion of American values while standing up and filing suit for everyone who does not hold those same values. Tolerence of everything except America's traditional values.

No accountabilty in schools, no expectations of behaviour standards, pushing prayer and patriotism out of the classroom and you get what you planned for. Turning minorities into "victims" until they can't do anything without a government handout, promoting to next grade level by quota, openness to every concept, nobody is really wrong, just misunderstood.

There are core groups of the left that are sitting by giving at least passive acceptance to N.A.M.B.l.A., suppoting judges who turn child molesters out without jail time.

Now we are deciding if it's o.k. to marry another person of the same sex, is it o.k. to marry several women, is it o.k. to marry a sheep. For God's sake, why is anyone surprised at the camel's nose starting to creep into another tent.

If I cut an infidel's head off, I'll be called a freedom fighter, if I slap a Iraqi prisoner, I'm a person worse than Hitler.

So, now it's o.k. to carry the Mexican flag around but not the Stars and Stripes?</font color>

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote>

Deeman,

"TAP, TAP, TAP"

You have the routine down to a tee. It's fine for a sick doper to beat and rob his mother, a psychotic criminal to sneak up on a senior citizen and attack him from behind, a real hero, and a drunken senator to kill his girlfriend by running his car off a bridge into tidal water.

There is no such person as an illegal citizen. Illegal aliens are not citizens of the United States. There should be no amnesty for illegal aliens because they are criminals

Illegal aliens are not immigrants. Immigrants are those persons who are legally following the process of immigration.

Drop1
04-03-2006, 07:58 PM
You know,I would like to see every illegal in the country thrown out,because legal immigrants don't work in agriculture,they work in manufacturing,in hospitals,in schools,in law offices,but they don't cut lettice for $6.00 dollars an hour,and they dont pick carrots six days a week for ten hours a day,and they never will. So when this great wave of young willing White American citizens burst upon the fields to do the work, arm in arm singing "This Land Belongs To You And Me" do you think it will be for $6.00 an hour? What do you think food is going to cost,when the illegals are gone? I hope you are making $40.00 an hour,because no guest worker program is going to work,if it is not a path to citizenship. Now for the good news, thirty percent of produce consumed in the U.S. during the Winter comes from Mexico. The biggest private employer in Mexico is WalMart,the biggest supplier of poultry is Tyson,the second largest builder is an American firm. Americans,that retire in Mexico,can get free medicine,and free medical care. I'm not going to say the quality is as good as in the States,but one million Americans,are retired in Mexico,and can take advantage of what is offered. They can also travel anywhere in Mexico at half price,when they become sixty. Did I mention the biggest chain of home improvement stores,is Home Depot. Back to illegal immigrants,they won't be around for long,so ask for that raise in pay today.

Qtec
04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a temporary school policy forbidding students from displaying the U.S. flag - as well as flags from other countries - amid racial tensions following immigration rallies.
<hr /></blockquote>

Is it a crime to wave a Mexican flag?

Q

pooltchr
04-04-2006, 05:42 AM
No, it isn't a crime to wave the Mexican flag, nor is it a crime to wave the American flag.

The problem is that given the issues surrounding illegal immigration, this kind of activity is perceived as an "in your face" taunting, designed to provoke a response. It did!
The majority of Americans have no ill will towards Mexicans. The do have a problem with ILLEGAL aliens from any country. The feeling is that if you wish to come to this country to build a better life, just do it legally. And if you are going to come here, be willing to accept our laws, learn our language, and become a productive member of this society.
I have no problem with someone maintaining ties to their heritage, but most of the problems in our country come from the divisiveness and fragmatism caused by others trying to force their cultural beliefs on the rest of us.
We have Mexican-Americans, Italian-Americans, African-Americans, and countless other segments. This creates an "us against them" mentality that is breaking the country apart. Until every LEGAL citizen understands that we are all just American, the things that make this country so great are going to slowly disappear.
If you want to be in America, be an American. If you want to be a BLANK-American, then go back to BLANK!
Steve

pooltchr
04-04-2006, 05:50 AM
No, it isn't a crime to wave the Mexican flag, nor is it a crime to wave the American flag.

The problem is that given the issues surrounding illegal immigration, this kind of activity is perceived as an "in your face" taunting, designed to provoke a response. It did!
The majority of Americans have no ill will towards Mexicans. The do have a problem with ILLEGAL aliens from any country. The feeling is that if you wish to come to this country to build a better life, just do it legally. And if you are going to come here, be willing to accept our laws, learn our language, and become a productive member of this society.
I have no problem with someone maintaining ties to their heritage, but most of the problems in our country come from the divisiveness and fragmatism caused by others trying to force their cultural beliefs on the rest of us.
We have Mexican-Americans, Italian-Americans, African-Americans, and countless other segments. This creates an "us against them" mentality that is breaking the country apart. Until every LEGAL citizen understands that we are all just American, the things that make this country so great are going to slowly disappear.
If you want to be in America, be an American. If you want to be a BLANK-American, then go back to BLANK!
Steve

pooltchr
04-04-2006, 05:50 AM

Steve

Gayle in MD
04-04-2006, 06:01 AM
For the life of me, I don't understand why you lay these extreme examples at the foot of democrats...

This is why I have said all along, I am not extreme right or left, and I don't think most of us, in either party, is at the extreme.

I thought it was the mormans who wanted more than one wife.

How do you know the political affiliations of various fudges? IMO, any judge who would let a child offender off the hook should be disbarred. Anyone who would hurt a child, in any way, should never get out of jail, as far as I am concerned.

As for gays, I still don't understand how it hurts married people for gay people to be able to marry, unless they are homophobic to start with. I have several gay friends, and also a few gay cousins in my family, as they seem to me to be among the kindest people around, totally non violent, creative and loving. What's your grudge against gays all about?

As for prayer in the schools, who cares. One would think that the schoolhouse is the only available place for kids to pray. Organized religion is responsible for most of the wars that have ever been fought. Why can't religious people partake in their religious beliefs without imposing them on all those around them? The Constitution insures freedom of religion, and the freedom and right to no religion. What part of that do you not understand? Parents can shove all the religious dogma they want down the throats od their kids every evening of the week, and all weekend long, what's the big deal about two minutes every morning in a classroom? Take a look at the catholic church, plenty of child molesters there. Look at the great preacher Tom Delay, every one of his aids is on their way to jail, and he's right in the middle of the one of the biggest bribe scandel we've ever seen. You lay everything the ACLU doesn at the foot of liberal democrats all the time, and I don't think that is fair. I'd like to know your definition of liberal. I can tell you a few things it is not. It isn't the party that is for torture, or pre-emptive war, or blaming 9/11 on gays and abortionists, or using religion to mask its corruption on the hill, or persecuting all those who have different view points, or launching slanderous attacks against its opposition, or breaking our laws, such as FISA, or sucking up to wealthy arab oil cartels, or robbing the poor to give to the rich. But, you want to focus on a few prayers and one or two judges?

I am outraged to have to watch Mexican young people in the streets, flying the American Flag upside down, and the Mexican flag above it. On C-Span, in the mornings, the callers who are the most outraged about the illegals, and want the toughest legislation, call on the democratic line. This is one of the problems, those who represent us, are not always representative of their voters, but don't forget, your president has been completely absent of any attention toward this illegal immigration problem, and he is the biggest supporter of amnesty type legislation, call it illegal worker program, but we all know it's amnesty. And Ronald Reagen was the first one to start all this amnesty BS. Here's my question, why can't the right, respect our laws and our Constitution?

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
04-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi Gayle the "Mexicans" waving the American flag upside down are all second or third generation American citizens.I don't think there is an illegal in the bunch. What they are doing is a protected form of expression. The really ironic part,is, in the real world these are the most prejudice bigoted group of people,with feelings of inferiority that have roots in the illegal heritage of their parents,or grand parents. Legal Mexican Immigrants are the most abusive to the illegals of any other group. Regarding the Right,I think its a defect found on the gene for kindness,that prevents them understanding "We The People",as central to Liberty. Some how in the delayed synapsis,it becomes"We The Born Again Christian Right," are central to the formation of a government,with God as our President. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
04-04-2006, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> For the life of me, I don't understand why you lay these extreme examples at the foot of democrats... <font color="blue"> Gayle, because that's where all the liberal policy came from. If you don't know or admit that, you don't read or watch as closely as you say you do. What upsets most is that the liberal policy agenda sets us up for all this and then, the left disowns their past actions and says, "It's not me!"</font color>

This is why I have said all along, I am not extreme right or left, and I don't think most of us, in either party, is at the extreme. <font color="blue"> BS </font color>

I thought it was the mormans who wanted more than one wife. <font color="blue">The Mormans, the Islamics, and once it's o.k. for anyone to marry anyone, how do you stop it? Gay is o.k. but plural wives is somehow wrong? </font color>

How do you know the political affiliations of various fudges? <font color="blue"> Their political party behind their title. </font color> IMO, any judge who would let a child offender off the hook should be disbarred. Anyone who would hurt a child, in any way, should never get out of jail, as far as I am concerned. <font color="blue"> Where was this outrage during the times Oreilly was pointing this out? I didn't hear it then from you. Oh! You don't cathc Fox and the liberal media didn't bother to cover it, I see.</font color>

As for gays, I still don't understand how it hurts married people for gay people to be able to marry, unless they are homophobic to start with. I have several gay friends, and also a few gay cousins in my family, as they seem to me to be among the kindest people around, totally non violent, creative and loving. What's your grudge against gays all about? <font color="blue"> I have no grudge against gays. I also have them in my family as most do. That does not mean I want them to have the marriage rights of a normal couple. I know that this is the first step to normalizing ALL types of marriage. I'm not even that against it. I just know the moral fabric is being torn and their are consequences for everything. </font color>

As for prayer in the schools, who cares. <font color="blue"> The ACLU cares or they would not be filing suit against prayer in school. </font color> One would think that the schoolhouse is the only available place for kids to pray. Organized religion is responsible for most of the wars that have ever been fought. Why can't religious people partake in their religious beliefs without imposing them on all those around them? The Constitution insures freedom of religion, and the freedom and right to no religion. What part of that do you not understand? <font color="blue"> I think I understand it pretty well. What will it be next to make you world entirely secular? Take down the crosses at all miliary cemetaries? Ban fish on the back of cars? Stop searing in people with a Bible? Stop paryers before ball games? How can a person with a heartfelt prayer harm an athest? </font color> Parents can shove all the religious dogma they want down the throats od their kids every evening of the week, and all weekend long, what's the big deal about two minutes every morning in a classroom? <font color="blue"> It is the idea of freedom to do so.</font color> Take a look at the catholic church, plenty of child molesters there. Look at the great preacher Tom Delay, every one of his aids is on their way to jail, and he's right in the middle of the one of the biggest bribe scandel we've ever seen. <font color="blue"> You are saying that Tom Delay is an ordained minister. i guess I don't read as much as you do.</font color> You lay everything the ACLU doesn at the foot of liberal democrats all the time, and I don't think that is fair. I'd like to know your definition of liberal. I can tell you a few things it is not. It isn't the party that is for torture, or pre-emptive war, or blaming 9/11 on gays and abortionists, or using religion to mask its corruption on the hill, or persecuting all those who have different view points, or launching slanderous attacks against its opposition, or breaking our laws, such as FISA, or sucking up to wealthy arab oil cartels, or robbing the poor to give to the rich. But, you want to focus on a few prayers and one or two judges? <font color="blue">No, Gayle, there's a lot more to focus on than the things I listed. They are just part of the problem. Bush is a part of the problem but was a necessary evil to get some things accomplished. Now that they are, we can sit back and plan for the future. You think you are the only one who does not like everything Bush does. Some of us hate these things as well but are willing to accpet less than perfect rather then the worse choice you and your group present us. </font color>

I am outraged to have to watch Mexican young people in the streets, flying the American Flag upside down, and the Mexican flag above it. <font color="blue"> I am warmed by your outrage. </font color> On C-Span, in the mornings, the callers who are the most outraged about the illegals, and want the toughest legislation, call on the democratic line. This is one of the problems, those who represent us, are not always representative of their voters, but don't forget, your president has been completely absent of any attention toward this illegal immigration problem, and he is the biggest supporter of amnesty type legislation, call it illegal worker program, but we all know it's amnesty. And Ronald Reagen was the first one to start all this amnesty BS. Here's my question, why can't the right, respect our laws and our Constitution? <font color="blue"> Why should we? The left never has...and you know this...If it was a democrat in office, you'd give him a pass...at least admit that..I admitted GWB was not a nice guy.. </font color>

Deeman

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
No, I wouldn't give anybody a pass. If that were true, then why have I changed my political affiliation a number of times in my life. There are things about both parties I don't like. Decisions made by Democrats, that make me mad as hell, like this whole amnesty thing, I am totally disconnected to their point of view about it. But, It WAS Reagan that opened up this whole amnesty thing in the first place, he did it, and now look what we have. It didn't work, and was only an invitation for more to come.

Tell you the truth, I think of myself as right and left. Here's what I would do....hold on to your seat.

Anyone who sexually abused a child would automatically spend the rest of his life in prison, and face the death penalty if there is DNA proof.

Any parent who abused their child would face the death penalty, any kind of proven abuse.

Anyone who hired an illegal would have to pay all the back taxes that weren't payed, all the families unpaid hospital bills, and the cost for their education, and that of their family during their illegal stay here.

Build a fense, and use drones to gaurd our borders, north and south. Anyone who crosses illegally, takes the risk of getting shot down.

Make illegal entry into this country a felony.

Implement a system which disbarred any judge, right or left, who gave probation to anyone who turned around and re-committed the same crime.

Make impeachment proceedings automatic whenever there is question that a president has failed to protect our laws and our Constitution, regardless of which party has the majority.

Implement public funded campaign reform.

Put a Chapel in every school for the use of anyone who wishes to use it.

Never send any troops to fight a war, anywhere, or for any reason, without a draft.

Implement taxes for churches and religious organizations.

Do away with lobbying, completely. Force the damn Congressmen and Senators to study the problems we face as a nation, and make their decisions accordingly. No lobbying allowed, just statistics.

Hell, maybe I am a radical, lol, but I am sick to death of crooked politicians, and lyers in the White House. What's the point in having laws, if the president goes around them? We have immigration laws, rules of war, Constitutional protections of our privacy, why is it that this administration constantly ignores them???? And why is it that middle class people always pay the brunt of the raw deals that are perpetrated on society?
And, yes, gay is OK, but plural wives is agianst the law. I do not believe that gay people have a choice in their sexual orientation. I think they are born that way.

My friend, if you watch Fox news, you are watching a propaganda news channel. Can you admit that? If you think that democrats are soft on child abuse, you are quite wrong. There are poor decisions made by judges everyday, IMO, from the right and the left, can you admit that?

Bill O'Reilly, is a hypocrit, and a liar, can you admit that?

Can't wait for you answers....

Love,
Gayle in Md.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
04-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Tap Tap Tap...I agree...

I'll tell ya, I have all kinds of friends, everything from High school drop outs, to intellectuals with Dr. before their names, Republicans, Democrats, and Independents, gays, druggies, and non druggies, but I cannot abide the born again types. They are the most judgemental hyopocrites in the world, and their outlook on any issue seems to always be totally unrealistic!

WE have laws, we need to start respecting them. WE have a country that insures separation of church and state, which was to be a perfect and complet e separation. (Organized religion, IMO, presents the biggest threat to our country, and the world. It is the breeding ground of WAR. Just look at the Middle East!

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
04-04-2006, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> No, I wouldn't give anybody a pass. If that were true, then why have I changed my political affiliation a number of times in my life. <font color="blue"> I would not use the word flip flop here but some of the republicans might. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color> There are things about both parties I don't like. Decisions made by Democrats, that make me mad as hell, like this whole amnesty thing, I am totally disconnected to their point of view about it. But, It WAS Reagan that opened up this whole amnesty thing in the first place, he did it, and now look what we have. It didn't work, and was only an invitation for more to come. <font color="blue">Well, there you go again, Gayle (Reagan Impression) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Reagan did do this. it was not the start of the problem but it was the start of the republican part of the problem.</font color>

Tell you the truth, I think of myself as right and left. Here's what I would do....hold on to your seat.

Anyone who sexually abused a child would automatically spend the rest of his life in prison, and face the death penalty if there is DNA proof. <font color="blue"> I agree, but the difference is, I always have... </font color>

Any parent who abused their child would face the death penalty, any kind of proven abuse. <font color="blue"> Yep, this is Biblical. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif</font color>

Anyone who hired an illegal would have to pay all the back taxes that weren't payed, all the families unpaid hospital bills, and the cost for their education, and that of their family during their illegal stay here. <font color="blue"> Yes, I'll vote for that but, of course, the courts would throw this out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif</font color>

Build a fense, and use drones to gaurd our borders, north and south. Anyone who crosses illegally, takes the risk of getting shot down. <font color="blue"> Hey, i got the guns and the plane for this. Meet me in San Jose... </font color>

Make illegal entry into this country a felony. <font color="blue"> Agreed, now how do we get both our jellyfish parties to do this? </font color>

Implement a system which disbarred any judge, right or left, who gave probation to anyone who turned around and re-committed the same crime. <font color="blue"> Or better yet, let them serve out the guys time. </font color>

Make impeachment proceedings automatic whenever there is question that a president has failed to protect our laws and our Constitution, regardless of which party has the majority. <font color="blue"> Yes, let's do that now. I beleive it would be a good move to see what can be actually proven, not just alleged. </font color>

Implement public funded campaign reform. <font color="blue"> I have always been for this, even check my little box each year, to no avail.</font color>

Put a Chapel in every school for the use of anyone who wishes to use it. <font color="blue"> Just a room, no external crosses, half moons or anything else. Let all faiths use it. Let atheists meditate in the bathroom. </font color>

Never send any troops to fight a war, anywhere, or for any reason, without a draft. <font color="blue"> I don't agree here. A drift would disportionally disadvantage the poor. Pay the volunteer army better but only let each President have one war. This is Bush's second. So we could still be negoiating with Saddam and on UN Proposition 2344. I'm cool with that. </font color>

Implement taxes for churches and religious organizations. <font color="blue"> And PBS, NPR, ACLU, etc.</font color>

Do away with lobbying, completely. Force the damn Congressmen and Senators to study the problems we face as a nation, and make their decisions accordingly. No lobbying allowed, just statistics. <font color="blue"> Yes, put a bounty on lobbists. </font color>

Hell, maybe I am a radical, lol, but I am sick to death of crooked politicians, and lyers in the White House. What's the point in having laws, if the president goes around them? We have immigration laws, rules of war, Constitutional protections of our privacy, why is it that this administration constantly ignores them???? And why is it that middle class people always pay the brunt of the raw deals that are perpetrated on society?
And, yes, gay is OK, but plural wives is agianst the law. I do not believe that gay people have a choice in their sexual orientation. <font color="blue"> Yes, but will plural marriages be outlawed for long under the equal protection clause if gay marriage is o.k. I don't think civil libertarians can get around that. </font color> I think they are born that way. <font color="blue"> I was born wanting multiple women but can just handle one at a time. Some men (and women) might be able to handle more. It's thier lifestyle, so it should have equal protection.</font color>

My friend, if you watch Fox news, you are watching a propaganda news channel. Can you admit that? <font color="blue"> Yes, as much so as NPR is a propagandist broadcast. However, discrimination will tell you what to consume and what to reject. </font color> If you think that democrats are soft on child abuse, you are quite wrong. <font color="blue">See what the democrats did when given a chance to oust these judges, the republicans, by a vast majority, voted to get rid of them. </font color> There are poor decisions made by judges everyday, IMO, from the right and the left, can you admit that? <font color="blue"> Yes, but most releases of child offenders and rapists are done by democratic judges, the Republicans do let off businesses from punishment more often but I'm more concerned about the rights of women and children. Rapist (proven) should be killed or castrated and child molesters ought to be delivered to my homeboys. </font color>

Bill O'Reilly, is a hypocrit, and a liar, can you admit that? <font color="blue"> Yes, in some cases, but much less so than some other journalists. He is mostly a new entertainment personality, and does a good job of seeing all sides. He was probably making unwelcome moves on that producer, a little too much Clinton in him. If this was true, she should never have settled and carried him to court but she bailed for money. Now we have to assume at least some innocence to him as she let him off the hook (if he was guilty). Rush did drugs and Kennedy killed a woman. I think we have to just know the public face of all these characters is not them. We would see some of the same from the left but, no one even watches them anymore. Can you find Air America on the dial? Can anyone name their starting lineup wiht out a google search? See what I mean....</font color>

Love,
Gayle in Md.

Love right back at ya,
Deeman
Gayle, my right wing buddy.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
04-04-2006, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But Hondo, this is exactly what the left wingers have asked for in making everything PC to the exclusion of American values while standing up and filing suit for everyone who does not hold those same values. Tolerence of everything except America's traditional values.

So, now it's o.k. to carry the Mexican flag around but not the Stars and Stripes <hr /></blockquote>

And here I thought I was just voting for Gore and Kerry, and voting against the anti-Christ.....
Good thing neither won...I don't think the neighbors would appreciate my sheep grazing on their lawn

Drop1
04-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Mormons do not believe in having more than one wife. They do believe a wife should be able to have a wife. Its kind of like the Immaculate Conception,in reality it has nothing to do with Jesus,and everything to do with the parents of the Virgin called Mary. Her conception is considered immaculate,because her parents felt no pleasure while copulating,at the time she was conceived. Peter,the first Bishop of Rome was married,as were thirty eight Popes. The whole idea of celebacy is a rather new burden going back to the thirteenth century,or there abouts. Just a side note on the Mormons.

Deeman3
04-04-2006, 01:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Mormons do not believe in having more than one wife. <font color="blue"> Mormons only came to this beleif after the practice was outlawed. Many sects of the Latter Day Saints still observe and practice Polygomy. </font color> They do believe a wife should be able to have a wife. <font color="blue"> and that the second wife can have a third and the third can have a forth. </font color> Its kind of like the Immaculate Conception,in reality it has nothing to do with Jesus,and everything to do with the parents of the Virgin called Mary. Her conception is considered immaculate,because her parents felt no pleasure while copulating,at the time she was conceived. <font color="blue">and all this time I thought the Immaculate Conception was because Mary was a Virgin. I really didn't know they explained the sexual gratification or non-gratification of Joseph and Mary in the New Testament. </font color> Peter,the first Bishop of Rome was married,as were thirty eight Popes. <font color="blue"> I think most of us are aware of this but fail to see the connection with Polygamy. </font color> The whole idea of celebacy is a rather new burden going back to the thirteenth century,or there abouts. <font color="blue"> and, respectfully, what has this got to do with having multiple wives? </font color> Just a side note on the Mormons. <font color="blue"> I have read Mr. Smith's additions to the Bible but missed the sexual parts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Yep,it can be intresting if a person wants to do a little investigating. There is no connection with the immaculate conception,and polygamy. I threw threw that in,because some posters are under the impression Mormons believe a man can marry more than one woman. Talk to Mormons,and talk to Catholics. The conception of John The Babtist,was also Immaculate,as well as that of Jeromiah. You can go to the Catholic Encyclopedia on line,and look up Immaculate Conception.

Gayle in MD
04-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Deeman...I don't get the connection between giving gays the right to marry, and multiple wives, but in either case, it is religious dogma which dictates, IOW, men of cloth, probably the most sexually deviant group of any, trying to dictate according to their personal (Public Opinions only, I might add) take on both issues, which probably came from their desires to be the only men who can screw other men, or boys, and also screw over women, ie multiple wives....at the same time.

BTW, there is no doubt that O'Reilley was guilty, there were tapes, for one thing, and also, Fox certainly wouldn't have spent a fortune to keep all of it out of court, unless the young woman had the goods on him. He's just another pious phoney, as far as I'm concerned, and every bit as rude as is the mark of a true righty.

Reagan started the problem with amnesty, which many experts agree was a green flag to the millions who came afterwards. Had he instead enforced the law, the huge problem we have now may never have gotten so far out of control. However, enforcing the law is not something that republicans are known for, hence, the legal community agrees that Bush has committed impeachable crimes, atleast all but his right wing cronies, Gonzales, for example, who is for torture.

No, I wouldn't give anybody a pass. If that were true, then why have I changed my political affiliation a number of times in my life. I would not use the word flip flop here but some of the republicans might. There are things about both parties I don't like. Decisions made by Democrats, that make me mad as hell, like this whole amnesty thing, I am totally disconnected to their point of view about it. But, It WAS Reagan that opened up this whole amnesty thing in the first place, he did it, and now look what we have. It didn't work, and was only an invitation for more to come. Well, there you go again, Gayle (Reagan Impression) Reagan did do this. it was not the start of the problem but it was the start of the republican part of the problem.

Anyone who sexually abused a child would automatically spend the rest of his life in prison, and face the death penalty if there is DNA proof. I agree, but the difference is, I always have... The difference? The difference between what? This has always been my opinion.

Any parent who abused their child would face the death penalty, any kind of proven abuse. Yep, this is Biblical. Biblical, how so?

Anyone who hired an illegal would have to pay all the back taxes that weren't payed, all the families unpaid hospital bills, and the cost for their education, and that of their family during their illegal stay here. Yes, I'll vote for that but, of course, the courts would throw this out. I agree, not only that, but too hard to enforce, however, there should be atleast a hefty fine.

Build a fense, and use drones to gaurd our borders, north and south. Anyone who crosses illegally, takes the risk of getting shot down. Hey, i got the guns and the plane for this. Meet me in San Jose... Will do, just bring your pool stick, I need all the lessons I can get.

Make illegal entry into this country a felony. Agreed, now how do we get both our jellyfish parties to do this? The same way we got them to cancel the Dubai deal, Public Outrage!

Implement a system which disbarred any judge, right or left, who gave probation to anyone who turned around and re-committed the same crime. Or better yet, let them serve out the guys time.

Make impeachment proceedings automatic whenever there is question that a president has failed to protect our laws and our Constitution, regardless of which party has the majority. Yes, let's do that now. I beleive it would be a good move to see what can be actually proven, not just alleged. See John Dean's book, "Worse Than Watergate" Good first one to read, however, there are many more which prove the illegal actions of the Bush Administration.

Implement public funded campaign reform. I have always been for this, even check my little box each year, to no avail.

Put a Chapel in every school for the use of anyone who wishes to use it. Just a room, no external crosses, half moons or anything else. Let all faiths use it. Let atheists meditate in the bathroom. As long as it isn't a Catholic school, or the alter boy's dressing room....which could be too dangerous for meditation, given all the perverts one would find there.

Never send any troops to fight a war, anywhere, or for any reason, without a draft. I don't agree here. A drift would disportionally disadvantage the poor. Pay the volunteer army better but only let each President have one war. This is Bush's second. So we could still be negoiating with Saddam and on UN Proposition 2344. I'm cool with that. How do you figure that a draft accross the board would disadvantage the poor? When a war is launched, those who vote for it should be required to send any and all of their own children who are elligable, no more college deferments, or cushy positions with the reserves. A public watch group should be formed to enforce it.

Implement taxes for churches and religious organizations. And PBS, NPR, ACLU, etc. There are not churches, they are non profit organizations. A quick look into the lifestyles of the Evangelists, and Pastors, etc., will prove that they are dipping into the money for the "POOR" quite regularly.

Do away with lobbying, completely. Force the damn Congressmen and Senators to study the problems we face as a nation, and make their decisions accordingly. No lobbying allowed, just statistics. Yes, put a bounty on lobbists. Good Idea! I'll definately go for that!

And, yes, gay is OK, but plural wives is agianst the law. I do not believe that gay people have a choice in their sexual orientation. Yes, but will plural marriages be outlawed for long under the equal protection clause if gay marriage is o.k. I don't think civil libertarians can get around that. I think they are born that way. I was born wanting multiple women but can just handle one at a time. Some men (and women) might be able to handle more. It's thier lifestyle, so it should have equal protection. I don't agree, nor do I see how or why these two issues would ber connected since marriage is for the most part an issue of economic responsibility, sexual exclusivity, and the disbursements of one's assests upon their death. Multiple partners within a marriages already come under matrimonial laws.

My friend, if you watch Fox news, you are watching a propaganda news channel. Can you admit that? Yes, as much so as NPR is a propagandist broadcast. However, discrimination will tell you what to consume and what to reject. If you think that democrats are soft on child abuse, you are quite wrong. See what the democrats did when given a chance to oust these judges, the republicans, by a vast majority, voted to get rid of them. Interesting, can you prove this? There are poor decisions made by judges everyday, IMO, from the right and the left, can you admit that? Yes, but most releases of child offenders and rapists are done by democratic judges, Again, show me the proof. the Republicans do let off businesses from punishment more often More often, I'd say as a rule of thumb, and something that hurts all of us, given that we all need air and clean water and safe drugs. but I'm more concerned about the rights of women and children. Rapist (proven) should be killed or castrated and child molesters ought to be delivered to my homeboys.

Bill O'Reilly, is a hypocrit, and a liar, can you admit that? Yes, in some cases, but much less so than some other journalists. He is mostly a new entertainment personality, and does a good job of seeing all sides. He was probably making unwelcome moves on that producer, a little too much Clinton in him. typical republican debating tool, when all else fails, go to the Clinton BJ! If this was true, she should never have settled and carried him to court but she bailed for money. Now we have to assume at least some innocence to him as she let him off the hook (if he was guilty). There is no question he was guilty, as I have stated, she had the evidence. Rush did drugs and Kennedy killed a woman. I think we have to just know the public face of all these characters is not them. We would see some of the same from the left but, no one even watches them anymore. Can you find Air America on the dial? Can anyone name their starting lineup wiht out a google search? See what I mean....
Given the current poll numbers, you might just want to tone down that republican rhetoric, "We have all the power" BS. I notice Tom Delay just quit the Senate, since he couldn't win, and also we have another republican pervert going down from our illustrious Department Of Homeland Security, which not only cannot protect us from terrorists, floods and hurricanes, but also cannot protect us from child preditors. My oh my, this grass roots religious party of yours certainly has produced plenty of perverts!

Love,
Gayle in Md.

Love right back at ya,
Deeman

Love and kisses from Maryland.... So proud I didn't vote for George Bush!

moblsv
04-05-2006, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr>because some posters are under the impression Mormons believe a man can marry more than one woman<hr /></blockquote>
OT, but since it is out there -

The Mormons did believe in polygamy at one time but gave it up in bargaining for statehood. Now mainstream mormonism does not include polygamy but the fundamentalist offshoots that get so much news do still practice polygamy as part of thier religion.

SpiderMan
04-05-2006, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Mormons do not believe in having more than one wife. <font color="blue"> Mormons only came to this beleif after the practice was outlawed. Many sects of the Latter Day Saints still observe and practice Polygomy. </font color> They do believe a wife should be able to have a wife. <font color="blue"> and that the second wife can have a third and the third can have a forth. </font color> Its kind of like the Immaculate Conception,in reality it has nothing to do with Jesus,and everything to do with the parents of the Virgin called Mary. Her conception is considered immaculate,because her parents felt no pleasure while copulating,at the time she was conceived. <font color="blue">and all this time I thought the Immaculate Conception was because Mary was a Virgin. I really didn't know they explained the sexual gratification or non-gratification of Joseph and Mary in the New Testament. </font color> Peter,the first Bishop of Rome was married,as were thirty eight Popes. <font color="blue"> I think most of us are aware of this but fail to see the connection with Polygamy. </font color> The whole idea of celebacy is a rather new burden going back to the thirteenth century,or there abouts. <font color="blue"> and, respectfully, what has this got to do with having multiple wives? </font color> Just a side note on the Mormons. <font color="blue"> I have read Mr. Smith's additions to the Bible but missed the sexual parts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Similar to most religions, it bends and sways as necessary to successfully recruit and stay in business. Wasn't it the Morman church that originally said Blacks could not be elders, then, after enough political pressure was applied to the earth-bound members, God sent a message that it was now OK?

SpiderMan

hondo
04-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Your description makes me wonder just what a "left
winger" is. Most liberals i know don't buy into all
that. Accountability in school- we now strictly teach
the test. Creativity &amp; thinking skills are gone. Happy?
How can you ban prayer in school? My kids pray every
time they forget about a test. We just don't make
Muslims, Hindus, &amp; buddhists stand up &amp; have to pray to
Jesus. Gay marriage? What's wrong with that? Maybe
gays will become more monogamous. Marry sheep? I'm
still thinking about that one. Oh ewe beautiful doll!

Deeman

<hr /></blockquote>

hondo
04-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I agree 100%.

There is no such person as an illegal citizen. Illegal aliens are not citizens of the United States. There should be no amnesty for illegal aliens because they are criminals

Illegal aliens are not immigrants. Immigrants are those persons who are legally following the process of immigration.

<hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I agree 100%.

<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

You know, many of us on this board have some pretty strong opinions on different subjects, and the discussions have at times gotten a little heated. But on this topic, it seems that we are all pretty much in agreement.
Why can't those idiots in Washington come to the same conclusion????????????????????????
Steve

hondo
04-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Your comments make sense to me, Hoss. Oh, wait a
minute. I forgot. I'm a liberal and that's not
what we're supposed to believe. Never mind.

Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
04-08-2006, 08:27 AM
The appropriate question may be, what does any of this have to do with Gay people being able to get married??? Absolutely nothing! And, what is it about gay people that so threatens religion, other than its customary addiction to overpopulation at a time when we are already overpopulated? What did Jesus say about gay people???

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
04-08-2006, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> What did Jesus say about gay people???

I am far from a biblical scholar, but I don't recall Jesus saying anything about gay people. I do know that in the Old Testiment, God called it an "abomination".
Steve

Gayle in MD
04-08-2006, 05:56 PM
I don't think Jesus ever said anything about it, either, not a scholar either, but I think I read that somewhere else.

So, then, do you think maybe God was homophobic???

Just thought I'd ask...

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
04-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Jesus said nothing about Gays. However if you accept the Old Testement,to be the Word of God,I refer you to Leviticus 20- 13 To para phrase "When one man layeth with another,and uses that man as he would a woman,the both shall be put to death." Not my sentiments,but I'm not God.

pooltchr
04-08-2006, 06:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I don't think Jesus ever said anything about it, either, not a scholar either, but I think I read that somewhere else.

So, then, do you think maybe God was homophobic???

Just thought I'd ask...

I'm not even going there. You've made it quite clear you don't believe the bible, so what's the point. You brought up the question...I answered it. Let it rest.
Steve

Gayle in MD
04-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Gee, "Uses that man as he would a woman..." wonder what that means....I mean, wonder what that means, exactly...

Well, anyway, jeeze, that's pretty harsh punishment, I mean really! Why would it be OK to kill people just because you didn't want them to pleasure one another....Now this is just a friendly little debate, but, to me, this makes no sense, and in fact, it is a good example of how all the heresay that men have written about God, does not at all fit with a merciful, loving, forgiving, embracing, all knowing entity....

Hey, we're all here to learn to forgive, right???

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
04-08-2006, 06:44 PM
As Keats said,"To error is human,to forgive is Divine"

pooltchr
04-09-2006, 05:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Gee, "Uses that man as he would a woman..." wonder what that means....I mean, wonder what that means, exactly... <font color="red"> You really don't need anyone to draw you a picture, do you? </font color>

Well, anyway, jeeze, that's pretty harsh punishment, I mean really! Why would it be OK to kill people just because you didn't want them to pleasure one another.... <font color="red"> Since the Bible has been translated and re-translated so often, the exact meaning has been altered. A literal translation from the Hebrew version would more closely be eternal separation from God. Sex is a gift from God to be enjoyed within the framework of marriage between a husband and wife...not outside of marriage, and not between "concenting adults", and not between two men, two women, a man and a sheep, a woman and a battery operated piece of plastic, or any other combination other than that for which it was intended. My personal beliefs may or may not fall into line, but that is what the Bible says. </font color> Now this is just a friendly little debate, but, to me, this makes no sense, and in fact, it is a good example of how all the heresay that men have written about God, does not at all fit with a merciful, loving, forgiving, embracing, all knowing entity....
<font color="red"> As a parent you can love your kids, but that doesn't mean you don't punish them. You also know that punishing your kids probably really does bother you more than it does them. You still lay down the rules, tell them what to expect if they break the rules, and then follow through if they do. We all make choices, and we all need to be ready to accept the consequences of those choices. </font color>

Hey, we're all here to learn to forgive, right???
<font color="red"> I can forgive OBL, but he still deserves to be punished for the things he has done. </font color>

Gayle in MD
04-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Well then, there won't be ANY men in heaven! There isn't a man on this earth who hasn't jerked off, no Priest, Bishop, Pope, Rabbi, or Reverend.

The Bible is the source of the philosophy of war, oppression, discrimination, murder, hate, you name it. I wouldn't live my life around what a bunch of MEN wrote thousands of years ago, anyway. It is just simply obvious to me, as a human being, that gay people are born gay, and even some animals are homosexual, and if you love someone, you want to be married to them, and make that committment, it is part of our culture. People who teach their children to abide by what is written in the Bible, do them a great dis-service, IMO. There is way way too much hate included in it.

I taught my daughter, and brothers-in-law, about religion, how many different kinds there are, how many different ways people think about God, and how much better your life is when you come out of love, and responsibility, rather than ignorance and hate. I taught them about consequences, and I taught them right from wrong in a day to day sense. I never punished them, I never had to. And I never brain washed them to think my way about anything, but to find their own point of view about things, and to find out what was important to them. They are all grown now, happy and successful in their lives. None of them go to church, and all of them are good hearted people, kind, thoughtful, and trustworthy.

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Didn't Vote For George Bush!

SpiderMan
04-10-2006, 02:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Well then, there won't be ANY men in heaven! There isn't a man on this earth who hasn't jerked off, no Priest, Bishop, Pope, Rabbi, or Reverend.<hr /></blockquote>

I once read a survey that said 95% of adult men admitted to masturbation (and the other 5% lied about it) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But in restricting the conversation to men, surely you don't mean the gender has cornered the market on self-gratification?

SpiderMan (does "it")

Drop1
04-10-2006, 06:50 PM
How did we get to jerking off? I thought we were talking about two guys with a tube of KY Jelly. Read further and you will find it is against the rules to nail your mother in law. The Bible is a flat plain out fraud,but the myth of Jesus as a reason for Faith is worse. Christian love is a joke,unless your're talking the Missionary position.

Gayle in MD
04-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Nope, not that only men do it, just that only males start when they're still in diapers, and then they (men) turn right around and blame everything on Eve!

I loved that old Seinfeld episode, when they had the bet about who could go the longest without masturbating. Too funny...

Gayle in Md...

Gayle in MD
04-10-2006, 07:28 PM
LOL...gee, wonder where the post police is, they're falling down on their jobs...

Well, all I can say about the bible, and Jesus, it's beyond me....I don't know, nobody knows, and I don't think about things I can't prove. From a spiritual standpoint, I have seen goodness, and I have seen evil, and psychologically speaking, I think it's obvious to those who have a consceince that goodness and kindness bring great rewards, and evil is self destructive. Unfortunately, not everyone seems to have one.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
04-10-2006, 08:14 PM
I think the post police are all jerkin off. Most people of Christian faith could dump the bible,and still have a conscience,that would cause them to do what is loving,and good,and help those in need. I don't think a cook book is needed. But for the people that find they need the Chef to be loved,and loving,and to know right from wrong,read your bible evey day.

9_Ball_Junky
04-11-2006, 03:57 AM
living in the southwest, where i deal with these "immigrants" or shall we say "border biscuits" as my acquaintances frequently say......i only have one statement. this is america. if you dont know english, learn it. if you dont learn it, GET THE F*CK OUT!

i am absolutely tired of going to work, and it doesnt seem to matter where, and the "new guy" is always some mexican who knows 3 words......."hi," "no," and "paycheck"

can i get a witness?