PDA

View Full Version : WPBA`s Pro Ramona Biddle opens an upscale pool ...

Vagabond
04-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Around 20 days ago Ramona Biddle opened an upscale pool room in the down town of Albuqueque,NM.I was there last night.It is a goregeous place.It is located on central Ave at 3rd street.A player by name Eduwardo...from Argentina is the house pro.
Tables are brand new Brunswick Gold Crowns with simonoes( Spelling) cloth.The room has one American Snooker table, 15 or 16 nine footers,4 bar boxes,lots of staff (very neatly dressed waiters & waitresses,neatly groomed bouncer at the entrance), lounge with nice couches,chairs.when u enter the room at first it looks like a very expensive Italian restaurant.Service was very good.
I wish all the success to Ramona for this venture.cheers

nAz
04-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Hey there Vagabond hows it hanging?
Off subject Gerda told me she went to see Ramona paly a violin recital last week in NYC. I was suprised to hear she still has time to play classical music.

dingle
04-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Ramona is a very nice lady and I wish her all the best. The house pro is Eduardo Roldan. He is from Argentina and has been around on the road for awhile. Last year he played in the BCA pro tournament in Vegas. Not sure how he did, but he played Ralph Souqet pretty strong in one of his matches.

I haven't been to Ramona's new place yet, but I hope to take a night and drag my wife to Abq. to check it out.

Vagabond
04-06-2006, 05:53 AM
I am doing fine on the road and my buisiness is doing OK.I was in corner pocket on lomas between eureka & wyoming in Albuquerque.An young guy approaches me for action.I told him that I do not have any money left and gave it away playing pool but I will play him if he gives me break and 10-6 in one pocket.He said well that is too much of a spot but he will give me 10-7.I said no and I wanted only 10-6 and break.Then he said Ok but steaks have to be raised to 30 $ a game.I said no. Later I told him that I can beat him even game in 9 ball,8 ball,one pocket but I am not a gambler.Who said that ``a sucker is born every minute``?see how funny it gets with gambling pool players and this dude fell for my trick.I make my living on the road in a different way but not from pool game.
By the way the violin playing pool player is Ramona Dokovich from NewYork.cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Vagabond
04-06-2006, 06:00 AM
The place is called CAROM CLUB.Tel # 505 242 1966.There is a web site also and I do not know the link. u can try www.carom club.com.

DickLeonard
04-06-2006, 06:07 AM
Vagabond and NAZ playing the violin and the pool cue are close to being the same instrument. They are both used to make beautiful music or sour notes. You can always tell by closing your eyes and just by listening to the music of the violin or cue.####

Vagabond
04-06-2006, 06:14 AM
I agree with your analogy

DickLeonard
04-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Vagabond I would like to say that was my idea but years ago in the room I was managing a pool detective said to me I can always tell when your playing well by the sound of your cue hitting the ball. In fact I can tell if it is you playing just by the sound of the cue striking the cueball.After that I would pay more attention to the sound of the cue hitting the cueball.####