PDA

View Full Version : Bar table cloth...

TimFXF
04-02-2006, 01:40 PM
In a moment of insanity, the owner of the gin mill that I play pool in has decided to replace the cloth on his Dynamo table. (Hell hath frozen over!) He asked me if what color he should replace it with. He's thinking standard green, blue or burgundy which would match one of the colors in the place. I know from my own table (Navy blue) that a dark color shows every speck of dust, lint, hair, not to mention evidence of the "occasional" miscue ...

Anyone have any insights or experience that I can relay back to him? The table gets a fairly good amount of use.

Rich R.
04-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I would go with the traditional green cloth.
But I'm old and I don't like change. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Billy_Bob
04-03-2006, 04:43 AM
Traditional green always. Never red or any weird color. With red cloth, it is difficult to see certain balls. People's shots will be off. Something about the balls standing out with some colors vs others. Also people want to use their own chalk. Most people do not have red chalk.

A bar around here installed red cloth. They lost a lot of business and switched back to green within 1 year due to all the complaints.

Also around here we have had good luck with Championship 3030 cloth. It is a faster cloth and it holds up well.