PDA

View Full Version : Snooker tables

mred477
04-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey all,

I'm back in school and have been playing a bit of snooker lately...enough that I'd like to look into buying a snooker table. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I don't have a budget as of yet, but I'd like to start working on convincing the wife that this is a necessary purchase /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks,
Will

bsmutz
04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
New snooker tables are pretty expensive and they take a lot of room. I love playing snooker also and went looking for a table a little over a year ago. I found an old 10' table for $900 that needed some TLC. My daughter was going to buy my pool table so I would have room for it. She decided not to after I had already bought the snooker table, so I had to go to plan B. This past summer I built a new garage on my property and then spent a month or so refurbishing the table. I finally got the panelling and insulation last weekend and should have the table ready to install in a couple of weeks. Your best bet is probably going to be finding a used one. I did find a 12' table when I was looking, but didn't really like the way it had been taken care of and it looked like it would be just a mediocre looking table when it was done. Plus the pockets are bigger on a 12' table. My advice would be to take your time and look around for awhile. You should be able to find something reasonable unless you live in a sparsely populated area. Check with pool table installers in your area as well (including shops that sell tables). They get deals on tables that people want to get rid of and don't want to take the time to try to sell it for what it is worth. That's where I ended up getting mine. Elderly lady whose husband had died wanted it out of the house and the local retailer bought it from her (or hauled it away for free, not sure which). As far as the wife is concerned, I sold myself first. I finally realized that some of my favorite moments in life had been spent on the pool table. I had been neglecting my game for a long time and would get my butt kicked whenever I played. My wife happens to be very supportive of my endeavors so it wasn't hard to convince her. It is something that we enjoy doing together now. I'm not sure if it would be as enjoyable for her playing snooker since it will be much harder for her. Should find out soon.

Alan Morris
04-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi there,

There are a few of the tables left available to order that are being used for the IBSF World Snooker Team Championships in San Jose, California, from August 16-26.

These are World Championship standard tables available for purchase at a heavily discounted price, plus transportation and installation.

More information can be found at:

http://www.snookerusa.com/2006ibsfworldsnookerteamchampionships/tables_offer.php

Best wishes.

Alan Morris.
Executive Director,
The United States Snooker Association.
E-mail: alanmorris@snookerusa.com

SnookerUSA.com - the Official Website of the United States Snooker Association
http://www.snookerusa.com/