PDA

View Full Version : mental preperation

glowworm
04-04-2006, 09:04 AM
When I'm playing I try to see the angle before I get down over it. Once I am down on the shot I don't stroke the cue until I see the angle again, then I take 2 or 3 practice stokes and hit it. Works for me!
What do the rest of you do to prepare for the shot at hand?

pooltchr
04-04-2006, 09:30 AM
I look at the angle and my alignment as I am standing. As I place my bridge hand on the table, I verify the angle and alignment. Once I am all the way down, I do not make any adjustments. If I REALLY don't like what I see, I come back up to verify.
Steve

randyg
04-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Ditto...I'm with Steve....randyg

slow_roller
04-05-2006, 03:40 PM
I try to do it the "right" way, but often have feel like I have to make some very small adjustments when down on the shot.

demondrew
04-08-2006, 10:38 AM
My preshot routine is to stand in line with the object ball, see the line, and a spot on the object ball. Then I stand behind the cue ball and visualize the point of impact. I then think of where I need to hit the cue (high, low, left...) I hold my cue on that line like a pointer and then get down on the shot. I check my impact point, adjust for where I will strike the cue ball. Take a few practice strokes pause at the front of my stroke pull back and follow through on my finish. If I don't feel comfortable at any point in my routine I start over, or at least I do when I'm playing well. When I'm not playing well, I get lazy, I try to make the adjustments while I'm over the cue ball and the results usually are bad.