PDA

View Full Version : New member, new table! Any thoughts on my choice?

ecalcagnino
04-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey there, I have bee lurking and learning for a while now. I have always wanted a table of my own and FINALLY was able to get one.

I just bought a new old stock Olhausen Vail for $1995 setup and delivered. I upgraded to Accu-Guard cloth for $150 more. Considering that this is a solid wood table and has the Olhausen warranty and all that, I consider this to be a pretty nice price. The new Olhausen laminates can approach that price with the new cloth and mine has the Accu-Fast cushions, too.

Anyway, I don't have any buyer's remorse or need anyone's blessing or anything like that. I would just like to get some opinions on the table.

Since it was discontinued I needed to call Olhausen to get some info. They related it most closely to the Santa Ana. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks very much, everyone. I look forward to becoming a contributing member someday!

Eric

Bumps
04-05-2006, 06:52 AM
I have a 4x8 Olhausen Remington and love it! Good luck!

ecalcagnino
04-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Cool, thanks. I was wondering if anyone had more specific info about this table like the woods available, etc. I *think* it's oak with a darker (cherry?) finish. I suck at figuring woods out. Any other specs that would be good to know about it?

Eric

Ohplayer
04-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Vail (http://www.billiardsandbarstools.com/vail.html)

ecalcagnino
04-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Yep, saw that, thanks. Unfortunately that's all the info I can find about the table and it's not much.

E