PDA

View Full Version : Sid, I need that sage advice of yours

Deeman3
04-04-2006, 05:55 PM
I won a small tournament at Battlefield in Troy, Frigginalabama on Saturday. It almost seemed rigged (for me to win). The winner, me, got only $300 and a nice trophy but it's the ease of the deal that has me concerned. It was King of the Hill type tournament. I drew next to last out of about 35 people and all I had to do was win a game or two to get a lap on the field (the guy in front me in the draw was a slug). The rest was to sit and wait for the rounds to end, then play the last guy standing for the money.

Anyway, the best player in Montgomery showed up and drew like the third to last position (third worse in the draw). Anyway, I knew he was the best player in Montgomery becuase he TOLD everybody that. Gee, anyhow, the day goes on and I end up winning without a sweat and not a lot of competition. The best player from Montogemery couldn't seem to win a game against anyone and yelled, "I lose a tournement where I am supposed to give everyone here the six and out." I promptly offered to take the six and out for the $300, race to nine but he backpettled and wanted the eight! Some adjustment. Huh? I finally offered to play him some one hole for the $100 a game even up but, alas, it was getting late and he had fish to catch in his hometown.

My guilty problem is that I have never gotten a good draw in my life. If it's me, Earl and five thousdand people who have never seen a cue, I'll draw Earl every blessed time. I always draw the monster players right up front, so much so I am used to it and like it somewhat that way.

Now, I played in a weak tournament where I should not have had a problem with the best players and I get a big break like this. Should I burn this money and the trophy (actually a quite nice trophy), should I just shut up and take my evil winnings and thank the pool Gods for at long last giving me a break or should I just give up pool to become a card player? This last thought because I'll never, ever be satisfied with any future draw I might receive.

Sid, if you can confuse what to do with a guy slinging air barrels and how your quiting a league might incite political upheaval, you can surely coucil me in the finer points of worry warting.

By the way, whoever told me to strap my cue case across the handlebars of my cruiser is a brilliant man, thanks. I wish I remembered who told me this.

Deeman
probably going back for more next Saturday...what a letdown to have to work for it this time.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

onepocketfanatic
04-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Your welcome.....it was me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Makes life easier with a small case across the bars and bungee cords. I used to do the same on my Valkyrie..alas I had to stop riding and sell the Valk. due to lower back problems.

sack316
04-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Dee, congrats on winning a hard fought day /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I had to fill in bartending on Saturday, otherwise I was planning on making it up there to at least watch.

Anyway, I can already venture an educated guess on the the mouth was. I'll just say it was Jason (if that was right, can I split that 300 with ya... and no I haven't talked to anyone round here yet, so I really don't know, just matching words with personalities there). Anyway, if it was him, come on and visit me and we'll hunt him down... I know him well and can get him hotheaded enough to give up the spot. Also next time I see you (while we're on that topic), don't forget to let me point out a guy named Steve to you... should be some easy pickings for ya.

Congrats again Mr. King Dee!

Sack

wolfdancer
04-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Them ill-gotten gains could be put to a good use.....donated to the "Hillary for President" campaign.....AND, you'll appreciate this....it's all tax deductable

Chopstick
04-05-2006, 05:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>

Sid, if you can confuse what to do with a guy slinging air barrels and how your quiting a league might incite political upheaval, you can surely coucil me in the finer points of worry warting.

<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Deeman</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Thank you for sharing...sid

Deeman3
04-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Onepocketfanitic - Soory you had to give up the Valkrie but your solution was great.

Sack - You must be physic! He does have a little bit of wolfing in him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Look forward to our next Montgomery trip.

Sid - No sage advice? JK

Chopstick - Glad you weren't in the tournament. The last time we were in a tournement, I took second behind you. We were both drunk but I tried to claim being drunker, nobody bought it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wolfdancer - Hey, Hillary should be just happy getting my vote. Besides, I already spent the money on a new motorcycle jacket. I was afraid Sid would tell me to give it back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman
Have cue agross bars, will travel....

dg-in-centralpa
04-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Deeman,
Save that money for when you come up north. I'm sure you'll be able to find some action somewhere in your old stompin' grounds.

DG

SPetty
04-05-2006, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Chopstick - Glad you weren't in the tournament. The last time we were in a tournement, I took second behind you. We were both drunk but I tried to claim being drunker, nobody bought it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif<hr /></blockquote>Um, until you drove your truck into the boggy swamp...

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=166732

Deeman3
04-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I hate hard evidence like photos..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Deeman

sack316
04-05-2006, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>

Sack - You must be physic! He does have a little bit of wolfing in him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Look forward to our next Montgomery trip.

<hr /></blockquote>
Yes, yes I am. Ha, I knew you were going to say that /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't wait until next time you're up this way as well. Since I'm bartending now I can make y'all some drinks... you know my arm sure is heavy from all that shooting sometimes /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I tell you what though, Jason has as much talent and ability as anyone I've ever seen (I've known him since he was too young to get into most poolhalls). His downfall comes in the form of his head and his mouth. I tried taking him out to some po-dunk places to show him how to work it (hell, with his stick and some guidance the kid could make a fortune) but while we were out he couldn't follow the simple instruction of "you shut up and let me do all the talking and matchmaking." I sure hope he gets it straight someday, because I've seen the top of his game and it would be a shame for all his talent to go to waste.

Sack

Sid_Vicious
04-05-2006, 07:48 PM
"Sid - No sage advice?"

You're asking the question man, not the answer man. sid