PDA

View Full Version : Got My U.S. Open Ticket!

9 Ball Girl
04-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm sitting in seat #36 of the Q-Master section which I think is being renamed to the Dishaw section (it's my usual seat).

Did you guys get your tickets yet?

Wendy<---173 days and counting! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

kevinkins
04-05-2006, 07:21 PM
No ... but my NY Giants season tickets just arrived. Can you learn anything from spectator pool?

- Kevin

9 Ball Girl
04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kevinkins:</font><hr>Can you learn anything from spectator pool?

- Kevin <hr /></blockquote>Yes. Yes you can.

kevinkins
04-05-2006, 07:37 PM
How?

Harold Acosta
04-05-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm in a huge dilema here.....

The US Open or Caribbean King of the Hill in Curacao....

9 Ball Girl
04-05-2006, 08:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote kevinkins:</font><hr> How? <hr /></blockquote>When you watch others play, you can pick up on how to get to a certain shot, what safe to play, mechanics, etc... When you're not the one playing, you'd be amazed at the ideas you get when watching others. Same thing goes for when you watch player on TV/Video.

Rich R.
04-06-2006, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm sitting in seat #36 of the Q-Master section which I think is being renamed to the Dishaw section (it's my usual seat).

Wendy&lt;---173 days and counting! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I tried shortly after 6pm, as scheduled, and it was not working.
I called and was told it was not ready yet and it would be working later in the evening.
When I got home from playing in my pool league I tired again.
Although I could see that others had purchased their tickets, I was unable to get it to work.
After making my selections, and inputting credit information, I clicked to go to the verification step and it always showed my shopping cart as empty.
Bottom line is, I wasted a lot of my time and I got very frustrated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will try later today and, if necessary, I will be calling again.

I'm not a happy camper. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DickLeonard
04-06-2006, 05:54 AM
Kevinkins you can learn far more sitting in the stands at a pool tourney than you can ever learn sitting in the stands freezing your nuts at football game.####

FYI search the users list for ####leonard and scroll down to Hitchhiking and read that post it will explain the value of watching pool matches.

9 Ball Girl
04-06-2006, 05:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>I tried shortly after 6pm, as scheduled, and it was not working.
I called and was told it was not ready yet and it would be working later in the evening.
When I got home from playing in my pool league I tired again.
Although I could see that others had purchased their tickets, I was unable to get it to work.
After making my selections, and inputting credit information, I clicked to go to the verification step and it always showed my shopping cart as empty.
Bottom line is, I wasted a lot of my time and I got very frustrated. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will try later today and, if necessary, I will be calling again.

I'm not a happy camper. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>Same thing happened to me too, Rich. I picked 36, but my cart was empty. Then I picked 35 thinking that maybe it'll refresh my cart and show 2 seats chosen but it only showed 35 which I was able to place my purchase on. After the purchase was entered successfully, I went to my account and lo and behold, seat 36 (my original selection) was the one purchased.

I just looked at the seating charts and your's and Cathy's seats are still available!

dg-in-centralpa
04-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I'll be ordering mine tonight.

DG

Rich R.
04-06-2006, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I just looked at the seating charts and your's and Cathy's seats are still available! <hr /></blockquote>
They're not available any more! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Finally, earlier today, after going around and around in circles, I finally secured our normal seats. The system is really not working correctly and I think a lot of people will get frustrated trying to use it. Although there were problems last year, it worked much better than it is this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-07-2006, 04:49 AM
Dick,
I agree that you can learn more by watching the matches. I've seen safes be played that I didn't think were possible. It definitely has helped my game.

DG

Lester
04-07-2006, 04:55 AM
One time Earl!!!!!!!

DickLeonard
04-07-2006, 05:49 AM
DG anyone who is a player and just watches pool matches is missing the most valuable part of a poolplayers education. History is full of players who traveled/played with great players who became great players. Mosconi/Greenleaf,Moore/Lassiter. Look at all the Great New Jersey players of the 60s/70s all within a 50 mile radius.The only player I ever heard that was born great was Greenleaf.####

9 Ball Girl
04-07-2006, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> One time Earl!!!!!!! <hr /></blockquote>Holy Shiznit! How did I forget about those guys in the Open of '02? Man de we have a blast! Still, the look on your face was priceless when the hostess at the Greenbrier Steak Restaurant welcomed you by your name!

JMD in VA
04-07-2006, 07:10 PM
The Mayor and The Commissioner have seats 126 and 127, right next to Rich and Cathy. Good times to be had by all!
Good times will be here once again.

The Mayor
JMD in VA

Also, those who said they would help secure prizes for this years CCB tournament, let's get cracking!

JMD

9 Ball Girl
04-07-2006, 07:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JMD in VA:</font><hr> The Mayor and The Commissioner have seats 126 and 127, right next to Rich and Cathy. Good times to be had by all!
Good times will be here once again.<hr /></blockquote>Cool! I can shoot spitballs atcha!

cueball1950
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Mr Mayor.....i have not forgotten your gift that i know that you want. Unfortunately it would cost to much to ship it and UPS cannot guarantee it against breakage. So i will be bringing it with me to hand personally to you.
I would also like to start the donations list with the usual cue donation. plus i will have other things to donate in the future also...............mike

Harold Acosta
04-07-2006, 09:45 PM
JMD in VA:

My assistance ($$$) for the replica trophy is offered again this year. You know the drill. Let me know when it is done.

thecardman
04-08-2006, 04:06 PM
I'll be thinking of you all in September as you'll all be at the Open enjoying yourselves and I'll be at home, having to watch it via the Internet (can't afford to go to the Open and the World Championships of Magic (http://www.fism.com) in Sweden within a couple of months of each other (although how I wish I could!).

Mind you, I will always have the amazing memories of meeting you guys last year and playing with many of you at the CCB Tournament, memories that are very hard to come by. I hope that in 2007, I get more of those memories as I fully intend being back at the Open then (Magic's World Championships only happen once every 3 years). All I can say is (with 5 months notice!) have a really great time!!!

Best wishes

thecardman
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mrs_DG
04-08-2006, 07:42 PM
DG &amp; Mrs. DG have tickets! We have #5 &amp; 6 behind Rich, Cathy and 9-Ball Girl. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Mrs. DG (with DG sitting right beside me)

cueball1950
04-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Well i don't have my ticket yet. I have never had a VIP ticket. Maybe someday after i hit the lottery i will have the money, then i will buy out a whole section and have Barry rename it the CCB section. Wonder what it would cost? This way we can all sit together and not have to worry about what section we sit in or having to worry about buying tickets. Oh well, i can dream can't I. What else do i have to do with myself....lolol..oh yes, i forgot that i promised Rich R that i would build an addition for him to put his pool table in....lololol...........mike

Rich R.
04-09-2006, 03:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> oh yes, i forgot that i promised Rich R that i would build an addition for him to put his pool table in....lololol...........mike <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry Mike, you must have made that promise to someone else. We built that addition years ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooldaddy9
04-09-2006, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I'm sitting in seat #36 of the Q-Master section which I think is being renamed to the Dishaw section (it's my usual seat).

Wendy&lt;---173 days and counting! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Got mine, same seat #35 Q-Masters (used to be Dishaw section)
next to who again /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
04-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Wendy,
Are you going to give us a weekly countdown until the Open? We're looking forward to the Annual CCB dinner and tournament.

DG - placed 4th last year

9 Ball Girl
04-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Yup, I sure will! I always start up the annual CCB thread right after folks come back from the BCA event in Vegas in May.

Stay tuned... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

recoveryjones
04-09-2006, 10:35 PM

Good on you Wendy.I watch and tape it from the TV every year and see you sitting right in the front row. I say to myself, hey, I know that girl.

Take care,
RJ

cueball1950
04-11-2006, 08:47 PM
..Rich......Then i would just have to reimburse you for it.......lol........my mind must be getting real bad....mike

cueball1950
04-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Wendy
I will also be supplying the 2006 Liberty Silver Dollar as i have in the past............mike

DickLeonard
04-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Cueball1950 Way to Go Earl. You have your lottery winnings all planned out.$$$$

Brian in VA
04-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Harold,
Consider it done!
Brian in VA

Lester
04-21-2006, 01:27 PM
9ballgirl wrote:
Holy Shiznit! How did I forget about those guys in the Open of '02? Man de we have a blast! Still, the look on your face was priceless when the hostess at the Greenbrier Steak Restaurant welcomed you by your name!
%%%%%%%%%%

Ha ha ha, you would remember THAT! Talk about being "set-up". Hey, I came in 4th in our first tournament, but I'll bet you "forgot" that. ha ha
That WAS too funny.

Rich R.
04-21-2006, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr>Hey, I came in 4th in our first tournament, but I'll bet you "forgot" that. <hr /></blockquote>
But the waitress came in third and didn't miss an order. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Are you coming this year, Lester?

yaffabernstein
04-22-2006, 05:02 AM
How much does it cost to attend the event, I may want to come.

Rich R.
04-22-2006, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote yaffabernstein:</font><hr> How much does it cost to attend the event, I may want to come. <hr /></blockquote>
Here is the information.
http://billiardhq.com/index2.php

yaffabernstein
04-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks, I am coming, I need to see pro's play in person, never have done that one yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rich R.
04-23-2006, 05:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote yaffabernstein:</font><hr> Thanks, I am coming, I need to see pro's play in person, never have done that one yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>If you want to see the pros, the U.S. Open is the place to be. You will see the best in the world.

Also, keep an eye on this forum. CCB members have our annual dinner and tournament at the U.S. Open. You will get to put some faces with the names and have a great time.
We will be having our dinner on Friday evening, 09/29, and we will be having our tournament on Saturday morning and afternoon, 09/30.
It is a fun tournament and we all have a great time. Details will be coming later, on this forum. Please consider joining us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lester
04-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Rich wrote:
But the waitress came in third and didn't miss an order.

Are you coming this year, Lester?

<font color="blue"> Well, it's true... she did finish "over" me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Haven't made up my mind about going yet. I'm still listening to Neil Young's new album!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Harold Acosta
04-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Just contact me whenever you're ready....

ARJ
04-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Capone 1 &amp; 2.

ARJ~~~~miss me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian in VA
04-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Hey bud! Looking forward to seeing you there. Who's sitting in the other seat? Or have you gained weight? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA

Rich R.
04-28-2006, 06:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Hey bud! Looking forward to seeing you there. Who's sitting in the other seat? Or have you gained weight? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>
Since ARJ is hard at work, I will help out here.
Although ARJ may have gained some weight /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif I believe the other seat is for Phil in sofla. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
04-28-2006, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ARJ:</font><hr> Capone 1 &amp; 2.

ARJ~~~~miss me? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>I miss you and I loves ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif