PDA

View Full Version : Can't Hardly See To Play

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I had my right eye catch debri yesterday(a nasty cig ash, chastise me, go ahead) and it waters and is fuzzy when it works today. Short of a doctor's visit, does anyone suggest a home made remedy for getting it back on track for pool playing? I can imagine that some here have had to deal with little snafus like this...any advice???sid

Gayle in MD
04-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Gee Martin, although you asked for short of a doctors visit, if it happened yesterday, and still hurts today, and affects your vision, I think you should see a doctor...JMHO...don't take chances with your vision.

Hope you're better soon.
Love,
Gayle

heater451
04-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Make sure that you don't have something still in it--I think wood ash (or tobacco, as the case may be) would come out quickly enough. Rock-ash, like from a volcano, would not. Metal, will rust in the salt-water of tears, and that's not something you want either.

I actually did the last once. While grinding rust off of a bridge railing, I pushed my safety goggles up to get a better look, and then forgot to put them down. When I touched the grinder to the rail again, I was gifted with a sliver of steel in my eye--just inside the perimeter of the cornea. The really crappy thing is, it went too deep (into the "Bowman's" layer, IIRC) and permanently affected my vision. It was my dominant eye, too. . . .

The point is, don't f**k with your vision, see a doctor.

And, to answer your question, I've heard that milk may help to get something out of your eye, like a splinter, but I've never confirmed it.

<----MAJOR proponent of eye-protection.

=============================

Sid_Vicious
04-08-2006, 08:27 PM
It's not a pain or watering now, just blurry. I'd halfway wonder if I could have taken a live ash on the surface, and I'm not sure if that surface heals itself in time. We'll see in time...sid