PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with question about making table free-play

KINNEY0201
04-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Hello,
I'm new here and was just given a commercial pooltable yesterday. It's a coin operated table but I was wondering if someone could tell me how to adjust it so that we do not have to put money in to play. Thanks for your time.

JK

Billy_Bob
04-09-2006, 02:41 PM
You can remove the coin door and just push in the lever to drop the balls.

Or remove the metal edges, then remove the rails, then remove the slate. Inside there is a metal bar which holds the balls back until the lever is pushed. You can remove this metal bar by removing two screws.

I did this to mine and stored the metal bar inside the table under the slate so it would not get lost.

This is good because the balls roll through to the end of the table. Good for practice because you can stand at that end of the table and the balls keep rolling through to you.

rackem
04-17-2006, 11:32 PM
If you wanted to do it permanent and you did not want to take the table apart, could you cut the metal bar out?

Billy_Bob
04-18-2006, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackem:</font><hr> If you wanted to do it permanent and you did not want to take the table apart, could you cut the metal bar out? <hr /></blockquote>

The table needs periodic maintenance. Dust, dirt, chalk, and coins get dropped into the pockets. The tracks inside the table need vacuuming. Balls can come off the track and you may need to remove the top to get the ball out (although many times you can get them out with a flashlight going through the access doors and lifting/tilting the table so ball rolls to one end).

So might as well learn now how to take the top off the table. It is quite easy actually. If you are not "mechanical", get someone to show you the first time.