PDA

View Full Version : Immigrant rights

Drop1
04-09-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm talking about people who have gone through the system,and are legal. I think Mexico has a very intresting system for citizenship in Mexico,and would be the perfect mirror for immagrants applying for citizenship in the United States. Mexico has a seven year residency requirement,before you can apply. You must register each year,and have permission to work. After seven years,you receive your citizenship,called an FM2. Certain restrictions apply; you have all the rights of a native born Mexican citizen, ,conducting a business however you cannot vote in any political election in the Country,and you can only own the rights to property along the coast,and border through a bank trust. What I'm suggesting is a system of limited rights for people not born in the United States. Thats how it works in Mexico,and thats how it should work for all the Immigrant Mexicans in the United States.

Vagabond
04-10-2006, 05:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I'm talking about people who have gone through the system,and are legal. I think Mexico has a very intresting system for citizenship in Mexico,and would be the perfect mirror for immagrants applying for citizenship in the United States. Mexico has a seven year residency requirement,before you can apply. You must register each year,and have permission to work. After seven years,you receive your citizenship,called an FM2. Certain restrictions apply; you have all the rights of a native born Mexican citizen, ,conducting a business however you cannot vote in any political election in the Country,and you can only own the rights to property along the coast,and border through a bank trust. What I'm suggesting is a system of limited rights for people not born in the United States. Thats how it works in Mexico,and thats how it should work for all the Immigrant Mexicans in the United States. <hr /></blockquote>

With their demonstrations in many big cities these criminals( Invaders of a sovereign Nation) from Mexico and other Latinos are BULLYING the Americans and demanding for rights.These are NOT immigrants.

Drop1
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
That is what I want to stop,this idea that force will give a person the rights of a citizen. Thirty percent of the adult population are coming up for retirement in the near future. As stupid as it sounds,with all the loss of jobs,America is going to suffer a shortage of workers,and experience a brain drain. The only person I want to have full rights of a Citizen,is a person born in the United States.Look at my post it says immigrants should not be allowed to vote. That means any immigrant from any Country. Whats the problem with that.

Cueless Joey
04-10-2006, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With their demonstrations in many big cities these criminals( Invaders of a sovereign Nation) from Mexico and other Latinos are BULLYING the Americans and demanding for rights.These are NOT immigrants. <hr /></blockquote>
While waiving their flags.
It's gonna get worse. 5 yrs or so from now when they have more voters.

Gayle in MD
04-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I think their marches are going to be a good thing in the long run. I think maybe some people will wake up to the failure of this administration to address this problem, and become more aware of all the ways which the influx of illegals in this country will pull us down in the long run.

I can only speak for myself, but the more they march, the madder I get. Anyone else feeling this way? Today I saw one with an American Flag on on side, sewn to a Mexican flag on the other side. It made me furious!

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Didn't Vote For George Bush!

Deeman3
04-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Yes, this is making me madder every time I see it. Criminals marching and demanding rights we have while all our government fiddle and do nothing.

This is France in not too long. The illegals actually don't now have any fear of the Immigrations Service now at all. If a democrat will step up and make a plan to stop these people, I'll stand behind him. NOw all both sides lf the house and senate are doing is trying to get the Latino vote. Show us anyone with guts and we will support them.

I know all politicians are leaches like any public servant but if just a few will really stand up, they will win this country by a landslide with me cheering them on.

Deeman

Gayle in MD
04-10-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm with you...this is one time the Democrats have made me furious. There are some folks standing up though, but on this issue, the only ones that I have seen really go out to speak against amnesty, have been republicans. There were more in the beginning, but now, they too, are backing down.

Also, the Spanish/Mexican Congressmen and Senators I have seen on the news these past two seeks, have made me furious!

The person with the most facts on this subject, and who has made an effort for ages to throw some light on it, is Lou Dobbs. He's on CNN every evening at 6 o'clock.

Gayle in Md.

SpiderMan
04-10-2006, 02:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> The only person I want to have full rights of a Citizen,is a person born in the United States.Look at my post it says immigrants should not be allowed to vote. That means any immigrant from any Country. Whats the problem with that. <hr /></blockquote>

The problem is, it doesn't go far enough to address the issue. All the babies of these illegal aliens, born in the US as you specified, are citizens with full voting rights. As more and more of these rabbit litters come of age, do you think they will vote to boot out their own parents, aunts, uncles, etc? Once this group of voters reaches critical mass, it will be too late for any sort of "immigration reform".

Actually, "reform" is just posturing on the part of politicians. If we had only enforced existing laws it would be fine.

Illegal entry, first offense, is already a misdemeanor punishable by six month's imprisonment. Instead we give free medical treatment, three hots and a cot, and a free ride home.

Second offense is a felony, punishable by two years and $250,000. Has this ever been handed down as a sentence? I doubt it. Same punishment as 1st offense, free ride home.

If these folks were going back with stories of spending a couple years in the pen, it would make future "visitors" think twice.

SpiderMan

heater451
04-10-2006, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>While waiving their flags.
It's gonna get worse. 5 yrs or so from now when they have more voters. <hr /></blockquote>I know it's taking an extreme view of the situation, but doesn't flying the flag of another country, in such a context, constitute a foreign, invading/occupying force?

I think I need a lawyer with a history degree. . .or, a history prof with a law degree. . .or maybe a military official. . . .

Thoughts, anyone?

========================================

pooltchr
04-10-2006, 05:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> If a democrat will step up and make a plan to stop these people, I'll stand behind him.
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Dee, I agree. I think this may be the deciding factor in 2008.

I'm also pi$$ed at the media. For the last 4 days, they have been filling the airways with stories about the big demonstrations that were expected today. Self fulfilling proficy??????

In our city, the big push was for latinos to not spend any money today. No buying lunch, no buying gas, no buying anything. Of course, a large percentage of latinos regularly shop at latino owned businesses. Guess which stores in town suffered the most!!!! Wal-mart did fine, but the local latin grocery store was nearly deserted! DUHHHH!!!

I also agree that if the laws as they are on the books right now were enforced, the desire of people to enter this country would be drastically reduced. If we could get enough people in Washington with some ball$ (Yes, that includes Hillery!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif) to stand up for what is right, maybe, just maybe, we can preserve our heritage.

If they are here illegally, lock 'em up until we can send 'em back. Then put armed guards along the boarder and tell them they are welcome to go rabbit hunting. I bet the VP would make a good volunteer!!!!

Steve

Drop1
04-10-2006, 06:25 PM
I appreciate what you are saying,but arn't we all decedents of immigrants? I favor the seven year wait,and no right to vote.In eighteen years,when their kids can speak English,and call this land their land of birth let them vote,but not these fools that think they can blend two two flags. If you plan to travel boycot Mexico.

9 Ball Girl
04-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Yes, we are all descendants of immigrants. My sisters and I are my family's first generation here in the states and I sure as hell would never vote to have my folks outta here but then again, they're not illegal, they have their resident cards.

I saw some of those double-flagged concoctions today. I work in the Federal building where the Immigration bureau is located and they were out in full strength today. Those flagged concoctions did look weird and I saw them stitched to a whole bunch of other country's flags.

I do understand that there are criminal immigrants protesting which pisses me off, but while I was out there today I saw families and I couldn't help but think of my parents trying to make it here to give me and my sibs better lives, watching home videos of my father working in a slaughter house to support his fam, my Mom working in a factory--yeah I know "cry me a river" but it's those faces of those families that I saw out there today that make me feel compassion because now as an adult, I can appreciate what my parents did for us and I believe that these folks are trying to do the same.

Gayle in MD
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Wendy, I know what you're saying, and there is a lot of truth in it, we all have immigrants in our families, but they came here the right way. My Dad's father came here from Italy, but he worked three jobs to save up to come here. Then he went into business and brought all his brothers here from Italy. He didn't allow his kids to speak Italian, only English, and they each went into business when they were grown, and every one of them became a millionaire. My Mom's family goes all the way back to the Mayflower. Her brothers had a fit when she married an Italian, lol.

America's greatness was built on immigration, no question, but the rapid influx which we have witnessed, will definately drag this country down, and so much of what is being put out there as fact regarding the economic results of so many coming here so rapidly, with no education, and being able to access so many social services, eventho they are not citizens, will cost all of us much more than many people realize, I'm afraid. Seeing how demanding they are, eventho they are illegal, isn't helping their cause much. We have immigration laws, and they should be enforced. This country is not in the great shape that most people think it is in, and an influx of illegals at the present time, is going to put a hardship on many who are already citizens, IMO. Charity should begin at home....

Gayle in Md.

jtlabs
04-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Not too many people know this or are willing to admit it but this country was build on legal and illegal immigration. The bridges, the sky scrapers, everything that is American was made on the backs of immigrants or foreigners. Too me, I think it is shameful how self serving and heartless society is today. The pilgrims left their countries for the very reason that many people are leaving their country today.

Every administration, not just Bush has and had a good reason to allow the influx of immigrants and it has nothing to do with votes. Currently every American from the babyboom er generation outranks young people. As a result for every 2 Adults from the babyboom generation their will be 1 kid who can possibly take care of them in their old age. That is an ideal situation of course, but we all know that not every youth can afford to take care of their parents or much less wants their parents to live with them. That leaves nursing homes but we also know not every youth in America wants to be a nurse nor is it economically feasible. What this basically means is that we will have old people who will have no one to nurse them, medically care for them, etc. Immigrants are essential to survival as a nation, and any economist, or dare I say politician knows this. Their a solution not a problem.

Too bring up another point, the boys in the pentagon are figuring out how exactly their going to get enough man power for the agenda that is taking place in the middle east. Believe me, when it comes down to business the powers that be are very serious and most of all, open minded in how they can achieve their goals.

Finally, when people start talking about how immigrants are taking our jobs, I have to laugh. Any economist can tell you that the down turn in our economy has nothing to do with immigrants. We live in the age of globalization, where corporate decisions in other countries effect our and every other country in a chain reaction. The tough times we are falling upon are felt all through out the world, not just in the US. It has a lot to do with inevitability and less to do with who we have as president and much more less to do with immigrants. In conclusion, if anyone is at home with no job, or a immigrant was hired over someone else, then maybe that someone should start working harder and stop making excuses for being unemployed.

nAz
04-10-2006, 11:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr>While waiving their flags.
It's gonna get worse. 5 yrs or so from now when they have more voters. <hr /></blockquote>I know it's taking an extreme view of the situation, but doesn't flying the flag of another country, in such a context, constitute a foreign, invading/occupying force?

Thoughts, anyone?

======================================== <hr /></blockquote>

Today... or is that yesterday the organizers of the "rallies" handed hundreds of American flags and told protesters to put a way the Mexican't flag because it did not play well with the U.S. public. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
What kinda [censored] is that? if they want to be here, be Americans shouldn't these protesters start acting like Americans?

hmmm that is one of the things that pisses me off about a lot of illegals that i have met and seen they refuse to assimilate or at least they appear to assimilate. argghhhhhhhh what a Fu@king mess are leaders past and present have us in now!

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh there is a Freaking Taco stand on almost every corner where i live. The sidewalks are a filthy mess, what with men and women of Latin origins blowing snot out their nose and dumping food on them. GROSS!!

well i guess culture clash is a mother!

Damn it Im so pissed at our leaders that I can't even vent straight!

9 Ball Girl
04-11-2006, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh there is a Freaking Taco stand on almost every corner where i live. <hr /></blockquote> Be glad that it's not a freaking crackhouse on every corner like other neighborhoods.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>The sidewalks are a filthy mess, what with men and women of Latin origins blowing snot out their nose and dumping food on them. GROSS!!<hr /></blockquote>Have you been to Chinatown lately?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>well i guess culture clash is a mother!<hr /></blockquote>And I love to be able to have the best of all worlds in this country.

Sid_Vicious
04-11-2006, 09:09 AM
A. We're talking about ILLEGAL immigrants, no rights.
B. Any legal immigrants have rights.

Case closed...sid

DickLeonard
04-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Gayle my only thoughts about illegal imigration is on 9/12/01 it should have ceased entirely. It is impossible to to talk about securing the Borders with a hole that let 11 million people in and we go off to war in Iraq. The only real solution is for the illegals join our Army and go to War, a Job that our staunches people would like someone else to fill.

Men and Women alike serve 5 years, learn English while taking orders eg, Dig that ditch,clean the gun, at the end of your enlistment if you can pass the english and the history of citizenship. Your a Citizen.

Your pay in while in the Army would be minimum wage to start with pay raises commensurate with their rank. This way we can relieve the National Guard and Troops that keep having their enlistment extended. Some troops in Iraq are in the late 50s/60s so we can take any imigrant that is breathing.

I think I have solved two problems with one stone. The Imigration and the Cowards.####

Drop1
04-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Dick,I live in Mexico,I have Mexicans work for me,my inlaws are Mexican,and your idea would never work never never never,and I will tell you why. They would just go back a cross the border.

Sid_Vicious
04-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Then we've found the answer to the 11-30 mil already here,,,announce an automatic induction process for all undocumented already here and wait until the dust settles at the border from the returning herd. Wanting to be here in America means you serve the cause or leave...sid

ceebee
04-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Outstanding Post, Sid...

Now if you can get that mother-fugging Bush to post it on the 6:00 o'clock news.

Mr Dubya is a proven coward &amp; liar. He has been a traitor to our country, by allowing illegal aliens migrate to our cities &amp; plunging our country into a WAR for personal reasons &amp; ill-gotten monetary gain. I wonder what his commission is, for a $1O BULLET or a $150,000.00 Hummer

DickLeonard
04-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Drop1 I guess we would only solve one problem then the Immigration problem. Then we would have to get rid of the cowards in the White House. Who passed down their cowardice to their followers.####

Drop1
04-13-2006, 09:09 PM
Dare we ask that one problem be solved?

DickLeonard
04-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Drop 1 I put a the then instead of just a the.####

Drop1
04-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Thats fine. I wish you would respond to the post "China" we are talking about 850 billion that China can use to position itself in the global economy. They can spread the money to keep South American countries anti U.S. ,by using private companies as fronts,and why not throw some weapon makers in their too,why not pour money into Mexico,and dominate Nafta. They can go into joint ventures to make consumer products in Mexico,and ship them in duty free. I think we have to put some priorites in line.

Gayle in MD
04-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Can you imagine what could happen if the United States committed to solving three huge problems, feeding the world with our own crops, the energy crises, and the environmental pollution problems of the world? I think we could create a few good paying jobs, don't you?

George Bush didn't create all our problems, he just added to them, and made them all worse.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Bush is going to shake up the White House he has no choice. Even a fly knows when the swatter hits.

Gayle in MD
04-18-2006, 08:10 AM
I find it really amusing that the White House Shake Up, is being set up so that it looks like the new Chief Of Staff is doing the firing, lol. Typical George Bush! Let somebody else do the dirty work! I'm surprised they can FIT anybody else IN the White House, since his ego is so HUGE!

Gayle in Md.