View Full Version : Jump Stilts

04-10-2006, 07:10 AM
There is such a thing that is called a 'Jump Stilt'. It is shaped like a stilt, and it is used upside down with the horizontal piece in the palm of your hand, and the tail of the stilt extending upward in the fleshy part of your hand between the index finger and thumb.
It normally serves the purpose of giving you 4-6" more height for shooting a jump shot when you have to get 'up' on the cue ball. (sort of like using a crutch over a ball to shoot a jump shot).
They are usually all homemade out of wood, a good whittling
project. Stand your hand vertical, and measure from the V where your thumb meets your hand. Add 4-6 inches to the measurement. That is how long it should be to the horizontal
portion of the L with a tail (stilt). The tail portion of the stilt should be about 2 inches more (above the horizontal portion). Make sure it is think enough so it won't break.
Pencil diameter or slightly larger. Leave extra wood at the 'joint' where the horizontal piece meets the verital part.

Go to (towards the bottom of page)
for a crude picture of one. You won't need it much, but will be real handy when you do.

04-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Cool! Thanks for thinking of us poor souls over on this side, Snapshot9.

04-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I have designed & used something similar to the STILT IDEA, except is is just a 7 inch rod with rubber tips on each end. The added stroke is amazingly effective.

The few times I've used this thing, the guys all holler FOUL. They see the magic, but none of them are wise enough to want to try it.