PDA

View Full Version : Olhausen 8.5 vs. Kasson Ombrage 8

Qball
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I am trying to decide between buying an Olhausen Santa Ana oversize 8 table or a Kasson Artisan Series Ombrage 8 foot table. The Olhausen will come from the factory while the Kasson is in store and comes "as is". The Kasson Artisan table is really put together and looks great, but is only an 8. The Olhausen oversize 8 is the largest table that will fit the room.
I plan on buying the table, never moving it and having it for the rest of my life. It will be on ground level wooden floor above basement.
Any thoughts from you folks with experience out there about the difference between these two tables as well as whether to get the lighter or heavier table when there could be settling? The prices or the tables are almost the same.
Thanks.

sherlock
04-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I have an Olhausen Remmington and couldn't be more pleased with it. The italian slate, the accufast cushions, and the quality construction of the Olhausen would tilt the scales for me. Good luck on the purchase.

Bumps
04-10-2006, 09:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sherlock:</font><hr> I have an Olhausen Remmington and couldn't be more pleased with it. The italian slate, the accufast cushions, and the quality construction of the Olhausen would tilt the scales for me. Good luck on the purchase. <hr /></blockquote>

I have a Remington 4 x 8 myself. Very happy with it.

ABQ_Poolhead
04-11-2006, 08:31 AM
I have a 9' Santa Ana. It looks and plays great. Enjoy your new table, whichever you choose.