PDA

View Full Version : Dr.Dave

JamisonNeu
04-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Sir,
Remove that link or put up my banner. I'm a multipal World Champion in my field and I put up the third highest score ever recorded in World Cup play. I hold many records and have bested everyone on trick shot magic and I did it in their arena not on my moms six foot table. I am the real deal. I am not angry with you Sir. Just seems a little disrespectful not to ask me first. Not to mention how you placed it on your site seems almost rude. I will however forgive you once. Look foward to meeting you. Stop me sometime if you ever see me.
Jamison "The Gentleman" Neu

SpiderMan
04-11-2006, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JamisonNeu:</font><hr> Sir,
Remove that link or put up my banner. I'm a multipal World Champion in my field and I put up the third highest score ever recorded in World Cup play. I hold many records and have bested everyone on trick shot magic and I did it in their arena not on my moms six foot table. I am the real deal. I am not angry with you Sir. Just seems a little disrespectful not to ask me first. Not to mention how you placed it on your site seems almost rude. I will however forgive you once. Look foward to meeting you. Stop me sometime if you ever see me.
Jamison "The Gentleman" Neu <hr /></blockquote>

Dave,

I'd vote that you remove his link.

SpiderMan

dr_dave
04-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Jamison,

As you have requested, I have removed my link to your publicly posted thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=223066&amp;page =0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1). I saw no reason to ask permission for helping people find your post and your site, but I have honored your wishes.

Best of luck,
Dr. Dave

PS: IMHO, I think it is odd that you prefer that people not link to or view your site. What is your rationale ... I don't understand your concern.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JamisonNeu:</font><hr> Sir,

dr_dave
04-11-2006, 08:56 AM
SpiderMan,

Thanks for the advice.

Done.

Regards,
Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote JamisonNeu:</font><hr> Sir,

Dave,

I'd vote that you remove his link.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Billy_Bob
04-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Web site links are generally considered to be in the "public domain".

And so far as web sites go, the more other web sites which have links to your web site, the better.

The general idea is to get as much traffic to a web site as possible. This is done by getting your web site listed on search engines and getting other web sites to place links to your web site on their web site.

Then once you have a web site which gets a lot of traffic, you can have advertisements or sell products. At the least make enough money to pay for the web site so it is not a money drain. This is the general idea with most web sites.

So this is the first time I have ever seen anyone *not* want someone else to link to their web site????

Deeman3
04-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Dr. Dave,

I think most of us will be very happy never to visit this idiots website. Let's do our best to keep it private.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Deeman

dr_dave
04-11-2006, 11:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Dr. Dave,

I think most of us will be very happy never to visit this idiots website. Let's do our best to keep it private.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>
What website? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dave

bsmutz
04-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Try to do a guy a favor and look how he treats you... Sheesh, some people!

dr_dave
04-11-2006, 11:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> Try to do a guy a favor and look how he treats you... Sheesh, some people! <hr /></blockquote>
Thank you and others for reinforcing this. I also thought I was doing him a favor. However, he didn't see it that way, so I was happy to remove the link for him. It's his loss.

Thank again,
Dave

wolfdancer
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I've been trying to guess what field he is a multipal world champion in.....so far I've ruled out "spellling bee's".
Eric Yow doesn't seem to mind folks visiting his site, and the shots are good, if not better then the "world champ's".

BigRigTom
04-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Dave, feel free to use that extra link you have and make it to my site.
I will thank you for it.
Then I would thank the stranger(jamisonneu) for not taking up your valuable space with "HIS" useless link...he he.

Some people just don't get it and probably never will.

JamisonNeu
04-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Ya Eric is one of the better students of mine. I am impressed with his demeaner but, if you will notice I am not a link on his site either...

JamisonNeu
04-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Masse and Stroke Champion of the world. I also hold all the records in masse and would gladly exept any challenge from anyone in Masse Erik is a very quick learning student and one I am proud to call a student. Go Erik.

JamisonNeu
04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Thank You.

JamisonNeu
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
To say a favor implies that I asked for this so called help. I did not therefore it is interference. Thank You.

JamisonNeu
04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Me Too. Thank You. Jamison wins again.

JamisonNeu
04-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Now then If we could just put this behind us and move foward it would be great. I thought that you being a Prof. you might understand a little bit about askin before doing. Out of respect for other peoples wishes. I offered you a choice and you made one. I think you chose the choice you did for akolaides of your internet groupies. If I had read how much I messed up with someone for not showing respect and I was wrong like you were. I would have made the other choice but, then again I don't take other peoples business decisions personal.
Good Day to you Sir.
PS. My Neu nickname for you will be the
Dr.Dave the Absent Minded Professor.

Deeman3
04-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Jamisonnew:

I believe a multi world cmp like you could have figured our that an e-mail or a private message would have accomplished just as much as a posting here. Dr. Dave would, I'm sure, have removed the link and you would not come out looking like a spoiled brat with an attitude.

I wish you the best with your obscure world titles but hope you develop some sensibility and perhaps some business accumen in the future.

It never hurts to be courteous to others when you have a chance. I do agree you have a right to keep you site a top secret but just feel you could be a little more gratious about it.

Deeman

bsmutz
04-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Apparently you don't have a grasp on what the word favor means. Opening a door for someone that has their hands full is a favor, whether they ask for it or not. Dave obviously thought he was doing you a favor, not causing interference. And why on God's green earth would you need to forgive him? It's a good thing you're so good with a cue, because you sure come up short in the writing, thinking, and manners departments.

BigRigTom
04-11-2006, 02:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JamisonNeu:</font><hr> Now then If we could just put this behind us and move foward it would be great. I thought that you being a Prof. you might understand a little bit about askin before doing. Out of respect for other peoples wishes. I offered you a choice and you made one. I think you chose the choice you did for akolaides of your internet groupies. If I had read how much I messed up with someone for not showing respect and I was wrong like you were. I would have made the other choice but, then again I don't take other peoples business decisions personal.
Good Day to you Sir.
PS. My Neu nickname for you will be the
Dr.Dave the Absent Minded Professor. <hr /></blockquote>

What a PUTZ!
Why would you create a web site then try to keep it a secret. Why would you object to anyone linking too it?
Why would you go on a great forum like this and make an absolute ASS of yourself with these kinds of comments then futher "MIS-SPELL" some of the key phrases? Why would you play pool for that matter?
Most of the people who play pool and become as good as you claim to be also become nice people along the way. Too bad that didn't work out that way for you. You will probably see a lot of examples on this forum though if you hang in there long enough you may learn something about etiquette too.

JamisonNeu
04-11-2006, 04:10 PM
http://www.artisticpoolplayers.com/stats.php
Look at 2005 these are the end of the year stats...Should give you some better idea. I'm not full of sh#* about this one.

dave
04-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Patrick,IMMSARMA,etc. and now a Neu one to add to the list. Sheesh! No wonder I lurk.

DickLeonard
04-12-2006, 05:16 AM
JamisonNeu from an old poolplayers perspective people who can't play pool play Trickshots.####

SpiderMan
04-12-2006, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JamisonNeu:</font><hr> Me Too. Thank You. Jamison wins again. <hr /></blockquote>

I recommeded that Dave remove the link because you were so unappreciative of the free publicity. Without Dave's web site, most of us would have never heard of you. Maybe that's a good thing.

SpiderMan

DSAPOLIS
04-12-2006, 07:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> JamisonNeu from an old poolplayers perspective people who can't play pool play Trickshots.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Dick,

In response to that I will let you know that though Artistic Billiards may not be your cup of tea, the artists (such as Jamison) work tirelessly to support and promote the game of pool through exhibitions, appearances, and entertaining competitions. The family of players involved in artistic billiards (yes, they are a "family")do more for promoting the game of pool than all of the players on any of the other tours combined. In return they receive very little respect, only comments like the one I am responding to. To be fair and honest, Jamison's high run is probably nowhere close to your's or mine, but neither you or I could do what Jamison does on the pool table. A comment like yours is not fair to guys such as Tom Rossman, Steve Lillis, Stefano Pellinga, Mike Massey, and Jamison Neu, all of whom work tirelessly to entertain people with their talents.

To Dr. Dave:
Your response to Jamison is just as argumentative as Jamison's initial post. We can write all day with people choosing sides in this battle, but given my personal experience with trying to reason with you about other issues, I can understand Jamison's attitude. I'm not saying he was right for confronting you publicly, I'm just saying that its understandable, not justifiable.

You've been around long enough to know that if you are going to promote another site, as a courtesy you should display a link to that site prominently , not as an afterthought. If you don't want to do that, then don't display the link at all. Its also a good idea to make contact with that person and exchange links. Find out how you can help each other out. You and I did that about a year and a half ago. I remember contacting you prior to exchanging a link with you and asking your permission. Afterwards, I distinctly remember you refusing to provide a "prominent" (key word)reciprocal link to my website, and the link you provided was not to the main page of my site. You were not very receptive (IMO) and after a while, I just said the heck with it and removed the link to your DVD order form (from my main page, complete with pictures of your dvd's), and a link to your website remained elsewhere within my site, less prominenty displayed. I believe that was fair.

In matters such as this, you will earn the reputation you deserve and people will figure out whether or not you are worth doing business with. You have a wealth of great information that is extremely valuable to all pool players. In order to reach as many players as possible, you have to develop positive relationships with other people and network with them. A lot of people have promoted your website and your dvd's. In response, do the same for others and give them the same kind of respect you would hope to receive. Your success as well as their's depends upon your willingness to work together.

I hope you will take the time to work this out with Jamison Neu instead of adding him to the list of people you have rubbed the wrong way. Within our industry, we need to rely upon each other to build the game up. Conflicts like this do nothing but expose the fact that we cannot get along with each other. Its not about you, its not about Jamison, its about pool. We shouldn't lose sight of that.

TimFXF
04-12-2006, 08:53 AM
"...if you are going to promote another site, as a courtesy you should display a link to that site prominently , not as an afterthought. If you don't want to do that, then don't display the link at all."

Huh?

I don't get it. All Dr. Dave does is post links that are of interest to those of us who have an interest in the game. Instead of gratitude he gets grief because he didn't ask, "Mother, may I", or didn't provide a prominent enough location? I know that I have visited ALL of the links provided by Dave, regardless of its "prominence".

Am I missing some sort of pool players nuance here?

JamisonNeu
04-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Thank you for being a rational mind in something that I beleve has gotten a little out of hand. You wrote exactly the idea that I was trying to put across about my link. You just said it a lot better than I did. My mission was not to make people mad or cause this, I just wanted the issue with my link resolved. It was purely a business decision. Maybe people will understand that better after reading your post. I don't even know Dr. Dave, and my intentions were not to insult him at all, I just wasn't familiar with his website, and I wasn't comfortable with the way my link was posted. If I came off insulting or unappreciative that was not my intentions.It was just business. I appreciate people posting my link, if I am aware of it and can approve what type of site I am being associated with, and how it's being posted. This is my career, what puts food on the table. So thank you again for your perspective.
And in response to the comment 'people who can't play pool, play trick shots': I have been playing pool since I was 4 I can hold my own. I chose to get into artistic pool 3 years ago because I believe it is one of the most beautiful parts of the game, especially the masse. And I would be amazed to see any one step up to the table playing any cuesport game with Mike Massey and walk away still saying that trick shot artists can't play.

Billy_Bob
04-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Well I hope we can all let things settle down and maybe start over?

I for one am here to learn and I would hope that Jamison will contribute to posts in the future.

wolfdancer
04-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm missing something also.....
A simple "Dave, please remove the link" would have done the trick...pardon the pun, and he could have left out the disparaging remarks. I believe Both Mike Massey and Tom Rossman would have handled things in a more gentlemanly fashion....maybe that's why they are booked solidly for exhibitions, while Mr. Neu is relatively unknown.
Mr. Neu might be skilled on a pool table...now he should work on his people skills.
I'd suggest he begin with an apology to Dr. Dave.

BigRigTom
04-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Me too Bob!
We all have something to learn and sounds like this thread is moving in the right direction now.
Lets all look forward to sharing in the spirit of helping each other however humble our abilities may be.

Cornerman
04-12-2006, 01:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TimFXF:</font><hr> Huh?

I don't get it. All Dr. Dave does is post links that are of interest to those of us who have an interest in the game. Instead of gratitude he gets grief because he didn't ask, "Mother, may I", or didn't provide a prominent enough location? I know that I have visited ALL of the links provided by Dave, regardless of its "prominence". <hr /></blockquote>I shouldn't have to explain this, but I will. It's a matter of common courtesy. The link is to his business, as opposed to just some trick shot videos that you or I happened to piece together and post on our personal website. If he doesn't want them linked obscurely, surely you all can respect that.

I know it looks like Mr. Neu was overly aggressive, but having been around Jamison and looking at the words he picked, I can hear him saying his first post in mock anger, not real anger.

IMO, the follow-up remarks to and about him personally are un-called for. But, then again, you guys don't know him.

Fred

Deeman3
04-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Tap. Tap. Tap.

There are ways to say things and ways to say things. I also don't remember any of us saying that Mike Massey can't shoot pool. I beleive he proved it long before he devoted himself to trick shots.

Deeman

dr_dave
04-12-2006, 03:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr>You've been around long enough to know that if you are going to promote another site, as a courtesy you should display a link to that site prominently , not as an afterthought. If you don't want to do that, then don't display the link at all. Its also a good idea to make contact with that person and exchange links. Find out how you can help each other out.<hr /></blockquote>
I respectfully disagree. First of all, my goal was not to link to his site directly in a prominent location on my website. I was simply linking to his message posted on this forum (in the threads summary area of my website (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/threads.html)) so people could find his posting more easily in the future. Also, I don't desire to commercialize my site with advertisements or prominent banner links. I think one reason why my site is so popular (in terms of the number of sites that link to mine) is that it is not commercialized like many sites out there. Now, I do offer my book, CD-ROM, and DVD for sale on my site, but the bulk of the site is a collection of free resources and links to useful information available from others. In fact, I have refused offers by many to advertise on my site, and I have also refused to endorse selected products. Also, I have often refused to add requested links to my site if I thought they were inappropriate based on my site content.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr>I remember contacting you prior to exchanging a link with you and asking your permission.<hr /></blockquote>
I don't feel anybody should have to ask my permission to link to my site. In fact, I am grateful anytime I find sites that link to mine. If everybody who created a link to my site asked for permission, I would have lots of e-mail messages every week that I would prefer not have to answer.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr>Afterwards, I distinctly remember you refusing to provide a "prominent" (key word)reciprocal link to my website, and the link you provided was not to the main page of my site. You were not very receptive (IMO) and after a while, I just said the heck with it and removed the link to your DVD order form (from my main page, complete with pictures of your dvd's), and a link to your website remained elsewhere within my site, less prominenty displayed. I believe that was fair.<hr /></blockquote>
I am sorry you felt like you got a bum deal on this. I was very honored and grateful that you featured linked images to my site. I did not feel obligated (nor did I think it was appropriate based on my website focus) to reciprocate. I certainly don't feel it was unfair, nor do I have any bad feelings about you removing the prominent links to my site.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr>You have a wealth of great information that is extremely valuable to all pool players.<hr /></blockquote>
Thank you.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DSAPOLIS:</font><hr>In order to reach as many players as possible, you have to develop positive relationships with other people and network with them. A lot of people have promoted your website and your dvd's. In response, do the same for others and give them the same kind of respect you would hope to receive. Your success as well as their's depends upon your willingness to work together.<hr /></blockquote>
Again, I post things on my site based on what I think is appropriate based on my site's focus. I appreciate when others promote my stuff, but I will not go against my values to "develop a relationship" with them.

Respectfully,
Dave

PS: I just checked my link to your site and found that it is outdated. When I did a Google search, I came up with:
www.davidsapolis.com (http://www.davidsapolis.com)
However, I couldn't access the site. Please let me know where to find your website. I would like to update the link. If you would prefer that I remove it instead, please let me know by PM.

Cane
04-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Personally, I think everyone is getting their panties in a wad over nothing, but, I do have a business, non pool related. I have a website for it. I have a page of links on my website and each and ever link is a reciprocal link and was done with the permission of the owners of the other websites... that's just common courtesy.

As for linking to threads or info-links in the Bamboo Fly Rod world, nope, not me. Not because I don't want people to be able to easily find them, but because every bamboo rodmakers forum, just like every pool forum I've visited, has a sufficient search engine built into it so members can search for and find articles, postings, etc. To link to things like this constantly and post the links back to the forums is, in my opinion, nothing more than a tool to get people to my website, so I won't do it.

Now, Dave and I have met, and while not friends, we're certainly not enemies, and I have a lot of respect for his accumulations of knowledge, his HS videos, etc, but the constant references to links on his website to postings on this forum, IMO, serve no purpose other than to direct traffic to his website.

Sorry Dave, but I think you know me well enough to know I call it how I see it. If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.

Bob

dr_dave
04-13-2006, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>Personally, I think everyone is getting their panties in a wad over nothing<hr /></blockquote>
Agreed.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>Now, Dave and I have met, and while not friends, we're certainly not enemies, and I have a lot of respect for his accumulations of knowledge, his HS videos, etc, but the constant references to links on his website to postings on this forum, IMO, serve no purpose other than to direct traffic to his website.<hr /></blockquote>
Bob, I respect your opinion and will try to be sensitive to this.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>Sorry Dave, but I think you know me well enough to know I call it how I see it.<hr /></blockquote>
Bob, I'm also a straightforward person, and I appreciate that trait in others.

I hope we meet again soon so we can get to know each other better,
Dave

wolfdancer
04-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Dr. Dave, seems to me that the many links to your site...are just from folks that have gone there, picked up some useful, and FREE info....
while you have some things there for sale,it would be a stretch to conside the site a commercial enterprise..
If i did have a commercial site though....I'd be appreciative of any links to it....
Honda is getting more free "eyeballs" from their ad floating around the internet for free, then they might get on paid tv ad spots, which people use for bathroom breaks
I never knew of Jamision Neu before this thread, but I'll definately respect his wishes and avoid his website...
Also please remove the link to my "send me $1 and make millions" site....you never did mail in your $1

dr_dave
04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>Dr. Dave, seems to me that the many links to your site...are just from folks that have gone there, picked up some useful, and FREE info....<hr /></blockquote>
I think you are right. Many websites have links to my stuff, and very few have asked permission. That's what the "web" is all about ... creating as many connections as possible to help people find information fast and efficiently. If everybody had to ask permission to create links, we wouldn't have much of a web.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>while you have some things there for sale,it would be a stretch to conside the site a commercial enterprise..
If i did have a commercial site though....I'd be appreciative of any links to it....<hr /></blockquote>
I think most people agree with you on this point.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>Honda is getting more free "eyeballs" from their ad floating around the internet for free, then they might get on paid tv ad spots, which people use for bathroom breaks<hr /></blockquote>
Are you talking about the video of interacting car parts that's been around for years, or have they release something new? If so, I want to see it ... the first was (and still is) awesome. If people are interested, I have the first posted in the "Dynamics" section of my general (non billiards and non commercial) video demonstrations website (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/video_demos/). Check it out, especially if you like car stuff.

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave
04-13-2006, 01:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cane:</font><hr>As for linking to threads or info-links ...
every pool forum I've visited, has a sufficient search engine built into it so members can search for and find articles, postings, etc. To link to things like this constantly and post the links back to the forums is, in my opinion, nothing more than a tool to get people to my website<hr /></blockquote>
Bob,

The threads summary area of my website serves several purposes. I started it because I was often frustrated by the search capabilities of the CCB forum software. Often, I would want to find a past post by searching for key words, and hundreds of messages and threads would come up, and I would waste a ton of time trying to wade through the results to find what I was looking for, often with no success. Now, when I read something I think is new, insightful, or interesting that I might want to reference in the future, I add a link to the post. This has saved me lots of time.

The other reason why I maintain the page is that it serves as a source of information for readers of my Billiards Digest articles. I often refer readers to postings and threads to encourage them to explore additional information and perspectives. My website just makes it easy for the readers to find the information.

Regards,
Dave

DickLeonard
04-13-2006, 02:23 PM
BlackJack still from an old poolplayers perspective people who couldn't play played trickshots. Mosconi,Crane,Caras,Ponzi etc all finished their shows with a few trick shots. There was only Charley Peterson who had a trickshot show. Most trickshot artist today have won more money than Mosconi,Crane,Caras,and Ponzi combined in their lifetime. ####
PS an orchestra's version on a trickshot artist.
In the Orchestra when someone cannot play their instrument they give them drumsticks and have them play the drums.

When he can't play the drums they take one drumstick away and make him the Conductor.

JamisonNeu
04-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Gentleman,
I am not just a trickshot artist I can play a little ask Keith Mcready, Dennis Hatch or Chailie Bryant all of which I recently played for the cash. First time I gambled in 9 months. If you were at Valley Forge you probably saw me winning in the pit. I am not trying to boast or say anything other than I think I have a well rounded game always getting better. I just think trick shots are the best part of pool. I am always smiling when I make a good masse shot. The way I look at it is tricks are the total offense game in cue sports. You never get to lay up and no matter how easy or tough the shot you must try hard or it will fail you. I have respect for all cue sports and have played every game and with some of the top pro's somtimes I even won sometimes I lost but, that is pool. I personnaly don't like fighting for the same pay check so, I have not joined any competition this season and might not unless the cut-throat way of it goes away. I love pool with all of my heart every game and will no matter what. Even if I am the last person playing the game. I love to make people smile now and in pool in order for one person to smile someone else has to frown. I lived my whole life making others frown pool is all I know. I am done with that lifestyle. I would rather loose every game till I die than make one more person frown. I can't always do it but, this is what I want to do. I am sorry to everyone I pissed off and on during this thread I hope that someday I get to make some of you smile too.
Jamison Neu

Steve Lipsky
04-14-2006, 06:26 AM
It is almost hard to believe that the person who wrote this last message is the same who wrote the first. Very nice post, Jamison, and I'm happy we got to see this side of you.

- Steve

PoolSharkAllen
04-14-2006, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> BlackJack still from an old poolplayers perspective people who couldn't play played trickshots. Mosconi,Crane,Caras,Ponzi etc all finished their shows with a few trick shots. There was only Charley Peterson who had a trickshot show. Most trickshot artist today have won more money than Mosconi,Crane,Caras,and Ponzi combined in their lifetime. ####
PS an orchestra's version on a trickshot artist.
In the Orchestra when someone cannot play their instrument they give them drumsticks and have them play the drums.

When he can't play the drums they take one drumstick away and make him the Conductor. <hr /></blockquote>

Dick, I think you're being too harsh on trick shot artists like Jamison. Although trick shots in pool might be considered to be similar to performing "magic tricks" by magicians, many people do enjoy them too for the artistry it involves. Trick shots can be difficult to perform and take many hours of practice to master.

nhp
04-18-2006, 04:49 AM
All I see in this thread is you complaining about someone who thought he was doing you a favor, and then going off on a tangent about how good you play, and how you are such a great trickshot artist. You like to make people smile, that's great. The problem is that you come off like a total jerk with an ego problem. I visited your site once, was impressed, and momentarily became a fan of yours. Now that you have shown your true colors, it's become quite the opposite. Bleh.

DickLeonard
04-18-2006, 05:02 AM
PoolsharkAllen I sorry you think I am being harsh on trickshot artists. I also think playing 9ball/7ball is like Pro-Golfers having to play minature golf to speed the game up.####