PDA

View Full Version : Is 38-40" between tables enough?

bsmutz
04-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm trying to figure out if I can put my pool and snooker tables in the same room. If I keep them close to the wall (60-61") I'll end up with 38-40" between the two tables. I put a pool chair at 38" with the cushion about the same height as a table and it seemed like I could play okay off the rail. I would have to shorten my stance a bit and maybe kind of prop my butt on the rail of the adjacent table to get a little more distance. It also seems like your back foot could go back under the table a ways. It seems like I've played in bars and such where the tables were this close, but wanted to find out if there is a rule of thumb or a minimum recommended distance. I'm not leaving much room from the walls, so I can't squeeze anymore room in the middle. What do you think, will it be okay?

Billy_Bob
04-11-2006, 01:10 PM
I think it is best to be sure you have enough room between the walls and a table. You can stick your leg under the other table if needed and can bring your cue back over the other table. Can't do this with a wall.

Might want to place masking tape on the floor and try out all directions first.

bsmutz
04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
I have the minimum required distance from the walls. Don't even have to worry about the ends. And I think I figured that only 70" of the two tables will overlap (end of one table to end of adjacent table). That leaves 30" on the pool table and 36" on the snooker table with no obstruction from the table next to it. It's the 70" in the middle I'm concerned about. And Billy Bob, you are going to come up and play some snooker sometime, aren't you? Ever make it to the big city?

Billy_Bob
04-11-2006, 11:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> ...And Billy Bob, you are going to come up and play some snooker sometime, aren't you? Ever make it to the big city? <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for the offer. Seattle? Vancouver?

For snooker I'd have to get out my binoculars so I could see where the pocket is!

I'd like it if you lived near me and I could come over regularly and learn to play snooker. There's only one public snooker table around here and that is 35 miles away. So I can count on one hand the times I have played on a snooker table. I did make a long bank shot once on a snooker table. Other than that, I'm quite terrible. Lucky to make one ball even with the binoculars!

Around here all the tournaments are on bar tables. (Rural area and small/medium towns.) So I am concentrating on bar table 8-ball.

Billy_Bob
04-11-2006, 11:20 PM
P.S. I have a video from Europe where a guy "breaks and runs out" on a snooker table. I forget the terminology for this. But that is incredible to say the least...