PDA

View Full Version : Bird Flu And Billiard Events

Sid_Vicious
04-12-2006, 06:11 AM
What if the bird flu jumps to humans...would you still stay involved in large venues, national tournaments and the such where you handle CBs, shake hands with opponents, etc.???sid

Deeman3
04-12-2006, 06:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What if the bird flu jumps to humans...would you still stay involved in large venues, national tournaments and the such where you handle CBs, shake hands with opponents, etc.???sid <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Yes, I'd probabaly still go to large venues, even go to work on a regular basis. We all gotta go, and worry and avoidance only prolongs the agony. </font color>

Deeman

Rich R.
04-12-2006, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> What if the bird flu jumps to humans...would you still stay involved in large venues, national tournaments and the such where you handle CBs, shake hands with opponents, etc.???sid <hr /></blockquote>
Sid, every day, I go to work in a building with several thousand other people. Most tournaments would be a step down, from that amount. If I go to work every day, I may as well go to the tournaments.

SPetty
04-12-2006, 08:14 AM
I gotta tell ya, I've attended several women's tournaments lately, with upwards of 60 women in one room with one bathroom. I'm really flabbergasted at how many women don't wash their hands after using the facilities! I'd be much more concerned with getting one of those fecal borne illnesses than bird flu!

I try to wash my hands with soap after every match. I thought of carrying a little bottle of that hand sanitizer stuff, but that seems extreme.

I'd like to see (I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) one of those germ tests done on pool balls!

Rich R.
04-12-2006, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'd like to see (I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) one of those germ tests done on pool balls! <hr /></blockquote>
I don't think you really want to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rich R.
04-12-2006, 08:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'd like to see (I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) one of those germ tests done on pool balls! <hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I don't think you really want to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>
PS.
Some time ago, one of the morning news shows did some testing around their own office. They found higher concentrations of germs on the personal work areas, and on the phones, in people's work cubicles, than they found in the rest rooms. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I have very little hand to hand contact with workers, whereas in pool, common equipment is transferred,,,balls especially, and handshakes. If life is threatened and at my 50+ year age bracket, it would probably thin out lots of us oldies once caught...sid

SPetty
04-12-2006, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I have very little hand to hand contact with workers...<hr /></blockquote>Maybe more than you think! It's common in almost every place I've ever worked that many many workers, if not all, use the same door knob or door handle to get into the work space. I have one of those extreme co-workers who, upon entry, goes straight to his desk to slather on the hand sanitizer after having touched that doorknob.

Sid_Vicious
04-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I still contend that the most contageous contacts are the immediate touch(hanshaking) and handing off(CB bihs) rather than a common doorknob. Jm2c...sid

Drop1
04-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Shouldn't the women be worring about yeast?

Sid_Vicious
04-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Naaa, I've never been bothered with the "ahem" close delectable encounters over the years. You can't get in any more of a contaminating threshold than that!!!sid

Deeman3
04-12-2006, 01:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Naaa, I've never been bothered with the "ahem" close delectable encounters over the years. You can't get in any more of a contaminating threshold than that!!!sid <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

Sid,

Let's see, you don't worry about intimate contact but have trouble shaking hands with others. Sid, this may be the reason you have all these concerns and worries all the time.

"Let's see, I'm certainly not going to shake hands with the guy next to me at work but I'll pork the lady working the night counter at Taco Bell, no problem."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Deeman
Thinks Sid may be washing the wrong parts of his body...JK /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan
04-12-2006, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> I'd like to see (I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) one of those germ tests done on pool balls! <hr /></blockquote>
I don't think you really want to know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I recently saw a tournament player lick a cueball and then polish it on his pants, trying to remove a mark.

SpiderMan