PDA

View Full Version : Can you identify the people in this photo?

BillPorter
04-13-2006, 06:36 AM
I posted this same pic on AZ Billiards and most of the people in the photo were eventually identified. Can you name at least three of them? http://bfanta0.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/oldpic.jpg

Bumps
04-13-2006, 07:09 AM
Looks like Grady Matthews holding the cue, Mike Lebron against the far wall next to the sitting girl, who MIGHT be Billy Billing. Some of the others look familier, but I'm not sure.

BooBoo
04-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Looks like Freddy the Beard next to Grady and Kim Davenport behind Efren.

BillPorter
04-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Freddie and Grady are right on target, but that's not Kim D. It's a guy known as "Airport Steve."

BigRigTom
04-13-2006, 01:11 PM
Cool OLD Picture!
Grady and Freddie and are you confirming Efren?
Also what was the date and location of that photo?
Who playing at the time (obviously out of the frame to the right)?
Do you know?

BillPorter
04-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Taken in 1986 at a tournament in Lexington or Richmond, KY. Yes, I'll confirm that is Efren. He had just been in this country a short while.

Ed Wiggins
04-13-2006, 06:55 PM
The partially hidden face in the corner behind Grady looks like Tex (Calhoun) Kelleher, who hung around that part of Kentucky not too long ago.

Ed

theinel
04-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Just a guess but the one to the left of Grady looks a little like Howard Vickery.

denoandrews
04-14-2006, 02:45 PM
The guy standing in front of the door with hands in pockets looks like Dennis Deickman the cue maker. I am not positive that it is him, but that was my first thought.
Deno

Fran Crimi
04-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Is that Larry Liscotti to Grady's left? BTW, that's definitely not Billie Billing on the far right.

A young Efren, back when he was fooling everyone as Caesar Morales.

Fran

BillPorter
04-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Yep, that's "Caesar" alrighty. Heck, I don't know everyone in the photo myself even though I took the shot. I just posted it because I thought people might have a little fun trying to guess who everyone was. Did you notice Mike LeBron?

Voodoo Daddy
04-14-2006, 05:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BillPorter:</font><hr> Freddie and Grady are right on target, but that's not Kim D. It's a guy known as "Airport Steve." <hr /></blockquote>

Sure is Airport...and the dude with the plaid shirt is "Kentucky Jim"...who was with Airport. I tried to look the likeness of Calhoun Kelleher but that fella is way too tall, Bill is a smaller man and almost always wore a Cowboy hat when he wasnt playin'!!

BillPorter
04-14-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, that's "Kentucky Jim" or Jimmy Zhender. I think he was racking for the game in progress.

Fran Crimi
04-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Yup, I saw Uncle Mike right away. I wonder if he was friends with Efren yet. He may have just been sizing him up at that time.

Fran

BillPorter
04-14-2006, 06:56 PM
I can't recall whether Mike and Efren interacted much at that tournament. I seem to recall that Mike kind of took Efren under his wing for a while.

Scott Lee
04-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey Deno...Good to see you posting here. Can you PM or email me your email address? I've got a couple of things I wanted to talk to you about, but don't want to bring them up here on the forum! Thanks...

Scott Lee
email: poolology@aol.com