PDA

View Full Version : Vegas, FINALLY!

Stretch
04-13-2006, 07:50 AM
Just thought i'd pass along the happy news. My team won the TRIP last night! It was a gut wrenching final that went down to the last round. We pulled it off thought and i've been walking on air ever since /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hopefully there will be lots of ccb'ers there. It would be great to meet everyone! St

Billy_Bob
04-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Good job!

Want to share any tips for things your team did right? Do you practice as a team? Do you support each other? What does your team do when someone loses a match? Etc.

supergreenman
04-13-2006, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy_Bob:</font><hr> Good job!

Want to share any tips for things your team did right? Do you practice as a team? Do you support each other? What does your team do when someone loses a match? Etc.
<hr /></blockquote>
When our teammates lose, we normally take them outside and flog them till they've repented thier sins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

James

Snapshot9
04-13-2006, 08:35 AM
When I was out there, we ran into teams (I think Minnesota, Michigan area) that had been playing together for 6-7 years, and they 'practiced' at one of the team members house 3 times a week for 3-4 hours besides playing their normal league matches.
Kind of gives new meaning to 'Taking it serious', doesn't it?

tjlmbklr
04-13-2006, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> When I was out there, we ran into teams (I think Minnesota, Michigan area) that had been playing together for 6-7 years, and they 'practiced' at one of the team members house 3 times a week for 3-4 hours besides playing their normal league matches.
Kind of gives new meaning to 'Taking it serious', doesn't it? <hr /></blockquote>

WOW! my ol' lady can't even stand me to play 2 hrs. a week in my pool room with out making a fuss.

SPetty
04-13-2006, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> My team won the TRIP last night! <hr /></blockquote>Congratulations, Stretch! Is it BCA, APA, TAP, ACS or VNEA? (Did I miss any?)

wolfdancer
04-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Stretch, congratulations on a job well done!!!!
You'll have a ball in Vegas...Best of luck when you guys get there!!!!

Barbara
04-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Congrats Stretch!! You'll be able to thaw out. When is it and like SPetty asked, which league is it for?

Barbara

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> Just thought i'd pass along the happy news. My team won the TRIP last night! It was a gut wrenching final that went down to the last round. We pulled it off thought and i've been walking on air ever since /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hopefully there will be lots of ccb'ers there. It would be great to meet everyone! St <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Congratulations St.

A few tips as you are a first timer.

The well dressed ladies in the lobby that are "looking for a date" have probably got arrangements in mind that you are not aware of.

Don't ask anyone in the tournament rooms to "Pimp my Cue."

If you buy a 4 lb. lobster for $10.99 don't complain if it's not warm.

Look around you, there are also 4,000 other people who can shoot.

If someone stars talking about smelling Canadian Bacon, hold on to your wallet.

Buy a new cue or case while you are there, win or lose you should have something of value to take home with you.

Don't let those Texas girls BS you, they can shoot (see SPetty).

Have a really great time, you never know if you'll make it back.

Shoot lights out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman

kyle
04-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Stay away from the cheap hot dogs at circus circus, and don't drink the water!

Rip
04-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Congratulations Stretch! (it's about damn time!)
I hope to meet you while you're in town. The first round is always on me!
Rip

Stretch
04-14-2006, 03:58 AM
Thankyou everyone for the well wishes!

-Snapshot, yes i know there will be tuff teams there that are established and motivated. But we can compete with anyone i feel. This is a VERY tuff League here. If you can play well here, you'll do well anywhere as teams from here have proven over and over in the past. Although this is my first time to the big show the rest of the guys are Vegas Veterans /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-SPetty it's the ACS now up here in Nova Scotia.

-Thanks Barbara and Wolf, haveing fun is wut it's all about! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dee, all good advice! especialy about not knowing if i'll make it back. So i'll be savouring every moment.

-Kyle, where u been hiding buddy? I don't see u around Town anymore. No worry's about the food and drink there. I hate hot dogs, and the only water passing these lips is going to be distilled /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rip! lol ya it's WAY PAST time i figure. You'll have to let me know how to get in touch with you. Could sure use a friendly local to steer me right. St.

Terry
04-15-2006, 05:04 AM
Congratulations Stretch,I'm sure you'll have a blast. You can tell me how it was some time down the road when we meet at a tournament as I was never there myself. I was at a tournament last week and a fellow told me that I should go to vegas and take Jessica with me but with no leagues here ( to win a paid trip )it would be hard to justify to momma and the rest of the family why two of us are going on a trip to Vegas and their staying home, and it's too expensive to take everyone. Anyways, I hope you have a super time and meet lots of ccb'ers. Terry

AndreaWilson
04-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi Stretch, We'll see ya in June! Our league at this end of the country is dual sanctioned, so we're down there for 10 days in May for BCA and again for 10 days in June for ACS. It's always nice to meet people from the other end of the country. I was lucky last summer to meet Terry and his daughter Jessica while in Montreal for the CBSA National 9 Ball Championships. As long as you remain very observant of the people around you, you will have a great time down in Vegas. If you don't, then it's probably what you ate or you can look in the mirror at yourself. HA! See ya there!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stretch
04-15-2006, 02:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr> Hi Stretch, We'll see ya in June! Our league at this end of the country is dual sanctioned, so we're down there for 10 days in May for BCA and again for 10 days in June for ACS. It's always nice to meet people from the other end of the country. I was lucky last summer to meet Terry and his daughter Jessica while in Montreal for the CBSA National 9 Ball Championships. As long as you remain very observant of the people around you, you will have a great time down in Vegas. If you don't, then it's probably what you ate or you can look in the mirror at yourself. HA! See ya there!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Well we'll see u there kiddo! At 6'5" it's hard to hide. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know it's going to be crazy, but i'll make a point to seek out the BC teams. You guys (and girls) traditionaly are very strong. Looking forward to hoisting a few celebratory drinks with ya. Kick Butt!

And Terry, thanks for the well wishes buddy. I'll be armed with my new digital Camera and will have pics of everything and everyone! I should have some good stories to recount as well. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif, if not, i'll just make some up lol. St. &lt;&lt; never lets the facts stand in the way of a good story &gt;&gt;

AndreaWilson
04-15-2006, 10:08 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm looking forward to meeting you. Our Master Women's Team has chosen BCA this year so my hubby and I are going for all the singles, scotch and 9 ball stuff with ACS but no teams. The fun part is that June 10 is our Wedding Anniversary and the 15th is his birthday. That is the day the team stuff gets under way so, being that we have an offer from the Venetian for a free suite for 3 nights we will be moving from the Riviera to the Venetian that day. Hopefully we will be able to hook up during the singles events. See Ya There!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Terry
04-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Hi Andrea, I enjoyed meeting you last year at Nationals as well. I also enjoyed watching you play although I only got to watch one of your matches it was a good one. I'm sure we'll meet again somewhere down the road. Good Luck in Vegas. Terry

CarolNYC
04-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Ahem Stretch,
Are we talking about May?
Sorry I havent been around-my computer broke-the fan messed up and I just recently got it back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So..........congratulations to your team and I hope your talking May!!!!!
Maybe we can all meet at the Splash bar,AGAIN......RIP?
Carol~leaving for San Diego tomorrow-will check back alittle later /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stretch
04-18-2006, 08:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Ahem Stretch,
Are we talking about May?
Sorry I havent been around-my computer broke-the fan messed up and I just recently got it back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So..........congratulations to your team and I hope your talking May!!!!!
Carol~leaving for San Diego tomorrow-will check back alittle later /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Awwwwww Toots /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I would love to say May, but the ACS National 8-ball runs from June 10th to 17th. That's' the one i'm in on. Figures eh? St.

pooljunkie73
04-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Congratulations !!!!! Wish I was going down there to play. But I will be there in July for the WSOP /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Does your first name happen to be Colin?

Kent

CarolNYC
04-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Boo-hoo,
No harm in wishful thinking though,huh?:(:(
Anyways, I wish you and your team the VERY best-go gettum my star-Im proud of you and I'll talk to you soon,okay?

All my best,
Carol~one day will meet with her shining star /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Terry
04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi Kent, I seen the charts from the Thorne and I didn't see Stretch's name on the charts. You might be thinking that Stretch was the long fellow that lost hill-hill to Dempsey at the Thorne,( or the other Colin from NS that was there ) which he isn't. I would've liked to make it back to the Thorne this year but I just couldn't pull it off. Terry

Rip
04-18-2006, 08:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>

Hi Carol,
You name the date and time for the Splash Bar and I'm there! I'm looking forward to seeing you and other CCB'rs soon.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Rip~but it's a dry heat!

<hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
04-19-2006, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Terry:</font><hr> Hi Kent, I seen the charts from the Thorne and I didn't see Stretch's name on the charts. You might be thinking that Stretch was the long fellow that lost hill-hill to Dempsey at the Thorne,( or the other Colin from NS that was there ) which he isn't. I would've liked to make it back to the Thorne this year but I just couldn't pull it off. Terry <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Terry, Kent is probably thinking about Colin MacDonald. I played him 2 weeks ago in a tournament (lost) and man i'm lookin up at him. He's got to be 6'8" and skinny as a rail lol. Him and Colin Maloney travel around together it's funny to see them walking in cause Maloney's only 5ft. nothing. He shoots great too!

I'm haveing a blast playing all those guys now. Dave Boone, Patty (Boo-boo)Briand, Billy Meuse, Brian White. It was Brian actually that got me on to his Vegas League Team when Shawn Miller hurt his back. Playing those guys in Tournaments around town his really upped my game this year. I also play the big Metro Leauge here. last year my average was a respectable 72%. This year i finished at 80.02 good for 3rd overall! So Vegas is like the iceing on the cake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

mikeindayton
04-20-2006, 02:20 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Congrats! Its cool to hear that so many people from this forum are going to be in Las Vegas competeing in the Nationals. I to will be there and I am hoping to meet some of the people that I see post. I will be easy to find, My Team and I have the Brighest Pumpkin orange shirts as team shirts, Predators is the name, pool playin is the game. Hope to see ya all there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pooljunkie73
04-21-2006, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Terry:</font><hr> Hi Kent, I seen the charts from the Thorne and I didn't see Stretch's name on the charts. You might be thinking that Stretch was the long fellow that lost hill-hill to Dempsey at the Thorne,( or the other Colin from NS that was there ) which he isn't. I would've liked to make it back to the Thorne this year but I just couldn't pull it off. Terry <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Terry, Kent is probably thinking about Colin MacDonald. I played him 2 weeks ago in a tournament (lost) and man i'm lookin up at him. He's got to be 6'8" and skinny as a rail lol. Him and Colin Maloney travel around together it's funny to see them walking in cause Maloney's only 5ft. nothing. He shoots great too!

I'm haveing a blast playing all those guys now. Dave Boone, Patty (Boo-boo)Briand, Billy Meuse, Brian White. It was Brian actually that got me on to his Vegas League Team when Shawn Miller hurt his back. Playing those guys in Tournaments around town his really upped my game this year. I also play the big Metro Leauge here. last year my average was a respectable 72%. This year i finished at 80.02 good for 3rd overall! So Vegas is like the iceing on the cake. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah I thought you might have been Colin MacDonald. I have played the both of them in the Easterns, both are good shooters.

Kent

AndreaWilson
04-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Hi Terry
Sorry to respond so late. I remember that match well. I was playing Maryann McConnell, my mentor. That's always hard and of course, she knows my weak points. She won, but it was still a good match and it was nice to see that I can make her squirm. I don't know that we'll make the Canadian Nationals this year since they had a last minute change from Edmonton to further East. We already have a lot of travel on our plate this year. CCS Westerns May 10/11 in Calgary, BCA - Vegas in May, ACS - Vegas in June, CCS Nationals in Toronto in July as well as BCA Cdn Nationals in Winnipeg in July (hopefully). So you see, we'll be pretty pooped by the end of all of that. I'm sure our paths will cross again soon. Until then, I hope all goes well for you and your family. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif