PDA

View Full Version : Good way to clean a Irish Linen wrap.

tjlmbklr
04-13-2006, 09:41 AM
I know that this has been asked, but I did a search and could not find anything on it. I have a wrap that has the smell of smoke from league nights, and I am sure it has a little dirt on it too. Funny thing is I don't even grab on the wrap with my long reach, but I am sure if I saw a picture of the cue as new I would probably notice it was claner then.

SPetty
04-13-2006, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> I know that this has been asked, but I did a search and could not find anything on it. <hr /></blockquote>Maybe it's time for a quick "How To Search" lesson?

On the search page, select the forum of interest. The safest bet is always All Forums, because that will find stuff in the Archives as well as stuff in the CCB. The words to search for in your case might be "clean" and "linen" or maybe "clean" and "wrap". No quotes, please.

If you use more than one word and you aren't looking for the exact phrase, you'll want to change the Search options to "And" rather than the default "Entire Phrase", and here's the part I think most folks miss: Change the date range! It defaults to only a week past. Make it bigger - I often use "All posts". When I do that, though, I change the Number of results to show per page to something larger than 25.

That oughta do it!

bsmutz
04-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Wrap it in Dr. Scholl's odor-eaters for a week, then leave it out in the sun for a day or so. No more nasty cigarette odors! Rubbing it with tomato or lemon juice will get rid of skunk, too (just in case).