View Full Version : Need help finding vinyl strip around a coin table

04-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Hello all,
I just restored a nice bar table from the late 50s or 60s, but I need to find a new strip of vinyl for it. The vinyl was inserted into the channel which went all around the table. It was used to cover the rail screws. Anyone have a clue where I can buy the vinyl? http://boygold.com/images/vinyl.jpg

04-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I used some trim like that on a boat. It was called a rubstrip. If you can't match it, you might be able to purchase a different style.

04-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Try searching for weather stripping, if you haven't already. There are a few companies that make a variety of profiles in vinyl and rubber or if you send them a sample, may be able to duplicate. A thin strip of wood veneer might work? Another alternative might be to ask one of the places that refurbishes old pool tables. There is a link on this site in one of the old threads to a place back east that specializes in this task and has been referred to several times as a good place to get information on restoration products. Do a search for antique pool tables and you should be able to find it, either on this site or using Google/Metacrawler/Yahoo.

04-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Steve, Charlie is right... try a marine supply house. A friend of mine has an old 8' coin op table and the vinyl strip on it was trash. We went to a Marine Supply house in Arkansas and they had the same width strip in every color under the sun. Just take a piece of the old trim along.


04-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Are you the "Airport Steve" from THIS PHOTO (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=223274&page =0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1) ?


04-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the replies and help /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. That photo looks like me, but I do not remember anyone taking it. If it is of me, it was at least 15 years ago, I would say. If it was taken lately, 'taint me. My hair is silver now.

04-14-2006, 06:36 AM
At a quick glance, the strip looks similar to a seal used on the cubicles in the office I used to work in. The seal fit in a slot to give it a "clean" look. Maybe check some office supply stores that carry cubicles/office furniture.