PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick note

sack316
04-14-2006, 04:27 AM
hey all, just a quick little message here to let y'all know how much I appreciate you all and that everyone here is special to me.

My newest of friends Scott, sorry I couldn't get together with you this week, but somehow just talking with you on the phone apparently got my game back right... been shooting the lights out since our chat. Man you are a good instructor! Can't wait to see what happens when we actually work on pool!

Deeman, it's been great getting to know you since ya moved back. You and Mrs. Deeman are a blast, and can't wait until we all get together again!

Wendy and Debra, you girls are just an absolute riot and have been wonderful to talk to when I've needed anything.

And everyone else as well, whether I've gotten to know you directly or indirectly through this board. Long conversations or quick replies... thank you and you all mean the world to me.

Sorry this sounds so sappy, and no I'm not going anywhere! Just every once in a while it's good to take a step back and evaluate what is important, and the company you keep (physically and elecronically I guess /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) Not quite a week ago those of us in the Montgomery area lost a good friend in all the poolhalls due to a tragic car accident. Although I wouldn't say I was close to him, I still considered him a friend. He was vibrant and energetic, always laughing and singing, and I don't think there's a thing in this world he wouldn't do for somebody else. A lot of people around here are shaken up over this loss, and things won't be the same for a long time... if ever.

So anyway, today was the service for our fallen friend. It's unfortunate that it seems to take things like this happening to make us take stock and tell others our feelings. But it does remind us that you really never know when or how that time would come, and you should always make sure those you do care about know that you do in fact care-- lest you may never get the chance. So take that extra minute or two out of your day today to shake a hand, give a hug, or just let someone know that you love them.

RIP Eric,

Sack

Deeman3
04-14-2006, 06:03 AM
Sack,

You are so right. I marvel at the many people that have touched my life and that I have lost or lost touch with over time. On occasion, it is nice to thank everyone for the many contributions of advice, friendship and thoughtfulness they show. Those of us blessed with good friends, great parents and wonderful kids have actually achieved the things in life that are really important.

I often think that if I die tomorrow, a real possibility at 53, I can't complain one bit about my life. The support of good people, the Grace of God and a good woman are just extra life has thrown in for me. Pool has been another bonus. In a way, it ties togehter many of the people that have become important to me.

We are all lucky to live in a time when life is so interesting and, despite its hardship, worth living to the fullest each and every day.

Deeman
adding my thanks to Sack316 and all the others

SpiderMan
04-14-2006, 06:59 AM
You guys are making me cry.

SpiderMan

Deeman3
04-14-2006, 07:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> You guys are making me cry.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Spiderman,

Of course, Sack and I were referring to everyone in the world and on the CCB except you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Deeman

Rich R.
04-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Sack, "Sappy" is an understatement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And, just so you know, I like you too and I am very proud of your personal accomplishments. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
04-14-2006, 12:23 PM
I've always complimented this board for one thing in particular...you can be sappy and people care enough to really understand. I too am living my life differently today than I did in the past. I figure that the unknown makes today maybe the best it's going to get, so excluding being a foolish spender or a danger to myself(well a little sometimes), I LIVE, and I appreciate good friends! Be it going from 60-120mph in 3 seconds after dropping to a lower gear on a crotch rocket, or kicking up a healthy bet in money pool, just go for it. Each day after this one may be a day you sit and wonder, "Why didn't I put myself out there?" "What did dedicating myself to the work do for me in the long run?" "Why didn't I hug my mom one more time?"

Live folks, cuz one day you may find yourself with no mobility and the state services taking care of you after all your saved up money has evaporated very quickly due to your needed care. My little brother, a professional PT, taught me that after he observed all of the seniors he saw, of whom, he many times donated his services, and many times was paid in garden vegatables by those he grew to love. I'm tellin' ya, life is worth living RIGHT now, don't wait...sid

Gayle in MD
04-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Sir, /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Thanks for a beautiful post. I hope all is going well for you, and I don't think you're sappy, either. When all is said and done, the only thing that matters is love, for oneself, and for all others. Reminders from friends about the value of life are always welcomed, and worthwhile.

Sorry about your friend's death. I hope he had a great life.

Gayle in Md.