PDA

View Full Version : China

Drop1
04-14-2006, 08:00 AM
The Chinese government announced today,that Chinese individuals,and companies will be allowed to invest abroad. The stated hope is that this move in the long run will push up the value of the yuan. The Bush government welcomed the news. Individuals would be limited to investing twenty thousand U.S. dollars a year. Now what does this really mean in the long run. The Yuan as the dominate world currency, Chinese companies acting as fronts for Chinese government investments,that could change the entire world economic balance,over time. We will have globalization,but it will be a Chinese world. One fact that amazed me is the Chinese save thirty percent of their house hold income.
Doughjay Ga Shin Sin I'm brushing up on my Chinese.

Drop1
04-14-2006, 12:32 PM
The other fact that amazes me is twelve reads,and no responses. A member of this forum once asked why I posted here to a bunch of pool players. I did not respond,because pool,and smarts go together. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

heater451
04-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Drop1,

What, exactly, are you asking for a response to, the part about China being able to seriously affect the world economy, or about Chinese workers being able to save 30% of their income, or something else?

It's kind of a vague post, and could ellicit many general answers, or it could become yet another polarized argument, and we will get to see many versions of the same arguments, relating to the "goodness" or "badness" of China, globalization, corporations, etc.

Do you personally have a commendment (<---need a better word here), or fear, to air about China's position as a world power, or are you comparing the lifestyle of a Chinese person to one in the U.S., or anywhere else?

Also, would you mind quoting your source for the 30% save-rate?

================================

Drop1
04-14-2006, 06:12 PM
The source was Los Angeles Times dated today. As to the response,that depends on the reader of the post,and their capacity to understand the implications of what the Chinese governments action will mean to globalization,and the position of China on the world stage. A simple sample would be China opening factories in Mexico,and shipping goods to the U.S. duty free. Of course when you post,it can open the door to other points of view,or denial of everything said.Posting is not risk free, but its better than no examination of where we are going. Bush said Iran is years away from a neuclear bomb. China makes them now,and has a good relationship with Iran. Does that mean China will sell bombs to Iran,probably not,but we need to be aware of the many scenarios that could be played.

pooltchr
04-14-2006, 08:27 PM
If China builds factories in Mexico, who will they get to work in them. All the unemployed Mexicans are having the welcome mat put out for them to come over here. If there were jobs available in Mexico, do you think maybe some might decide to stay there and work rather than come over here illegally? We need those illegals here to do the work that Americans won't do! Next thing you know, unemployed Americans will be moving to Mexico to find work! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

If anyone missed the sarcasim in the above comment, let me put it this way: If China wants to help build the Mexican economy, I don't see how that could be bad for us!!!!
Steve

Drop1
04-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I would urge China to pour money into Mexico. What I said was only what could be a possible scenario. I like China,and Mexico,but there are many possibilites,when a country has $850 billion dollars to spend. China has an agenda,and the idea is to figure out what it is. It could be a simple move to grease Bush,before the President of China visits the U.S. next week.

Chopstick
04-17-2006, 07:47 AM
I've been thinking about getting me a Chinese girlfriend. If they weren't fun then there wouldn't be a billion of em. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gayle in MD
04-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey, Drop, I read a thread of complaints on the POOL SIDE of this forum, people complaining about political posts on this side, LMAO, this country is going to hell in a hand basket, and there are people complaining about Americans talking, (POSTING) about the pressing issues of the day. Everytime I see one of those man on the street type interviews, I am appalled that people in this country are so apathetic about politics, and the issues of the day, especially at times like this...can you beat that?

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Didn't Vote For George Bush!

Drop1
04-17-2006, 10:56 AM
I think they know we are in trouble,and go into denial,and want to kill the messenger. Americans have never been at such risk,and at the same time so unwilling to connect the dots.

Gayle in MD
04-20-2006, 05:00 AM
Very true, and I wonder sometimes how much of the disconnect is partisan. It's hard to tell sometimes, really, whether the disconnect is apathetic, or partisan based. Seriously.

Gayle in Md.