PDA

View Full Version : where have all the pool players gone?

07-05-2002, 09:08 PM
I have driven past my local pool place and the parking lot is empty. Does the summer month's really take the pool players away, and put them Outside? Looking forward to the cooler month's and watching the players come back home!

SPetty
07-06-2002, 05:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Burne:</font><hr> I have driven past my local pool place and the parking lot is empty. <hr></blockquote>They're probably driving past it like you wondering the same thing. Maybe if one or more of you stopped, others would follow... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Chris Cass
07-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Hi,

It all dependant on where you live. If you live in a place where it snows in the winter. Then, they'll be on the golf course in the summer. If it's hot all yr round, they do both but on those really unbearable days, they'll be around. Unless of course your talking diehards like me. I'm there daily. hahaha

Regards,

C.C.

Tom_In_Cincy
07-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Pool has always suffered from lack of attendance in the summer.. too many other things to do outside.. golf, boating, fishing, just sitting on the deck.. people tend to visit more often.... and pool players realize this and know that the PH is only good in the summer for when it gets too hot outside.. some place cool, to play pool..

Vagabond
07-06-2002, 12:46 PM
Howdy folks,
All the boys have gone to watch the girls playing beach volleyball. cheers
Vagabond

07-07-2002, 04:35 AM
they all go to their summer cottage in the hamptons.

07-08-2002, 08:17 PM
You know pool players who have summer cottages in the Hamptons? Jesus, where do you play pool? LOL

07-09-2002, 09:38 AM
Yesterday, Mon, I played in the local open handicap tournament. I found out that would be the last Mon tournament until Sept. He said they will still be having the Thur 7 &amp; under handicap tournament throughout the summer. I guess they can't fill the open tournament with the better players during the summer. Only 16 players were there yesterday. That was the lowest in the about 2 months since I started watching and playing in that tournament. Hopefully the Thur tournament will continue throuhgout the summer months.

07-09-2002, 08:22 PM
Gone to moan, bitch and argue somewhere else, where there is a larger audience t play to.