PDA

View Full Version : More help in setting up the Motorcycle

Deeman3
04-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Last motorcycle post I asked how to carry my cue. Putting it across the handlebars worked out great but now I'm getting ready to mount the scabbard for my Russian Shorty 12 gauge double barreled shotgun. I am making a custom scabbard out of thick black chap leather and will run it up by the left fork. The shotgun will nest right behind the windshield on the left side. It's a tight fit but will work without rubbing any part of the bike and it will still let me turn the bike. Now I'll have to figure a new place to carry the cue case as it would interfer with the placement of the shotgun. It I tilt it back to make room for the cue case, it will interfer with other things while riding and will be hard to get out of the scabbard while moving.

My next place for the cue case might be in front of the saddle bag on the right side but Deewoman may have trouble riding on the back.

I mean, what do you give up, shotgun, cue or wife?

Deeman
Gee, enjoying Alabama a little more now.....

dg-in-centralpa
04-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Wife. The shotgun will never let you down nor will the cue but the wife...? Seriously, why not make a scabbord for the other side at the fork?

DG

eg8r
04-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Are you having a Terminator moment? Why on earth would you want to carry a shotgun on your motorcycle?

Ed

Deeman3
04-17-2006, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Are you having a Terminator moment? Why on earth would you want to carry a shotgun on your motorcycle?

Ed <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ed,
Because, if I don't attach it, it will fall off! Listen, why would you carry a shotgun in your truck? It will serve the same purpose on the bike as it did in the truck.

Gee, Ed, it would seem a solid right winger like you would support my right to defend my paint job. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman

Chopstick
04-17-2006, 02:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Are you having a Terminator moment? Why on earth would you want to carry a shotgun on your motorcycle?

Ed <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ed,
Because, if I don't attach it, it will fall off! Listen, why would you carry a shotgun in your truck? It will serve the same purpose on the bike as it did in the truck.

Gee, Ed, it would seem a solid right winger like you would support my right to defend my paint job. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Why not just go with a 44? That way you could lock in the saddle bag when you are in playing. You could put a hoslter in front of the speedo. I saw one of those old lever action shotguns on tv today. They're cool. It was a six shot.

Deeman3
04-17-2006, 02:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Are you having a Terminator moment? Why on earth would you want to carry a shotgun on your motorcycle?

Ed <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Ed,

Deeman <hr /></blockquote>

Why not just go with a 44? That way you could lock in the saddle bag when you are in playing. You could put a hoslter in front of the speedo. I saw one of those old lever action shotguns on tv today. They're cool. It was a six shot. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Chop,

I already have the .45 1911 automatic in the windshield bag. It's my conceiled carry weapon, the shotgun is just for planned events like a get togehter of a group and so on. I'll leave it at home when I'm out traveling.

You know there's not a lot to do in South Alabama. There is great comfort that I can gather with the "boys" and sit on the levy and blast snakes in the lake from the comfort of a Metric Cruiser.....

Deeman
Chopstick can remember killing snakes around Memphis...

</font color>

SpiderMan
04-18-2006, 05:55 AM
How do you plan to secure the gun when you're not with the bike? I carry a handgun in a fanny pack because I can lock it in my saddlebags if I go into a bar.

SpiderMan

Chopstick
04-18-2006, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>

<font color="blue">Chop,

I already have the .45 1911 automatic in the windshield bag. It's my conceiled carry weapon, the shotgun is just for planned events like a get togehter of a group and so on. I'll leave it at home when I'm out traveling.

You know there's not a lot to do in South Alabama. There is great comfort that I can gather with the "boys" and sit on the levy and blast snakes in the lake from the comfort of a Metric Cruiser.....

Deeman
Chopstick can remember killing snakes around Memphis...

</font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Well, in that case just make the scabboard detachable. You wouldn't be takin' a pool stick to a snake blastin' and you wouldn't need a shotgun at the pool hall. Unless, the pool hall was in Memphis.

Deeman3
04-18-2006, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> How do you plan to secure the gun when you're not with the bike? I carry a handgun in a fanny pack because I can lock it in my saddlebags if I go into a bar.

<font color="blue"> Spiderman,

I plan to only carry the shotgun in the scabbard when I'm going to an outdoor function where I won't leave the bike. Maybe Chopstick's idea of a removable one is best. Of cxourse, if I do make it back to Memphis, as Chopstick said, I'll need both to go to the Vapors but, of course, I'll just carry it in.

I did the fanny pack for while but I found it always stached away and hard ot get to on the bike. Now, I can just reach up in front of me and, Allah be phrased, I can have it in my infidel hand quicker than you can say "72 Virgins".

Would have been handy in Voodoo Village, but, as you know, I would not have really needed it. </font color>

Deeman
Friend of Spiderman, first to brave Voodoo Village unarmed....

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
04-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Say I don't know nuthin bout no motorcycles, what with being raised Catholic, an all...
But why don't you gets one a dem cute little side cars, and you could ride "shotgun" in it while the wife was driving and thinking about how much was your life ins policy worth?

eg8r
04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because, if I don't attach it, it will fall off! <hr /></blockquote> LOL, sometimes the most obvious answer is the toughest to see. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Listen, why would you carry a shotgun in your truck? It will serve the same purpose on the bike as it did in the truck.
<hr /></blockquote> No offense, I am not that country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I do not carry a weapon with me, however I totally appreciate your right to carry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

SpiderMan
04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> How do you plan to secure the gun when you're not with the bike? I carry a handgun in a fanny pack because I can lock it in my saddlebags if I go into a bar.

<font color="blue"> Spiderman,

I plan to only carry the shotgun in the scabbard when I'm going to an outdoor function where I won't leave the bike. Maybe Chopstick's idea of a removable one is best. Of cxourse, if I do make it back to Memphis, as Chopstick said, I'll need both to go to the Vapors but, of course, I'll just carry it in.

I did the fanny pack for while but I found it always stached away and hard ot get to on the bike. Now, I can just reach up in front of me and, Allah be phrased, I can have it in my infidel hand quicker than you can say "72 Virgins".

Would have been handy in Voodoo Village, but, as you know, I would not have really needed it. </font color>

Deeman
Friend of Spiderman, first to brave Voodoo Village unarmed....

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

I've heard that they pat you down at the door at the Vapors these days. If you don't have a gun or a knife, they issue you one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan (gonna post some of those Voodoo Village pictures one of these days)