PDA

View Full Version : Poolplayers wanted...

bsmutz
04-17-2006, 10:10 AM
This Memorial Day weekend, I would like to invite anyone interested to a pool and snooker extravaganza at my house in Battle Ground, Washington. My wife and I will provide lunch and breakfast, and will probably barbecue a couple of large London Broils with her awesome potato salad for dinner. We have two extra bedrooms and plenty of room for RVs or tent camping. I'm not much of a drinker (there will be some beer), so bring your own booze. There will also be darts and horseshoes (they call me Double Ringer). Come for the weekend, the day, or just stop by for a few hours. PM me or e-mail at the address in my profile if interested. Hope to meet some of you there!

wolfdancer
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Neat idea Bill.!!!

bsmutz
04-21-2006, 03:07 PM
ttt- Want to make sure everyone gets a chance to see this.

Samson
04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Travel from Denver to D.C. is problematic, but I think the idea is great. In fact, the reason I joined the forum was to find people to play pool.

Some Discussion Boards have a MEET Forum, where board members can organize events in their local area. Perhaps I'll make this suggestion to the Admin.

Billy
04-21-2006, 04:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Samson:</font><hr> Travel from Denver to D.C. is problematic, but I think the idea is great. In fact, the reason I joined the forum was to find people to play pool.

Some Discussion Boards have a MEET Forum, where board members can organize events in their local area. Perhaps I'll make this suggestion to the Admin. <hr /></blockquote>

certainly could be mistaken but I thought he was referring to Washington state

still a nice gesture, no doubt

jmo

Scott Lee
04-21-2006, 04:35 PM
He IS referring to Washington state. Bill lives just over the border, north of Portland...and this will be a great time for all who are able to attend.

Scott Lee

Samson
04-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Well then, that would shave 300 miles off the 1500 mile trip!

cueball1950
04-21-2006, 10:36 PM
We do have a meet and greet every year with people on this board. It is call the Annual International CCB Tournament at the U S Open every September. Alot of us get together and have dinner on Friday night and then on Saturday we go to Q-Masters and have our own little tournament and have a blast. You should come join us this year. watch this board for the announcements. We do not give money. Instead we give alot of neat prizes like cues, jump cues a beautiful replica trophy of the Open Trophy. The bottom line is, we all have FUN.....................mike

bsmutz
04-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Dang it, Scott, now I have to make sure they have a great time?!?! LOL, you sure know how to put the pressure on. I am aware of the CCB activities at the US Open, but for us west coasters, that would be an expensive undertaking. I would like to make it to a CCB gathering to meet everyone, but I don't have much desire to visit the east coast. I prefer the quiet and serenity of the country and since there aren't many opportunities for us Pacific North Westerners to get together, I thought I would throw this out there. I'm not really expecting much, but even if a couple of people show up, it will have been worth it to me. I'm inviting some league teammates and may throw up some invites at the local bars that have weekly tournaments. So far I have gotten some definite maybes from Wolfdancer and Billy_Bob. Which reminds me, I better make sure I remind them to come help set up the snooker table this Sunday, or I may never get those slates onto the table in time!

Scott Lee
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM
Heck Bill...how could they NOT have a good time? A full size pool AND snooker table...a barbeque...beer...what else do you need? Wish I could be there!

Scott