PDA

View Full Version : Neil Young --- My New Hero!



9 Ball Girl
04-19-2006, 08:30 AM
LOS ANGELES (April 18) - Veteran rocker Neil Young has recorded a protest album featuring an anti-Iraq war track with "a holy vow to never kill again" and a song titled "Let's Impeach the President," the singer said on Monday.

Read On... (http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles?id=20060417171709990001)

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

moblsv
04-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Neil is the man. I've been a huge Neil Young fan for as long as I've been listening to music.

hondo
04-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Neil's not the only one. Listen to recent CD's
by Steve Earle and Merle " Walkin on the Fightin
Side of Me" Haggard.

Gayle in MD
04-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks Wendy, let's hope this is only the beginning of a National cry for the removal of both George Bush, and Dick Cheney!

Always loved Neil Young, and also Crosby, Stills Nash and Young. Can't wait to hear the Impeachment song!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Isn't he a Canadian though? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
[ QUOTE ]
Comes A Time"

Comes a time
when you're driftin'
Comes a time
when you settle down
Comes a light
feelin's liftin'
Lift that baby
right up off the ground.

Oh, this old world
keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees
ain't layin' down
There comes a time.

You and I we were captured
We took our souls
and we flew away
We were right
we were giving
That's how we kept
what we gave away.

Oh, this old world
keeps spinning round
It's a wonder tall trees
ain't layin' down
There comes a time.

<hr /></blockquote>

Lester
04-20-2006, 03:41 AM
That's right Joey, just another example of someone "going to the bathroom" UPSTREAM from where he drinks.

It's not the first time either, he ticked off everybody south of the Mason-Dixon line years ago with "Southern Man".
I see getting the brain tumor removed didn't "cure" his problem.

Rich R.
04-20-2006, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Isn't he a Canadian though? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
<hr /></blockquote>Can't Canadians dislike war? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

catscradle
04-20-2006, 12:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> LOS ANGELES (April 18) - Veteran rocker Neil Young has recorded a protest album featuring an anti-Iraq war track with "a holy vow to never kill again" and a song titled "Let's Impeach the President," the singer said on Monday.

Read On... (http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles?id=20060417171709990001)

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

All I can say is ... "How did Neil Young get so old, when I stayed so young?"

Lester
04-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Sure Rich, he can dislike war and write songs that reflect that. But one song is entitled "Lets Impeach The President".

As a Canadian citizen, he doesn't even "have a dog in THAT fight", IMNSHO

He should take a lesson from Sinead O'conner and leave politics alone. (In case you don't remember----Sinead O'Conner tore a picture of the Pope in half before performing a song on Saturday Night Live. Reaction was almost immediate, I don't believe she has been able to perform live without being booed off the stage since.)

Lester
04-20-2006, 01:48 PM
catscradle wrote:
All I can say is ... "How did Neil Young get so old, when I stayed so young?"

%%%%%%%%

Obviously, he could afford the more expensive drugs back then, while all we could swing were "generic". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
04-20-2006, 01:56 PM
he bought a classic American company, Lionel Trains and I think it mearly broke him. I heard he for sure broke it by sending all the jobs to China. Not very nice of him.


Deeman

Lester
04-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I heard some "funny" things about him and Farm Aid too, but I can't remember the details. Again, must be those "generic" drugs. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich R.
04-21-2006, 03:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Sure Rich, he can dislike war and write songs that reflect that. But one song is entitled "Lets Impeach The President".

<font color="red">Not an original idea, but not a bad idea, IMHO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

As a Canadian citizen, he doesn't even "have a dog in THAT fight", IMNSHO

<font color="red">He is just expressing an opinion and, we all know, "opinions are like a##holes, everyone has one", including you and me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

He should take a lesson from Sinead O'conner and leave politics alone. (In case you don't remember----Sinead O'Conner tore a picture of the Pope in half before performing a song on Saturday Night Live. Reaction was almost immediate, I don't believe she has been able to perform live without being booed off the stage since.)

<font color="red">Sinead's big mistake was messing with religion, not politics. If she had torn a picture of the president in half, you wouldn't even remember her name right now. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Lester
04-21-2006, 06:44 AM
He is just expressing an opinion and, we all know, "opinions are like a##holes, everyone has one", including you and me.

And they ALL "stink" except mine, Rich! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lester
04-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Rich wrote:Sinead's big mistake was messing with religion, not politics. If she had torn a picture of the president in half, you wouldn't even remember her name right now.

<font color="blue"> And another thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif That just illustrates my point. Sinead "had a dog in that fight". Think about it, if she was Catholic and disagreed with the Pope, or if she was Irish Protestant and had been abused at the hands of Catholics, she had a reason to try and make her point of view known. Neil on the other hand doesn't have a valid "leg to stand on". JMHO
</font color>

moblsv
04-21-2006, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr>Neil on the other hand doesn't have a valid "leg to stand on". JMHO <hr /></blockquote>

Every person, animal and tree on this planet has a stake in what that moron is doing. (I meant Bush but the pope isn't helping things either)

Gayle in MD
04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey Lester,
You wouldn't by any chance be Republican, would you? Just wondering, you seem to share their general dictatorial attitudes toward people in this country having a right to speak their minds, LOL.

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Didn't Vote Fore George Bush! Can't wait to hear Neils Impeach The President

Rich R.
04-21-2006, 09:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Rich wrote:Sinead's big mistake was messing with religion, not politics. If she had torn a picture of the president in half, you wouldn't even remember her name right now.

<font color="blue"> And another thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif That just illustrates my point. Sinead "had a dog in that fight". Think about it, if she was Catholic and disagreed with the Pope, or if she was Irish Protestant and had been abused at the hands of Catholics, she had a reason to try and make her point of view known. Neil on the other hand doesn't have a valid "leg to stand on". JMHO
</font color> <hr /></blockquote>
Although moblsv already replied, I will reply in my own words.

With the advent of weapons of mass destruction, as well as terrorism, every person on this planet has "a dog" in the fight agaist war. No good can come from it, especially when our leaders lied to get us involved in the war.

Lester
04-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Gayle wrote:
Hey Lester,
You wouldn't by any chance be Republican, would you? Just wondering, you seem to share their general dictatorial attitudes toward people in this country having a right to speak their minds, LOL.

Ha ha, I already told you I'm a registered democrat. I fought for this country, as did my father before me so that you and ALL americans can say what they think. Neil Young is a Canadien and should STFU. He's a damn good musician and that's what he should stick to. When he trys to use his "popularity" to further a cause detrimental to this country, I invoke "my right" as an American to voice my disagreement. Nobody likes war, but when attacked we should not stand idly by and do nothing, it only encourages more attacks.

Lester
04-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Rich wrote:
With the advent of weapons of mass destruction, as well as terrorism, every person on this planet has "a dog" in the fight agaist war. No good can come from it, especially when our leaders lied to get us involved in the war.
%%%%%%%%
Rich, I would be the last one to advocate an armed conflict. The middle east has been a hot bed brewing since homeless Jews scratched out a country from the Sanai&lt;sp&gt; desert and called it Israel almost 60 years ago.

Iranians took hostages in the 70's and we did nothing,
terrorists blew up the Marine barracks in Beirut in the
80's, we rattled our sword but did nothing, suicide
bombers killed 19 sailors on a U.S. Destroyer in
Afghanistan, and terrorists tried to blow up the world
trade center in the 90's, and we did nothing.

Is it any wonder that Osama Bin Laden launched his "airplane attacks" on 9/11? He felt pretty sure that we wouldn't come after him. Now who do you think encouraged, financed and supplied all the different terrorist groups that did these acts? Saddam paid families of suicide bombers. Iran publicly announced financial support to the tune of 50 million dollars when the UN pulled funding for Hamas when they continued terrorist acts. These aren't lies Rich.
Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran must be dealt with, sooner or later. Better it is sooner. JMHO

Lester
04-21-2006, 10:29 AM
moblsv wrote:
Every person, animal and tree on this planet has a stake in what that moron is doing. (I meant Bush but the pope isn't helping things either)
%%%%%%%%%

Indeed they do, but Neil is the only moron making money off of America's displeasure with Bush's performance.

Rich R.
04-21-2006, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Iranians took hostages in the 70's and we did nothing,
terrorists blew up the Marine barracks in Beirut in the
80's, we rattled our sword but did nothing, suicide
bombers killed 19 sailors on a U.S. Destroyer in
Afghanistan, and terrorists tried to blow up the world
trade center in the 90's, and we did nothing. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Maybe I have a slightly different view than others, but, I think it is time that the U.S. stop trying to control the entire world. Our soldiers and sailors should not be in some of these coundtries and subject to such danger.

The U.S. can not protect the entire world from itself. We have enough problems here at home to take care of.
From the beginning, I was of the belief that the situation in Iraq would turn into another Viet Nam and I haven't been proven wrong yet. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Is it any wonder that Osama Bin Laden launched his "airplane attacks" on 9/11? He felt pretty sure that we wouldn't come after him. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red">Is there the smallest possibility that, if the U.S. was not poking our nose in and trying to control the power struggle in the Mid-East, that Osama would have been attacking someone else and those air planes/missles wouldn't have been aimed at the U.S.?

Maybe I'm over simplifying, but if we didn't poke him, maybe he wouldn't have poked us. Just maybe. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Now who do you think encouraged, financed and supplied all the different terrorist groups that did these acts? Saddam paid families of suicide bombers. Iran publicly announced financial support to the tune of 50 million dollars when the UN pulled funding for Hamas when they continued terrorist acts. These aren't lies Rich.
Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran must be dealt with, sooner or later. Better it is sooner. JMHO <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red"> It may not be true now, because they have finally taken some action, but, at one time, Osama controled many millions of dollars invested in our own stock market. He didn't need the others.

Now, Saddam certainly did his share to help the efforts to terrorize the U.S. He ain't no angel and they should have shot him in the hole they found him in. However, our leaders told us we were invading Iraq, because they had weapons of mass destruction and they were going to use them. The weapons were never found and now, we have been told, our leaders knew they were not there all along. Those are the lies I was referring to.

The only reason we are attempting to deal with the countries in the Mid-East is because of their oil. They have little of value other than that. If our leaders would get off of their butts and support the necessary research into alternative fuels, and make this country less oil dependant, we wouldn't need to be involved in the Mid-East, because we wouldn't need their oil. Then, we could sit back and let them kill each other, not Americans, in their "Holy War".

We should stop trying to control the Mid-East and we should stop buying their oil for high prices while, at the same time, we sell them food for low prices. Let's balance the economic scales. JMHO</font color>

Gayle in MD
04-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Hey Rich, you took the thoughts right out of my brain! I totally agree with everything you wrote. I think also think Neil Young has as much right to an opinion as anyone else. Celebraties don't relinquish their rights to opinions just because they are celebraties, IMHO.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
04-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Rich,

I also agree with a lot of what you have to say. Maybe we should become isolationists and let the rest of the world work out their problems. Of course, we would have to deal with the economy of no oil. Again, no president in the last 50 years has made any real efforts to wean us from oil. Maybe stopping all dealings with the middle east would sort that out. We would have $12 a gallon oil for a while but it might be worth it to get out of there and only respond with high altitude bombs if they continue to threaten us at home.

Many have the luxury of critizing how we have gotten our oil over the last 30 or so years. The real truth is, if you don't have it and the economy is dead and your kids are starving, you won't ask how we got the oil.

But again, there is thoughfulness and reason in your statements. I do beleive that there are more entanglements in our international policies than most of us can appreciate. If we became isolationist again, we should get all those troops out of Europe and Asia as well as the Persia. A nice part would be to pull out of the corrupt and useless UN who is only a funnel for money to despots anyway.

Now, as we start doing this, offshore investment in the Us would dwindle, maybe a good thing for isolation. We would have to pay our debts but would be off the hook for the money and food to feed the starving in the world. We might then make food a weapon much as oil. I wouldn't like this but it might pay for gas.

It would be nice, as I said in an earlier post to be able to have our leaders say, "This will not stand." (Democratic Defense Strategy) after every attack and know we would not have to risk any American lives for our security. We could even use the old tapes of Clinton saying this on a repeat loop.

So, if the U.S. had not been in the Middle East proping up corrupt regimes, this would be simply a European problem and we would be o.k. except for the lack of oil. Should we abandon Israel? Will Saudi Arabia be a better world member as a fundamentalist state? I'm not sure. I do know that there is a good market for oil in the world and with China now emerging as a major consumer, it will be bought.

Fundamentalist Christians, of which I am not, believe this is all a good thing. That the crashing of conflict in the Middle East is sign of the end times. I don't even think it's a sigh of anything but the natural shift in world political balance. We are, no matter what you think, a caring nation even at our most right wing posture.

I will perdict, without the Bible, Edgar Cayce or any other spirits that China will dominate the world in a few years. As well, they will not go gently up to the Arabs. They will wholesale slaughter them and use the oil at their leisure. They understand world domination and how it's done, not to be confused by what liberals see now as attepts to dominate by the U.S.

The Arabs will no longer be a problem and get their just reward. We, however, will be a faltering, hispanic based population that will be less than third world. I am hopeful to be gone by then.

You made some good points.


Deeman

Lester
04-21-2006, 12:19 PM
You're "preaching to the choir" Rich.

But Should have, could have, and would have.

We're there now!! Personally, I would favor an immediate "graceful exit", and leave them to their own devices. The Shiites, the Sunni and the Kurds could fight it out amongst themselves, however if we left now the Iranians would invade and cause a bigger problem. And you would think that since we saved Kuwait's butt, they could cut us some slack on oil, but nooooooooo.

And really, I have no problem with Neil Young having an opinion on America's political situation. I do have a problem with him making money off of our disapproval of the president's actions. Had he contributed anything but narcotic induced rhetoric his entire lifetime, I would take his latest album seriously. Hell, I have more respect for 50cents talking about life on the street, and I don't like Rap.

B.T.W.
Awesome pictures! New camera?

Lester
04-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Gayle wrote:
Hey Rich, you took the thoughts right out of my brain! I totally agree with everything you wrote. I think also think Neil Young has as much right to an opinion as anyone else. Celebraties don't relinquish their rights to opinions just because they are celebraties, IMHO.

%%%%%%%%%

You're absolutely right Gayle, Neil does have a right to his opinion. The problem I have is when he uses his popularity as a platform to espouse those views. Not only did he write an album of propaganda to thrust his opinion on us, but he expects to make money off us while telling us how bad we are. By the way, I'm a long time NY fan, and will be after this as well.

Lester
04-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Deeman, you have a "firm grasp" of the situation. But isolationism will not work. The country with the most oil will dominate the entire world. What we are attempting to do in Iraq is noble, but alot easier said than done. If we are successful in setting up a democratic government in the middle east, it would do much to stabalize the area and thrust the region into the 21st century. Currently they view technology as a western evil designed as a direct threat to the Islamic religion.

B.T.W. Rich, they believed this from the Crusades, at that time the west looked to this region for Art, Philosophy, and learning, but they never progressed and the west advanced by leaps and bounds. The middle east was content to live this way without change. The world could leave them to their life style, except the region has the last of the fossil fuel resources that the rest of the world has grown dependent on.
I agree, China would mass slaughter the entire population for the oil, and their needs are growing everyday. We had to step in now before the entire region blew up. Iran however (with their new leader) is a "wild card" we really didn't see.

I don't think many people realize how desperate this situation is, and what America's actions are designed to thwart. Right or Wrong, GW is in the hot seat, trying. You can say what you want about him (although I don't think it's cool to sell an album of songs about it) but he IS trying to keep a war from coming to where we live. JMHO

Deeman3
04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Thankfully, aside for technology that is sold to them i.e. atomic bombs, we have little to fear form the Middle East, like Africa, their people in over 10,000 years went from a wodden spear to a metal speer, despite a wealth generated by the longest trade routes in the history of the world. Africa, despite having the greatest natural resources in the history of the world, went from a wooden speer to a stone speer as the entire technology jump for the same period. The only power these people have is what modern day peoples sell or trade them for oil.

They have no ambition further than the spread of hatred and killing those who they imagine oppose them. If they defeat us, it will be because we allowed this to happen. At least we have until 2008 before they will have someone to help and aid them in their efforts. Despite the utterly stupid things the Bush administration has done and continue to do, at least they bought us eight years we could be assured of not having them defeat us from the inside.

Deeman

Lester
04-21-2006, 01:45 PM
What scares me Deeman, is that they are more than willing to embrace technology if they can use it as a weapon against the "infidels".

Sid_Vicious
04-21-2006, 02:00 PM
"Not only did he write an album of propaganda to thrust his opinion on us, but he expects to make money off us while telling us how bad we are"

Does not the political partys both use entertainers to influence their elections, hence make money as a result? I don't see your point. If an entertainer happens to sing about the glory of a war for freedom fighting and the entertainer makes money, is that just as unjust? There are no fine lines, influence of all kind is accepted, and right now with such a piss poor excuse for an administration...I'll take all the Neil Young style impeachment help the country can get to enable the ousting of those clowns and liars...sid

Deeman3
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> What scares me Deeman, is that they are more than willing to embrace technology if they can use it as a weapon against the "infidels". <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, I'd like to see the Iranians "embrace" enouogh plutonium to blow themselves to Allah. But you are right, only recently were they even able to wire the detonators for their own suicide bombs, now they have a very few of the world's best bomb makers.

I don't think Iran will be as much a threat as we beleive with the excpetion of driving up oil prices. I really believe Israel will not let them get to the bomb making stage. They won't seek UN approval, an international task force or their mother's signature. They will bomb any Iranian facility they know is a threat and all will be well. Any country that doesn't like it in Arabia will attack Israel and become part of their country. France will express outrage and everyone will be the victims of drive by hand wringing by from the left and we can focus on important issues like who "The Donald" will fire next.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman
The Apprentice, what a stupid show....

Lester
04-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Sid_Vicious wrote:
Does not the political partys both use entertainers to influence their elections, hence make money as a result? I don't see your point. If an entertainer happens to sing about the glory of a war for freedom fighting and the entertainer makes money, is that just as unjust? There are no fine lines, influence of all kind is accepted, and right now with such a piss poor excuse for an administration...I'll take all the Neil Young style impeachment help the country can get to enable the ousting of those clowns and liars...sid
%%%%%%%%%

I accept that practice Sid. And if the democratic party (which I'm a registered member) had enlisted him to champion their beliefs, my bitch would be with them.

They didn't, so this burnt out, ex-rock star, just got rid of a brain tumor, Canadian Mo Fo, took it upon himself to judge our nation and write an album of scathing songs.

From an artists standpoint, this is an easy sell. Give them what they want to hear. I just don't like him making money off it, when for 30 odd years he suckled from America's breast with nary a whimper. JMHO

Lester
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Deeman3 wrote:
France will express outrage and everyone will be the victims of drive by hand wringing by from the left and we can focus on important issues like who "The Donald" will fire next.
%%%%%%%%%

Ha ha ha, I can't watch it Deeman. I gotta tell you if I jumped through all those hoops and he told me "You're Fired". I'm going over the table to "dot his eye" and mess up his "comb over". But hey, that's just me. JMHO

pooltchr
04-21-2006, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Deeman, you have a "firm grasp" of the situation. But isolationism will not work. The country with the most oil will dominate the entire world. What we are attempting to do in Iraq is noble, but alot easier said than done. If we are successful in setting up a democratic government in the middle east, it would do much to stabalize the area and thrust the region into the 21st century. Currently they view technology as a western evil designed as a direct threat to the Islamic religion.

B.T.W. Rich, they believed this from the Crusades, at that time the west looked to this region for Art, Philosophy, and learning, but they never progressed and the west advanced by leaps and bounds. The middle east was content to live this way without change. The world could leave them to their life style, except the region has the last of the fossil fuel resources that the rest of the world has grown dependent on.
I agree, China would mass slaughter the entire population for the oil, and their needs are growing everyday. We had to step in now before the entire region blew up. Iran however (with their new leader) is a "wild card" we really didn't see.

I don't think many people realize how desperate this situation is, and what America's actions are designed to thwart. Right or Wrong, GW is in the hot seat, trying. You can say what you want about him (although I don't think it's cool to sell an album of songs about it) but he IS trying to keep a war from coming to where we live. JMHO <hr /></blockquote>

I like the way you think!
Steve

Rich R.
04-21-2006, 06:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> They didn't, so this burnt out, ex-rock star, just got rid of a brain tumor, Canadian Mo Fo, took it upon himself to judge our nation and write an album of scathing songs.

From an artists standpoint, this is an easy sell. Give them what they want to hear. I just don't like him making money off it, when for 30 odd years he suckled from America's breast with nary a whimper. JMHO <hr /></blockquote>
Lester, IIRC, Neil Young has been a political activist for many years. It is not like he just came out of the woodwork on this issue. Also, from what I have read in the past, he donates A LOT of money to a number of charities, all over the world.
He really isn't a bad guy and I don't believe he is just trying to make a fast buck. He has used his music before, to attack issues that he had an interest in.

Oh, I also want to be very clear here.
I am not a Neil Young fan or groupie in any way. Other than an album by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, I don't own any of his other albums.

Qtec
04-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Saudi Arabia IS a fundamentalist state. The most extreme form of Islamic fundamentalism has its home in SA.
All the hijackers had Saudi passports. At least 6 of the people who were named by the FBI as being hijackers are still alive and it seems nobody wants to find out who they really were or who was really behind the attacks.
Imagine if the FBI had proof that the trail led straight back to SA. The US would have had to attack them or find another scapegoat.
Q.....if OBL had planned the attacks and was proud of his deeds, why then did he deny it?

Qtec
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
<font color="blue"> Now, Saddam certainly did his share to help the efforts to terrorize the U.S. </font color>

Can you give me one example of Saddam terrorizing the US?
Q

Qtec
04-21-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it any wonder that Osama Bin Laden launched his "airplane attacks" on 9/11? <font color="blue">Any proof? </font color> He felt pretty sure that we wouldn't come after him. Now who do you think encouraged, financed and supplied all the different terrorist groups that did these acts? Saddam paid families of suicide bombers. <font color="blue"> Compensated. </font color> Iran publicly announced financial support to the tune of 50 million dollars when the UN pulled funding for Hamas when they continued terrorist acts. These aren't lies Rich.
Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran must be dealt with, sooner or later. Better it is sooner. JMHO <hr /></blockquote>

Just in case you dont know, Hamas are the ELECTED Govt of the Palestinian people. The had a vote and Hamas won- its called Democracy. [ the Iranian Govt was also elected!].
BTW, they have stopped the funding because Hamas have refused to recognize Israel's right to exist.
Saddam started paying families of suicide bombers compensation after the Israelis started to employ collective punishment. The Israelis couldnt punish the bombers themselves[ obviously] so they took it out on the families by destroying their houses. It was purely a PR stunt for Saddam.

Q

Lester
04-22-2006, 04:21 AM
Rich wrote:
Oh, I also want to be very clear here.
I am not a Neil Young fan or groupie in any way. Other than an album by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, I don't own any of his other albums.
%%%%%%%%
But you DID stay in a Holiday Inn Express once, right? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have always liked Neil Young's music Rich. People are "many faceted", it's not just "black and white", "right or wrong", "evil vs good". I just tend to get persnickety when we have American troops in harms way. Had Neil Young had a press conference and voiced his displeasure with GW's performance, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You mentioned your psychic prediction of Iraq being another Vietnam. Well it is this same exact type of discourse that caused Vietnam to end the way it did. Our enemies know that public opinion is our own worst enemy, and they count on it. Neil Young's album fuels this discourse, and he gets us to PAY him for it. Hey if it was Bob Dylan, I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't say anything, because he's an American. JMHO

B.T.W.
I'll take the eight for a benny a set, and we can talk this out while we play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lester
04-22-2006, 04:46 AM
Qtec wrote:
Just in case you dont know, Hamas are the ELECTED Govt of the Palestinian people. The had a vote and Hamas won- its called Democracy. [ the Iranian Govt was also elected!].
BTW, they have stopped the funding because Hamas have refused to recognize Israel's right to exist. <font color="blue">Yea, both governments are "Democracys" in name only. Nothing you state here makes it "right" for Iran to fund a "terrorist" minded organization. And have you heard the rhetoric that the new Iranian leader (whose name I cannot pronounce) is spewing? They probably stopped the funding so they can use that money for uranium enrichment so they can Nuke Israel.</font color>
Saddam started paying families of suicide bombers compensation after the Israelis started to employ collective punishment. The Israelis couldnt punish the bombers themselves[ obviously] so they took it out on the families by destroying their houses. It was purely a PR stunt for Saddam. <font color="blue"> Destroying their houses was meant as a deterrent to suicide bombers, Saddam's "PR stunt" as you call it, proved to be a financial incentive to impoverished palestinians. And let me just say that killing innocent civilians to bring attention to your cause is not "freedom fighting", it's terrorism.</font color>

Rich R.
04-22-2006, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> I just tend to get persnickety when we have American troops in harms way. Had Neil Young had a press conference and voiced his displeasure with GW's performance, we wouldn't be having this discussion. <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">Some people say things at new conferences, others say it in their music. I tend to trust the musicians, doing it with music, more than the politicians doing it with a news conference. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> You mentioned your psychic prediction of Iraq being another Vietnam. Well it is this same exact type of discourse that caused Vietnam to end the way it did. Our enemies know that public opinion is our own worst enemy, and they count on it. <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">Public opinion did not cause the failure in Viet Nam.
Our leaders put us in the middle of a long time conflict, where either side would be just as willing to kill Americans as their enemy. Once the troops were in the middle of the war, they were not allowed to get the job done. They were held back, from accomplishing the task at hand, by our leaders, most likely for political purposes. JFK was about to get us out, when he was killed. LBJ believed in the war and he escalated.
Public opinion, over time, pressured our leaders to finely get our troops out of there, but it was far too late.

Now in Iraq, we are again in the middle of another long time conflict and all sides would rather kill Americans than each other. I am tired of giving American lives to protect people who will be killing us, if we give them half the chance.</font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Neil Young's album fuels this discourse, and he gets us to PAY him for it. Hey if it was Bob Dylan, I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't say anything, because he's an American. JMHO <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Sting, the late John Lennon and countless other musicians tend to consider themselves citizens of the world, not just one country. They speak out against wrong doing wherever it exists. IMHO, I don't believe this is a bad thing. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> B.T.W.
I'll take the eight for a benny a set, and we can talk this out while we play. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">Although you know I'm not a gambling person, if I were, I would say, you could give me the wild five and out and make it a nickle a set. We would have one heck of a conversation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

moblsv
04-22-2006, 07:52 AM
lyrics and a couple of news pieces. The cnn one is good, the faux segment is typical useless cavuto.

http://neilyoung.com/lww/lww.html

Lester
04-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Rich wrote:
Some people say things at new conferences, others say it in their music. I tend to trust the musicians, doing it with music, more than the politicians doing it with a news conference.
<font color="blue"> On this we agree Rich, no question.</font color>

Public opinion did not cause the failure in Viet Nam.
Our leaders put us in the middle of a long time conflict, where either side would be just as willing to kill Americans as their enemy. Once the troops were in the middle of the war, they were not allowed to get the job done. They were held back, from accomplishing the task at hand, by our leaders, most likely for political purposes. JFK was about to get us out, when he was killed. LBJ believed in the war and he escalated.
Public opinion, over time, pressured our leaders to finely get our troops out of there, but it was far too late.
<font color="blue"> You can't have it both ways, Rich. You start by saying that Public Opinion did not cause the failure in Vietnam. But in the end you acknowledge that public opinion pressured our leaders to pull out.</font color>

Now in Iraq, we are again in the middle of another long time conflict and all sides would rather kill Americans than each other. I am tired of giving American lives to protect people who will be killing us, if we give them half the chance. <font color="blue"> Again we agree (it's scarey ain't it?) But we are there for a VALID reason. Unlike the USSR in Afghanistan, we are trying to help a country form it's own government and pull them (kicking and screaming, I might add) into the 21st century.</font color>

Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Sting, the late John Lennon and countless other musicians tend to consider themselves citizens of the world, not just one country. They speak out against wrong doing wherever it exists. IMHO, I don't believe this is a bad thing.
<font color="blue"> Oh, I get it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif They think they're like "Super Heroes" or something.
But Dang Rich, I must have missed Neil's album where he "dissed" terrorism.

Or maybe he didn't record one because he knew they wouldn't buy it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

Although you know I'm not a gambling person, if I were, I would say, you could give me the wild five and out and make it a nickle a set. We would have one heck of a conversation. <font color="blue"> Rich, every time you go to bed at night, you gamble whether you're going to wake up or not. So far, you've been on a "roll"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You know WE don't need to play for money to have a good time.</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich R.
04-22-2006, 06:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Rich wrote:
Some people say things at new conferences, others say it in their music. I tend to trust the musicians, doing it with music, more than the politicians doing it with a news conference.
<font color="blue"> On this we agree Rich, no question.</font color>

<font color="red">That is a good thing. </font color>

Public opinion did not cause the failure in Viet Nam.
Our leaders put us in the middle of a long time conflict, where either side would be just as willing to kill Americans as their enemy. Once the troops were in the middle of the war, they were not allowed to get the job done. They were held back, from accomplishing the task at hand, by our leaders, most likely for political purposes. JFK was about to get us out, when he was killed. LBJ believed in the war and he escalated.
Public opinion, over time, pressured our leaders to finely get our troops out of there, but it was far too late.
<font color="blue"> You can't have it both ways, Rich. You start by saying that Public Opinion did not cause the failure in Vietnam. But in the end you acknowledge that public opinion pressured our leaders to pull out.</font color>

<font color="red"> Sorry Lester, but it is two different issues.
The failure in Viet Nam was due to the reasons I mentioned.
The final pull out, was due, in part, to the pressure of public opinion.
I don't think we can equate the failure to the final pull out. They are seperate issues. JMHO. </font color>

Now in Iraq, we are again in the middle of another long time conflict and all sides would rather kill Americans than each other. I am tired of giving American lives to protect people who will be killing us, if we give them half the chance. <font color="blue"> Again we agree (it's scarey ain't it?) But we are there for a VALID reason. Unlike the USSR in Afghanistan, we are trying to help a country form it's own government and pull them (kicking and screaming, I might add) into the 21st century.</font color>

<font color="red">We are there for a valid reason. I agree. However, do the people of Iraq want us there and will any democratic government continue after we leave? Also, is it really our responsibility to bring them into the 21st century and is it worth all of the American lives that are being lost?</font color>

Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Sting, the late John Lennon and countless other musicians tend to consider themselves citizens of the world, not just one country. They speak out against wrong doing wherever it exists. IMHO, I don't believe this is a bad thing.
<font color="blue"> Oh, I get it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif They think they're like "Super Heroes" or something.
But Dang Rich, I must have missed Neil's album where he "dissed" terrorism.

Or maybe he didn't record one because he knew they wouldn't buy it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

<font color="red">You don't have to be a "super Hero" to be a citizen of the world. We are all citizens of the world, but we don't take that responsibility seriously. We only consider our own little corner of the world. After I win the lottery, and travel more, maybe I will consider myself a citizen of the world too. </font color>

Although you know I'm not a gambling person, if I were, I would say, you could give me the wild five and out and make it a nickle a set. We would have one heck of a conversation. <font color="blue"> Rich, every time you go to bed at night, you gamble whether you're going to wake up or not. So far, you've been on a "roll"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You know WE don't need to play for money to have a good time.</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

<font color="red">Lester, we definitely don't need to play for money, to have a good time. I know we would have a great time. However, if you would take me up on my proposition, I may start gambling again and I would have an outstanding time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Lester
04-22-2006, 07:38 PM
You can't have it both ways, Rich. You start by saying that Public Opinion did not cause the failure in Vietnam. But in the end you acknowledge that public opinion pressured our leaders to pull out.

<font color="blue"> Sorry Lester, but it is two different issues.
The failure in Viet Nam was due to the reasons I mentioned.
The final pull out, was due, in part, to the pressure of public opinion
I don't think we can equate the failure to the final pull out. They are seperate issues. JMHO. .</font color>
<font color="red"> Okay Rich, here's where we disagree because I personally saw resources dwindle in the field when public opinion against the war became "in vogue". I saw friends die because they couldn't do the job they were taught to do, because they didn't want that on the six o'clock news. I was also spit on at LAX because I was in uniform. I don't forget what I felt like because of "public opinion". I have always thought that smart people knew that war was bad without having to see it. But not-so-smart people like me who have seen it, would do anything so it doesn't happen where I live. JMHO</font color>

<font color="red"> </font color> Again we agree (it's scarey ain't it?) But we are there for a VALID reason. Unlike the USSR in Afghanistan, we are trying to help a country form it's own government and pull them (kicking and screaming, I might add) into the 21st century.

We are there for a valid reason. I agree. However, do the people of Iraq want us there and will any democratic government continue after we leave? Also, is it really our responsibility to bring them into the 21st century and is it worth all of the American lives that are being lost?
<font color="red"> The question you need to ask is would you rather lose those and many more American lives HERE? This region has been in turmoil for centuries, and they are determined that WE are the enemy. They already came here and attacked us, how many more must die here before you see that what we are trying to do to the region is a "just" cause? Geez, </font color>
Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Sting, the late John Lennon and countless other musicians tend to consider themselves citizens of the world, not just one country. They speak out against wrong doing wherever it exists. IMHO, I don't believe this is a bad thing.
Oh, I get it. They think they're like "Super Heroes" or something.
But Dang Rich, I must have missed Neil's album where he "dissed" terrorism.

Or maybe he didn't record one because he knew they wouldn't buy it.

<font color="blue"> You don't have to be a "super Hero" to be a citizen of the world. We are all citizens of the world, but we don't take that responsibility seriously. We only consider our own little corner of the world. After I win the lottery, and travel more, maybe I will consider myself a citizen of the world too. </font color>

<font color="red"> You forgot to answer the part about Neil Young's anti terrorism album, Rich. If he speaks out against injustice anywhere it exists, why pray tell does he only pick America to write an "adverse" album about?</font color>

Although you know I'm not a gambling person, if I were, I would say, you could give me the wild five and out and make it a nickle a set. We would have one heck of a conversation. Rich, every time you go to bed at night, you gamble whether you're going to wake up or not. So far, you've been on a "roll"! You know WE don't need to play for money to have a good time.
<font color="red"> I accidently cut-off your reply to this part but I can tell you that it's the "wild five and out" we have to discuss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Rich R.
04-23-2006, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr><font color="red"> Okay Rich, here's where we disagree because I personally saw resources dwindle in the field when public opinion against the war became "in vogue". I saw friends die because they couldn't do the job they were taught to do, because they didn't want that on the six o'clock news. I was also spit on at LAX because I was in uniform. I don't forget what I felt like because of "public opinion". I have always thought that smart people knew that war was bad without having to see it. But not-so-smart people like me who have seen it, would do anything so it doesn't happen where I live. JMHO</font color>

If resources in the field dwindled, that would be the fault of the leadership. Although public opinion was against the war, people were still paying taxes and you and the rest of our troops should have had the needed supplies.
How do you explain the fact that our troops currently in the Iraq have not had proper equipment and supplies, from the beginning? It certainly is not because of public opinion. Troops were sent there without proper body armor and without the proper armored vehicles.

I am not totally "anti-war". I was against the Viet Nam war because we had no business being there and our troops were not allowed to do the job when they were sent there. If people don't want to see it on the evening news, get the damn reporters out of there. On the other side, I don't want our troops committing war crimes either. If the troops were allowed to do the job, they wouldn't be there as long and the loss of life would be much lower.

Your incedent at LAX was unfortunate and I am sorry that it happened. Although there are always idiots on both sides of a conflict, I think most people have the capacity to seperate the war from our soldiers. Many people, including myself, may have been against the war, but supported our troops at the same time.
BTW, if you ever used an M-79 Grenade Launcher, it may have had my finger prints on it. I understand it was a decent weapon.

<font color="red"> The question you need to ask is would you rather lose those and many more American lives HERE? This region has been in turmoil for centuries, and they are determined that WE are the enemy. They already came here and attacked us, how many more must die here before you see that what we are trying to do to the region is a "just" cause? Geez, </font color>

Obviously, I don't want to lose lives here. However, that region has been in turmoil long before the U.S. existed. They have determined that we are their enemy because we keep poking our nose in and trying to control the politics of the region. Although we feel our cause is just, the people of the region feel differently. We should honor thier wishes and get out, and stop wasting American lives. Let them kill each other.

<font color="red"> You forgot to answer the part about Neil Young's anti terrorism album, Rich. If he speaks out against injustice anywhere it exists, why pray tell does he only pick America to write an "adverse" album about?</font color>
As I said, I am not a Neil Young fan and I have no idea if he has ever written a song about anti-terrorism or any other topics.

<font color="red"> I accidently cut-off your reply to this part but I can tell you that it's the "wild five and out" we have to discuss. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>
Cutting off my reply was more than likely a "Freudian Slip". /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
You know I am nothing more than a league playing hacker and the "wild 5 and out" is a fair spot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Lester
04-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Rich wrote:
Cutting off my reply was more than likely a "Freudian Slip".
<font color="blue"> Let me just state, categorically and for the record......I AM NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN A CROSS DRESSER! So I wouldn't know a Freudian slip from a bustier. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

You know I am nothing more than a league playing hacker and the "wild 5 and out" is a fair spot.
<font color="blue">You're a "burglar" is what you are! Wild 5 and out indeed. I wouldn't give Stevie Wonder that spot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Rich R.
04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Rich wrote:
Cutting off my reply was more than likely a "Freudian Slip".
<font color="blue"> Let me just state, categorically and for the record......I AM NOT, NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN A CROSS DRESSER! So I wouldn't know a Freudian slip from a bustier. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font color>

<font color="red">So all of those rumors must be wrong? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

You know I am nothing more than a league playing hacker and the "wild 5 and out" is a fair spot.
<font color="blue">You're a "burglar" is what you are! Wild 5 and out indeed. I wouldn't give Stevie Wonder that spot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>
<font color="red">But Little Stevie kicked my butt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Look at the bright side. I may be a "burglar" but I don't gamble, so your safe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
04-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Hey, Lester, to me, that isn't that pertinent, what he makes off the music, since my anger is much more focussed on big business interests in this country which are often the hidden forces behind our country going to war in the first place. If protectionism and isolationism is a concern, we should all be concerned about the rich men whose families, children, etc., are protected and isolated from ever having to pay with their lives for the wars which are fought in order for them to add to their family fortunes.... Bush, Cheney, Halliburton, Enron, and the other dynasties of the American Elitists, just to name a few.

The administrations assertion that by fighting on the other side of the world, to shove democracy down the throats of people who don't want us on their soil, will somehow protect America from future attacks such as 9/11 is a joke. The two are not at all connected, or linked in any way. Saddam was NO THREAT, NOR IS IRAN PRESENTLY A THREAT!We are no safer today than we were on 9/12, and in fact, everything that Bush has done, or failed to do, while he has been in office, has only put Americans at greater risk. Our goals should have been National Security, Borders, Ports, Illegal entry, intelligence, al Qaeda, bin Laden first, al Qaeda cells, true economic and military strength, the building of allies and diplomatic efforts, and dependency from fossil fuels, in that order. This administration was single sighted on Saddam before they ever got into the White House, and their intentions in the Middle East are of little importance, since they have done nothing except make a huge mess over there, destroyed our credibility, degraded our honor with their lies and torture, and generally Fk-d up everything from the war, our trade relations, our economic and military strength, you name it, they have screwed it up good! As far as I'm concerned, every single one of our young people who have lost their lives in Iraq, died in vain, just as in Vietnam, because we went there on lies, and had no business there in the first place. That doesn't take away from their courage and honor, only that of the liars who were behind the occupations.

Until and unless people stop choosing weapons first as the means for settling disputes, we are all at great risk. Unfortunately, Republicans are not happy unless they are waving their swords, and waging war, and combating ill perceived enemies. Once the cold war was over, their new ill perceived enemy became "Liberals" and a false case was built by their spin meisters for hating liberals, and blaming liberals for everything. But, they never seem able to fully see through and digest the damage, through lies and corruption, by their own party, or identify the massive incompetence and failure through their own tunnel vision. As long as the dollars keep flying into their corrupt pockets, they don't give a damn if they kill people, pollute the environement, or destroy the world.

We were attacked by alQaeda, not Iraq, not Saddam, not Iran. We should have been lazer honed on al Qaeda, and their leaders for the last five years. We WILL pay a heavy price for George Bush's deceit and incompetence, and are paying that price everyday. There is NO other issue more important than to get this bunch out of power as soon as possible, so that we can begin to regain the respect of the world, rebuild our creditility, and protect our Constitution, our own freedom and liberty right here at home. The premise that changing course once it becomes obvious that the wrong course has been taken, is somehow weak, is the most incorrect of all, IMO. Nothing that I can think of has hurt this country as much as this administration. Let me count the ways! Too many to count!
If we want to be angry at anyone making money off this war, an aging rock star is by far the last despot on my list!

Gayle in Md.
So Proud I Didn't Vote For George Bush!

Lester
04-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Gayle

I enjoyed your impassioned discourse, but you make too many points to discuss. I try never to argue religion or politics, but since I will discuss music, Neil Young drug me in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif



I don't have a list of despots, but if I did, the Canadian recording artist would have moved up on it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Lester
04-24-2006, 04:35 AM
<font color="red"> So all of those rumors must be wrong?
<font color="blue">Which ones are we talking about? </font color>
<font color="red"> You know I am nothing more than a league playing hacker and the "wild 5 and out" is a fair spot</font color>
<font color="blue"> You're a "burglar" is what you are! Wild 5 and out indeed. I wouldn't give Stevie Wonder that spot.</font color>
<font color="red"> But Little Stevie kicked my butt.
Look at the bright side. I may be a "burglar" but I don't gamble, so your safe.</font color>
<font color="blue"> Oh you gamble....you just want a "lock"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

Rich R.
04-24-2006, 06:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> <font color="red"> So all of those rumors must be wrong?
<font color="blue">Which ones are we talking about? </font color>

<font color="green">Although there are many, I'm only talking about those written on certain walls. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

<font color="red"> You know I am nothing more than a league playing hacker and the "wild 5 and out" is a fair spot</font color>
<font color="blue"> You're a "burglar" is what you are! Wild 5 and out indeed. I wouldn't give Stevie Wonder that spot.</font color>
<font color="red"> But Little Stevie kicked my butt.
Look at the bright side. I may be a "burglar" but I don't gamble, so your safe.</font color>
<font color="blue"> Oh you gamble....you just want a "lock"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

<font color="green">I haven't gambled on pool in more than 30 years, even if someone offers the "wild 5 and out". I'm not against it. I just gave it up and I have more fun playing the game. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

SPetty
04-24-2006, 04:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr><font color="green">Although there are many, I'm only talking about those written on certain walls.</font color><hr /></blockquote>The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls...

Rich R.
04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr><font color="green">Although there are many, I'm only talking about those written on certain walls.</font color><hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls... <hr /></blockquote>
The walls I was referring to were not subways or tenements, however, the words were written by phrophets, none the less. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lester
04-25-2006, 02:56 AM
Rich wrote:
The walls I was referring to were not subways or tenements, however, the words were written by phrophets, none the less.




Geez, you guys should write a song.

Better yet, they should stand you two up in front of that wall, and make you sing it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

B.T.W.

Simon and Garfunckle could write an anti-bush album and be "exempt from my rancor" as well. They're AMERICANS. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
04-25-2006, 03:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr>Geez, you guys should write a song.<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">Then we would have to move to Canada. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr>Better yet, they should stand you two up in front of that wall, and make you sing it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">Then we would have to move farther away than Canada. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>

Lester
04-25-2006, 03:57 AM
I don't know about SPetty but I always figured you for a "tenor".

Yeah, sing at least "ten or twelve" blocks away, at least!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
04-25-2006, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> I don't know about SPetty but I always figured you for a "tenor".

Yeah, sing at least "ten or twelve" blocks away, at least!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
"Ten or twelve" states away is more like it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

heater451
04-25-2006, 04:23 PM
c'mon Rich, you don't recognize the words of Simon &amp; Garfunkel? (And the lyrical "lift" of them, by some other Canucks, "Rush"?



============================

Rich R.
04-25-2006, 07:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> c'mon Rich, you don't recognize the words of Simon &amp; Garfunkel? (And the lyrical "lift" of them, by some other Canucks, "Rush"?<hr /></blockquote>
Sorry heater, you've totally lost me on this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Lester
04-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Rich wrote:
Sorry heater, you've totally lost me on this one.

%%%%%

Me too heater, what about Rush? And the Canucks?

SPetty
04-26-2006, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> (And the lyrical "lift" of them, by some other Canucks, "Rush"?)<hr /></blockquote>"For the words of the profits
Are written on the studio wall,
Concert hall-
Echoes with the sounds...
Of salesmen. Of salesmen.
Of salesmen!"

Thanks, heater. I don't recall ever hearing that before! It was a fun little foray...

Lester
04-27-2006, 02:47 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lester
04-27-2006, 04:36 AM
Okay Rich, this is from Fox News on Neil Young's album. (See this horse ain't dead yet)

"And there's no doubt that the centerpiece of the album, a song called "Let's Impeach The President," performed as a melodic, rocking, campfire ode will be what causes the most controversy. For one thing, though Young has lived in California since the late 1960s, his nay-sayers will decry him as a Canadian. Others will call him unpatriotic or treasonous."

%%%%%%%

My question is "If he's been living in California since the late 60's, has he bothered to become an American Citizen?" If he has, then I take back any criticism I may have projected his way, If not - then he is a "floating turd" and an illegal immigrant and INS should "round him up" and give him a free ride to the border. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif JMNSHO

Rich R.
04-27-2006, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Okay Rich, this is from Fox News on Neil Young's album. (See this horse ain't dead yet)<hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">The horse was dead, until you brought this up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr>Young has lived in California since the late 1960s <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">I thought this was the case, but I never mentioned it, because I wasn't sure. </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr>My question is "If he's been living in California since the late 60's, has he bothered to become an American Citizen?" If he has, then I take back any criticism I may have projected his way, If not - then he is a "floating turd" and an illegal immigrant and INS should "round him up" and give him a free ride to the border. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif JMNSHO

<font color="red">Whether Young has become a citizen or not is something else I can not comment on, because I don't know.
However, your point that, if he has not attained citizenship, he must be an illegal alien ia flawed. It is very possible that he could be an alien, legally living in this country. There are many and they pay taxes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>


<hr /></blockquote>

Lester
04-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Rich wrote:

It is very possible that he could be an alien, legally living in this country. There are many and they pay taxes.

%%%%%%%%%%%

????????? How would that work Rich? Endangered Exile, Dethroned Royal, political prisoner? I mean, what extenuating circumstances would qualify him as a "legal" alien, living in this country for over 30 years and doesn't have to become a citizen?

Rich R.
04-27-2006, 08:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> ????????? How would that work Rich? Endangered Exile, Dethroned Royal, political prisoner? I mean, what extenuating circumstances would qualify him as a "legal" alien, living in this country for over 30 years and doesn't have to become a citizen? <hr /></blockquote>
If I understand it correctly, all they have to do is apply.
No special circumstances are required, that I know of, other than they are good members of society.
They just choose to live and work in this country and they don't want to become a citizen and they don't want to give up citizenship in their original country.

Another point that I am not sure of, but I believe is correct, a lot of them pay taxes in both the U.S. and their home country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Whether you know it or not, we pay benefits to a lot of them.

Let me repeat, I don't know for a fact what Mr. Young's residency status is. With such a public figure, I have to assume he is here legally, one way or the other.

Lester
04-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Rich wrote:
If I understand it correctly, all they have to do is apply.
No special circumstances are required, that I know of, other than they are good members of society.
They just choose to live and work in this country and they don't want to become a citizen and they don't want to give up citizenship in their original country. <font color="blue">Does that apply to the 11 million illegal mexicans as well? I mean do they only have to apply? (not being sarcastic). Could they do this too? </font color>

Another point that I am not sure of, but I believe is correct, a lot of them pay taxes in both the U.S. and their home country. <font color="blue"> I would expect them to pay taxes. Uncle Sam doesn't play with that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Whether you know it or not, we pay benefits to a lot of them. <font color="blue"> I am aware of that, but I always assumed there were mitigating circumstances in these cases.</font color>

Let me repeat, I don't know for a fact what Mr. Young's residency status is. With such a public figure, I have to assume he is here legally, one way or the other. <font color="blue"> I would think he's here legally as well, Rich. I will also assume that he is a naturalized American citizen (give him the benefit of the doubt) and so I will STFU. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Okay, NOW the horse is dead! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif maybe!</font color>

Rich R.
04-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Rich wrote:
If I understand it correctly, all they have to do is apply.
No special circumstances are required, that I know of, other than they are good members of society.
They just choose to live and work in this country and they don't want to become a citizen and they don't want to give up citizenship in their original country. <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr><font color="blue">Does that apply to the 11 million illegal mexicans as well? I mean do they only have to apply? (not being sarcastic). Could they do this too? </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
<font color="red">I think the idea is, that they would have had to apply, BEFORE they came into the country illegally.
However, who knows what GWB will let them do now? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>