PDA

View Full Version : Shooter Jennings

sunsetsoldier25
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I just heard this great new song called "Some Rowdy Women" by Shooter Jenings on the radio this morning. I really liked it. Have you heard it? I didnt really know much about Shooter, but my buddy from work (UMVD) told me that he is pretty popular and that Shooter's father is the famous musician Waylon Jennings. I'm definitely picking up his cd today after work.

Drop1
04-19-2006, 09:04 PM
aaah no one has heard much about Shooter. Like are Willie and Waylon sleeping together do you dig man that would be a trip. Do you ever feel clueless inquiring minds want to know ha ha ha you can tell by our outfits we are all cowboys.

hondo
04-20-2006, 07:17 AM
I have his CD. It's not bad. Style-wise he reminds
me a little if Uncle Cracker. He is indeed Waylon's
son.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sunsetsoldier25:</font><hr> I just heard this great new song called "Some Rowdy Women" by Shooter Jenings on the radio this morning. I really liked it. Have you heard it? I didnt really know much about Shooter, but my buddy from work (UMVD) told me that he is pretty popular and that Shooter's father is the famous musician Waylon Jennings. I'm definitely picking up his cd today after work. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
04-20-2006, 07:19 AM
Hey, that's 2 of my heroes you're talkin about,
hoss. No way Waylon was a fudge packer.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> aaah no one has heard much about Shooter. Like are Willie and Waylon sleeping together do you dig man that would be a trip. Do you ever feel clueless inquiring minds want to know ha ha ha you can tell by our outfits we are all cowboys. <hr /></blockquote>

sunsetsoldier25
04-20-2006, 12:24 PM
YEah I can definitely hear that.

Drop1
04-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Two of my favorites too,just having a little fun. "My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys". The last album by Johnny Cash,will make you bleed. And the 1972 version of "Danny Boy" by Roy Orboson is a classic, like the one from Willie. But I do have to admit,sometimes I turn out the lights,and look at the city below, like an anasthesied patient on the table,and put on Miles Davis's "Sketches of Spain"

SPetty
04-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Seems like everyone I know nowadays is talking about Jessie's boy. There's some fun interviews with him to be found on the 'net.

He'll be playing Dallas in July with Three Doors Down and Lynyrd Skynyrd. (Hope I spelt that right...)

Anyone need a date to that concert?