PDA

View Full Version : Binions in Las Vegas on ESPN &ESPN 2 times & dates

poolposture
04-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Be sure to watch the premiere of the US Pro Tour Championship
at Binions in Las Vegas on ESPN & ESPN 2 !!

This event has alot of cool and provacative interviews with <font color="red"> </font color> all the players including their personal and sometimes controversial views of their peers. Also listen to their personal insight on shots they select and their perspective on their own psychology.
<font color="blue"> </font color> Also lookout for the premiere of the www.DragonPromotions.com (http://www.DragonPromotions.com) commercial! (you'll enjoy and get a few laughs)

Great fast paced action matches with Thorsten Hohmann, Rodney Morris, and TV debut of Rob Saez and Charlie Bryant

The 2006 DP US Pro Tour Championship will debut as follows:
Quarterfinal Match: Friday, April 21st from 2-3pm on ESPN2
Semifinal #1: Friday, April 21st from 3-4pm on ESPN2
Semifinal #2: Sunday, April 23rd from 3-4pm on ESPN
Final: Sunday, April 23rd from 4-5pm on ESPN

CaptainHook
04-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks.

Rich R.
04-20-2006, 06:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolposture:</font><hr> This event has alot of cool and provacative interviews with <font color="red"> </font color> all the players including their personal and sometimes controversial views of their peers. Also listen to their personal insight on shots they select and their perspective on their own psychology.
<font color="blue"> </font color><hr /></blockquote>
Just what we need. More crap and less pool. It is bad enough that they have cut out a couple of racks from all match broadcasts in the past. Now, we can expect even less pool, so they can show these interviews. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nostroke
04-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Did anybody see this great innovation? Is this another "tournament in a mall" or something better?

ras314
04-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Saw the Rob Saez - Charlie Bryant match. A good match but looks like they are making an effort to interject more personalities into the production. Reckon they feel people interest will get more people's interest than just shot/position making.

They are probably right.

Vagabond
04-25-2006, 07:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Nostroke:</font><hr> Did anybody see this great innovation? Is this another "tournament in a mall" or something better? <hr /></blockquote>

hi no stroke,
It was my first appearence at an UPA event as a spectator.There was not much room for the spectators.on the final day spectators were not charged and admissin was free.I felt sorry for charlie because he is not making much money with his entrapreneurial efforts.Score card lady was not sleezy as some one posted.Interviews with other pros did not take much time.

catscradle
04-26-2006, 04:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolposture:</font><hr> This event has alot of cool and provacative interviews with <font color="red"> </font color> all the players including their personal and sometimes controversial views of their peers. Also listen to their personal insight on shots they select and their perspective on their own psychology.
<font color="blue"> </font color><hr /></blockquote>
Just what we need. More crap and less pool. It is bad enough that they have cut out a couple of racks from all match broadcasts in the past. Now, we can expect even less pool, so they can show these interviews. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My sentiments exactly, we don't need no stinkin' "up close and personal".

CaptainHook
04-26-2006, 05:19 AM
I thought the Brunette (Roxanne) was cute. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You can tell they were trying to do a good job.
Hey, at least we had some new men's pool to watch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
04-26-2006, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolposture:</font><hr> This event has alot of cool and provacative interviews with <font color="red"> </font color> all the players including their personal and sometimes controversial views of their peers. Also listen to their personal insight on shots they select and their perspective on their own psychology. <font color="blue"> </font color><hr /></blockquote>Just what we need. More crap and less pool. It is bad enough that they have cut out a couple of racks from all match broadcasts in the past. Now, we can expect even less pool, so they can show these interviews. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>My sentiments exactly, we don't need no stinkin' "up close and personal". <hr /></blockquote>Did you guys even see it? The interviews aren't really interviews, more like sound bites. And, I didn't pay as close attention as I should, but the men play so much faster than the women, that they showed the rack being played, then showed it again in fast motion when it was over. And they still had time for some sound bites. Overall, I liked it.

bsmutz
04-26-2006, 04:08 PM
I'll have to agree with SPetty here. I had a brain fart when programming my VCR/satellite receiver so I only ended up getting to watch the Rodney Morris/Thorsten Hohmann match, but it was different and interesting.

Nostroke
04-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I saw the Saez/Morris match and i did not think it was as bad as some have said here and over at AZB. At least the Score card Girl was giving the score unlike the US OPen where she is reporting the GAME NUMBER- a near useless piece of info. If you are going to use sex to sell- im not really gonna object but please... do we have to have the lame "hubba hubba comments" ?

Rich R.
04-26-2006, 09:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Did you guys even see it? The interviews aren't really interviews, more like sound bites. And, I didn't pay as close attention as I should, but the men play so much faster than the women, that they showed the rack being played, then showed it again in fast motion when it was over. And they still had time for some sound bites. Overall, I liked it. <hr /></blockquote>
SPetty, if you check the time line, my comments were prior to the broadcast and they were only in response to the original post in this thread.

After watching the programs, they certainly had the time for the interviews, however, the statements of the players were out of character and provided a negative image for pool players.
Per another thread on AZB, it appears they were coached to say some of that stupid crap.