PDA

View Full Version : unexpected extra shaft

bigjake
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM
when i ordered a lucasi cue from rockwell billiards, in addition to the normal uni-lock shaft they sent an extra un-jointed shaft that has a not too smooth surface with it, has anyone else had this happen

Deeman3
04-20-2006, 02:37 PM
No, but it may be possible the shaft mated with the butt and had a little shaft....Maybe someone just had it around and stuck it in the package to be nice.

deeman

ragbug74
04-21-2006, 04:29 AM
When I bought an off-brand case at the DCC 2 years ago, it had such a shaft in it. When I pointed it out to the person I was purchasing the case from, they said it has something to do with the import laws. If they included a "cue" in the case when it was imported, it was somehow different than just importing the case itself. Maybe a similar siutation?

pooltchr
04-21-2006, 04:40 AM
Exactly right. If the case has a shaft in it, then the case becomes packaging for a cue shaft. Regardless of the fact that the packaging is worth more than the "product", import fees are based on the value of the "product" being shipped. So you put a $3 shaft in a $200 case and you pay import fees on the $3.
Steve