PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good cue not exceeding 600$ CAN

jimbojim
04-22-2006, 10:48 PM
I bought a cue a few months ago,a cuetec Natural series but I wanna buy a new one cuz I don't feel perfectly confortable with it with the S.S.T. My price range is about 600$CAN.

Im getting into FQSB(Federation Quebecoise des Sports de Billards) next august and I take lessons once in a while with Danny Hewitt.

ryushen21
04-22-2006, 11:12 PM
If you want to go with a production cue, I would recommend either Mezz or Schon. They are both very good shooting cues and you can get a pretty good one in the price range that you are looking for. I would go with Mezz (what i currently shoot with).

If you wanted to go with a custom maker, you can get a very decent cue in your range. A lot of makers will make you a sneaky pete for around $250. And that leaves you quite a bit of room for upgrades i.e. custom shaft, ivory joint or ferrule, and you can get your choice of joints.

Just shop around and shoot everything that you can get your hands on. Then buy whatever you like best.

I'm not sure what the conversion rate is from US$ to CAN$. but the prices i gave you were in US$

Rich R.
04-23-2006, 04:53 AM
Try a cue by a fellow Canadian. You can't go wrong with a Layani cue.
http://www.layanicues.com/

jimbojim
04-23-2006, 11:09 AM
layani cues huh? they have a nice website with lot of information. what prices should I expect from them?

Rich R.
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jimbojim:</font><hr> layani cues huh? they have a nice website with lot of information. what prices should I expect from them? <hr /></blockquote>
You'll have to contact Thierry Layani for prices.
Thierry and his partner make some excellent cues and you will not go wrong with one of their cues.

Tell Thierry you heard about his cues here on the CCB. He is a friend and he was a regular poster at one time.

hondo
04-24-2006, 08:41 AM
Jeff Olney, Keith Josey, Dale Perry, Jerry Rauenzahn.
All are great hitting cues. Also Shurtz and Pat Diviney
are VERY GOOD.

jimbojim
04-24-2006, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jimbojim:</font><hr> layani cues huh? they have a nice website with lot of information. what prices should I expect from them? <hr /></blockquote>
You'll have to contact Thierry Layani for prices.
Thierry and his partner make some excellent cues and you will not go wrong with one of their cues.

Tell Thierry you heard about his cues here on the CCB. He is a friend and he was a regular poster at one time. <hr /></blockquote>

Wow! I just contacted him via email and he responded me and offered to meet me up in a local poolhall so I could try one of his cues. That is very kind from him:)

Rich R.
04-24-2006, 06:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jimbojim:</font><hr> Wow! I just contacted him via email and he responded me and offered to meet me up in a local poolhall so I could try one of his cues. That is very kind from him:) <hr /></blockquote>
Thierry is a very nice guy. Tell him I said "Hi".
I hope he remembers me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

tjlmbklr
04-24-2006, 06:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jimbojim:</font><hr> layani cues huh? they have a nice website with lot of information. what prices should I expect from them? <hr /></blockquote>

You can read that? What is the language is that?

Rich R.
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr>You can read that? What is the language is that? <hr /></blockquote>
The web site is in both English and French. On the home page, click "Enter" and you will get the English version. Click "Entrez" and you get the French version.

Lester
04-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Rich wrote:
The web site is in both English and French. On the home page, click "Enter" and you will get the English version. Click "Entrez" and you get the French version.

Rich R.

SACRE BLEU!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE "BI" RICH! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rich R.
04-25-2006, 06:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr>SACRE BLEU!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE "BI" RICH! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I'm not "Bi" anything, but I do "Buy".

I just keep clicking until I find something I can understand. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

tjlmbklr
04-25-2006, 12:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Lester:</font><hr> Rich wrote:

Rich R.

SACRE BLEU!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE "BI"
RICH! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

It must of been past my bed time now I see...LOL

jimbojim
04-25-2006, 09:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tjlmbklr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jimbojim:</font><hr> layani cues huh? they have a nice website with lot of information. what prices should I expect from them? <hr /></blockquote>

You can read that? What is the language is that? <hr /></blockquote>

im french canadian so I can read both english and french.

catscradle
04-26-2006, 09:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jimbojim:</font><hr> Wow! I just contacted him via email and he responded me and offered to meet me up in a local poolhall so I could try one of his cues. That is very kind from him:) <hr /></blockquote>
I hope he remembers me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I second that, Thierry is an exceedingly nice person (even if I never pronounce his name correctly). Tell him Steve Ellis says "Hi" also.

jimbojim
04-26-2006, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote catscradle:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote jimbojim:</font><hr> Wow! I just contacted him via email and he responded me and offered to meet me up in a local poolhall so I could try one of his cues. That is very kind from him:) <hr /></blockquote>
I hope he remembers me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I second that, Thierry is an exceedingly nice person (even if I never pronounce his name correctly). Tell him Steve Ellis says "Hi" also.
<hr /></blockquote>

I will, I meet him tonight at a local poolhall.