PDA

View Full Version : Delayed "sinking in" of 30/90 rules...

Billy_Bob
04-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I kept watching a player scratch a lot. This guy has a lot of potential. Well he came over to my house to play a while back and I had an opportunity to show him the 30 and 90 degree rules (he asked for help with something related). He was not interested - he already knew everything there was to know - young guy in 20's. OK fine.

Fast forward a month later to last night...

Well this guy comes up to me and asks me a question. He showed the peace sign and says follow? I say yes. Then he makes a 90 degree angle with his thumb and forfinger and says hit low? I say stun - sliding ball.

Seems he went two and out at a tournament that day (due to scratching) and decided the 30 and 90 degree rules might be a good thing to learn afterall!

Snapshot9
04-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Since I am now an Old School Pool guy, I will throw out an old School saying, "You hear by ear, you learn after a churn".

"If you make a mistake more than twice, you either in a loop, or just plain stupid."

bsmutz
04-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Funny how that works...
Um, I'm not sure how to put this since I don't want to offend, but I'm pretty sure it should be, "If you make a mistake more than twice, you are either in a loop, or just plain stupid." Not sure how this plays out if you were unaware of your mistake to begin with.

cheesemouse
04-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Or: you don't learn a thing the second time a mule kicks you...