PDA

View Full Version : 14.1 qualifier in Chicago

dmgwalsh
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
I heard Tom Karabotsos took the top spot and the next spot is up for grabs between Spencer, Schwartz, and Jacobs, whoever they are.

Scott Lee
04-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Dennis...I can't believe you don't know who these guys are!
Tom Spencer is one of the better players in Chgo, and has been for years. Larry Schwartz is a fixture in the Chgo pool scene, and writes an 8-ball column in BD. Neal Jacobs is an up-and-coming younger player (he may be 20 or 21 by now...not sure).

Scott

dmgwalsh
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Dennis...I can't believe you don't know who these guys are!
Tom Spencer is one of the better players in Chgo, and has been for years. Larry Schwartz is a fixture in the Chgo pool scene, and writes an 8-ball column in BD. Neal Jacobs is an up-and-coming younger player (he may be 20 or 21 by now...not sure).

Scott <hr /></blockquote>

Well, Scott. As you may know, I haven't really been playing pool around here that long.

I've heard the name Spencer, but don't really know who he is. I do know of Larry Schwartz. I have his 8 ball handbook, but I guess I forgot he was from here. I remember he was a commentater once on a straight pool match and mentioned something about racking for Dallas West. Where do these guys play? up north?

Scott Lee
04-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Dennis...Okay, I'll cut you some slack! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL Tommy &amp; Larry both live on the north side. Neal, I believe, lives out in the west suburbs. They play at Chris' on Milwaukee, and Chgo Billiard Cafe on Irving &amp; Austin, plus other rooms, I'm sure (probably Quentin's in Palatine).

Scott