PDA

View Full Version : why children win

Drop1
04-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Sarah was in preschool and drawing with her crayon. "What are you drawing," asked the teacher. "God," replied Sarah."Oh Sarah,said the teacher,"no one knows what God looks like." "They will in a moment," replied Sarah.

cueball1950
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
In A word....PRECIOUS..............mike

jtlabs
04-27-2006, 07:03 PM
She must of drew a picture of Jesus Christ. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Drop1
04-27-2006, 10:09 PM
You miss the entire point. Take away the bible,and tell me what is the proof of a historical Jesus. Use etomology to demonstrate that John wrote the book of John. Who was the fist person to call himself the thirteenth diciple. You said Judas was not a deciple,list the names of the disiples,and you will find two had the name Judas,and Jesus had a brother named Judas. The bible you are reading was first published in what year? What three religions have their roots in the story of Abraham? What is the difference between faith and logic? What is free will? The bible teaches the world is five thousand years old,is that true? When God says Iam a jealous God,what is God jealous of? How can perfection create imperfecton,that would make the creator imperfect. Faith is a wonderful substitute for ignorance.

nAz
04-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Drop1 ignorance is bliss /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

BTW nice post you god damn HEATHEN! errr wait that is me too... never mind /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtlabs
04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take away the bible,and tell me what is the proof of a historical Jesus.Use etomology to demonstrate that John wrote the book of John.<hr /></blockquote>

I am not sure what you mean by this. Take away any historical document and then you can ask the same questions regarding any historic figure. For example, take away diaries of Christopher Columbus's crew members, and you will hard pressed to find who discovered the west indies.

It seems to me that most of your questions drop1 are more philosophical then historical because the latter in my opinion is a case closed scenario. For more information on how the Bible is not for the ignorant as many claim, read

Case#1 in the case for Christianity (http://answering-islam.org.uk/Case/case1.html) .

Don't get me wrong, many people who are Christians can be very ignorant of their faith and are even afraid or forbid themselves from reading anti-biblical material. I believe however, the more you educate yourself, the more clearer the bible actually is. Every time I question the authenticity of the Bible or question its contents, I find the answer and my faith grows with every answer.(Sounds corny, but its true.)

Now your questions are sound, and those are questions that I asked myself. If science shows the earth is over 1,000,000 years old, then how can it only be 6000 according to the bible. I can not answer that question(maybe god can? I sound like a ignorant nut their right?), but that one question is not enough to overthrow the overwhelming miracles that occur in the Bible itself. People who do not understand how the Bible was created and put together(using the old 5 w's and H to start your investigation) will mock that statement, but if you understand the history of the Bible, you will come to understand why it is perfect in creation and why it stirs so much controversy amongst scholars today.

My sister who attends Hofstra University here in NY is atheist like I was. She told me, her professor who is author of his own books on world religions conducted his own extensive study on the Bible. I asked her what did he conclude, the answer was that the Bible does not prove that their is a God. He reads the Bible from front to back, researches the origins of scripture, and the only thing he can conclude is that one statement. He couldn't prove the Bible was historically incorrect. He could not prove that Jesus did not exist. He could not prove that the miracles did not happen. He could not prove that the prophecy in the old testament about Jesus was false. He could not prove that the Bible was factually inaccurate. That is quite a feat for a Book made up of many books(added in different time periods) by many authors. In fact, the Bible is the only document above any other "religious" document that stood the test of time academically. Add to the fact that the Bible flows as one beautiful masterpiece and that is quite an accomplishment.

Drop1, if your like me I know your going to read that link, then keep reading case 2 3 and 4 http://answering-islam.org.uk/Case/ . He has his good points as do you. The point I am trying to make is, people can accept any ancient document written about history, but when it comes to the Bible, people can accept everything it has to say as fact until it gets super natural(and even that is written in such a way to show that it too is factual).

Finally, another good book that I think the "intellects" can appreciate is "Why believe in Jesus" by Time Lahaye. Although people would probably hide in their room from their atheist family when reading it like I did so no one thought I was turning religious which I wasn't, so I thought lol.

Their is so much more I can say, but I went on long enough, just see what you come up with from what I gave you up top so far, cause believe me, if their is evidence to discredit this book on the secrets of life(and yes it is very practical in life and rewarding you just have to understand it) let me know so I can go back to realising death is the true end for all.

Later drop1

Regards,
Jay

Drop1
04-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Jay,it is not my goal to change your beliefs. I really don't care what you believe,or why. If there is a God,,that God should be tried for crimes against humanity. You cannot answer my questions. So let it go until you can.

jtlabs
04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jay,it is not my goal to change your beliefs. I really don't care what you believe,or why.<hr /></blockquote>

I never said it was your goal to change my belief, but I do welcome the attempt. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If there is a God,,that God should be tried for crimes against humanity. <hr /></blockquote>

I would only ask what crimes?

[ QUOTE ]
You cannot answer my questions. So let it go until you can. <hr /></blockquote> Actually I do have answers, but who am I? nobody. I can say one thing and it can go round and round because you do not understand the bible. You dont know what you don't know.

I will answer your questions in the following for the sake of argument, but the answers will probably just lead to more questions, questions that I think is best answered if you look it up yourself. Do you think your the first one to ask these questions? They been answered and talked about many of times.

[ QUOTE ]

You said Judas was not a deciple,list the names of the disiples,and you will find two had the name Judas,and Jesus had a brother named Judas. <hr /></blockquote>

I never said judas was not a deciple.

[ QUOTE ]
The bible you are reading was first published in what year? <hr /></blockquote>

I read the King James Version of the bible. For more information http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/?action=getVersionInfo&amp;vid=9

[ QUOTE ]
What three religions have their roots in the story of Abraham?<hr /></blockquote>

Jewish, Islam and Christianity.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the difference between faith and logic? <hr /></blockquote>
To me faith is an act of trust, and logic is how you justify actions.

[ QUOTE ]
What is free will? <hr /></blockquote>
The right to choose.

[ QUOTE ]
The bible teaches the world is five thousand years old,is that true? <hr /></blockquote>

Actually they say 6000, and from adding up the numbers this is what it seems. Refer to my previous post, do not know it all. I do know the Bible kind of clues you in to the fact that some kind of mass existed before earth became earth.

[ QUOTE ]
When God says Iam a jealous God,what is God jealous of? <hr /></blockquote>

He is basically telling people to stop worshipping false idols and false gods. Understanding is key when trying to read the bible. In the old testament, it helps to think of God as father who is still in the learning process of raising his children and is trying his best to understand them but at the same time is trying to pass on his wisdom.

[ QUOTE ]
How can perfection create imperfection, that would make the creator imperfect.<hr /></blockquote>

Adam and eve was perfect in the beginning, but when they ate the forbidden fruit, which Satan convinced them of, then they gained the imperfections that now resides with humanity.

Now, since I answered your questions can you answer mine? Do you think this earth haphazardly landed the correct distance from the sun, created enough water by itself to make it the right temperature with in a matter of degrees and then created life out of nothing and evolved into all these different species of animals in perfect design by mistake?

To me we are here by intelligent design. Everything that man made does not come even close to the design of earth and of man and of all living things. But it took a lot of work to get to where we are at in technology, but we had to design it. When we look at the mathematical symmetry in the world, do you think that is mistake? To me, that is intelligent design. To me, you can look all around you and see evidence of intelligent design. Where their is intelligent design, their is a intelligent designer. I like to call that designer God.

Regards,
Jay

Drop1
04-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Right on all counts. Go forth,and sin no more.