PDA

View Full Version : 14.1 in New York?

dutchboy
04-25-2006, 02:01 PM
The chicago qualifier, is that for a New York based tour? If it's in NY, when? And where?

Steve Lipsky
04-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Hi Dutch. There will be a World 14.1 Championship, held in northern New Jersey from May 30-June 3 (I think). It is a Dragon Promotions event, made possible from "civilian" sponsor Randy Goldwater.

It will be a 64 player field, divided into 8 round robins of 8 players. The top half of the field after this round will then play what I believe will be a double-elimination 32 player tournament.

Hope this helps.

- Steve

Eric.
04-26-2006, 07:49 AM
It's at the East Brunswick Hilton in East Brunswick(duh!), NJ. If you get off the NJ Turnpike at Exit 9, it is right at the exit, as soon as you get off the Turnpike, on Rt. 18.

Eric

Bob_Jewett
04-26-2006, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dutchboy:</font><hr> The chicago qualifier, is that for a New York based tour? If it's in NY, when? And where? <hr /></blockquote>
For more info on the WPA World Championship, see: http://www.dragonpromotions.com/141championship.html

DickLeonard
04-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Steve did you get an Invite to the tourney?####

dutchboy
04-27-2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks bob, I quess the pro's wont be playing in 14.1...to bad, was really looking forward to seeing Oliver Ortmann play straight pool, I've many matches of his from the 89' U.S. Open, from that time on I've been a major fan...he demonstrated so many different strokes in his game, the punchy stop stroke to his long fluid loose one, kinda reminded me of a young Earl with his pace, with the exception of the final against Miz, he played flawless.

Steve Lipsky
04-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Dutch, you must have been looking at the wrong link... this is indeed a pro tournament, and I'd be very surprised if Ortmann wasn't there.

Dick, yep, I managed an invite /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I'm very much looking forward to this tournament. The one thing I am nervous about is that the 2 weeks prior to the tournament, I will be playing bar-table 8-ball in Vegas. Then I'm back for like 5 days before the 14.1 tournament... I have no idea how I'm going to get back in big-table stroke so fast.

- Steve

nAz
04-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Steve if you need a practice punching bag let me know... i make a good rack boy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck to you at the Event! hmmm still don't see Danny B. name there.

BTW It amazes me that the 14.1 1st price pay out is only $2000 while the 9Ball and 8Ball pay out are $5000 and $3000 respectively.

Steve Lipsky
04-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Thank you Naz. Barouty is playing. Is there an official list somewhere?