PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Wine......

ryushen21
04-25-2006, 11:46 PM
So this is a totally random post. But does anyone know why they can't commercially ship wine from California to Texas. A friend of mine just got back from a trip to California Wine Country and brought back some really good stuff. I can't find them anywhere around here and when i went to order online it said that they can't ship to Texas. Just wondering if any of you guys knew why?

Rich R.
04-26-2006, 02:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ryushen21:</font><hr> So this is a totally random post. But does anyone know why they can't commercially ship wine from California to Texas. A friend of mine just got back from a trip to California Wine Country and brought back some really good stuff. I can't find them anywhere around here and when i went to order online it said that they can't ship to Texas. Just wondering if any of you guys knew why?
<hr /></blockquote>More than likely, it has something to do with the alcohol taxes in Texas. Many states do not allow alcohol to be shipped to private addresses, because it does not get taxed. Any good liquor/wine store should be able to order what you want, through legal channels, as long as you can tell them exactly what you want. You may have to order it in case lots.

Sid_Vicious
04-26-2006, 07:02 AM
I heard the reason on NPR once but can't remember exactly what it is. I was enlisted in a home delivery of wine once last year but cancelled, so it must be a California restriction, but I'll never know since I did not allow the delivery.

Seems though that it had something to do with the fact we have wineries and their conditions. I'm not sure.

A burning(pardon the pun) question I have is the internet ordering of cheap cigarettes. Texas raises tax a dollar a pack some day and I'll test that one out...sid

SPetty
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> A burning(pardon the pun) question I have is the internet ordering of cheap cigarettes.<hr /></blockquote>It's cheaper to quit...

Sid_Vicious
04-26-2006, 10:43 AM
You gonna quit tequila and join me???sid ;-)