PDA

View Full Version : trying to bribe us again

moblsv
04-27-2006, 05:40 AM
remember how we all got in this mess in the first place? GW bribing everybody with $300 to elect him. ----------

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Every American taxpayer would get a $100 rebate check to offset the pain of higher pump prices for gasoline, under an amendment Senate Republicans hope to bring to a vote Thursday.

However, the GOP energy package may face tough sledding because it also includes a controversial proposal to open part of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska to oil exploration

Sid_Vicious
04-27-2006, 06:06 AM
A sneaky mind never changes. About everything Bush said about this fix was all smoke and mirrors. When he indeed pulls the tax cuts he gave the oil companies, is when I'll see any real merit in his words. It ain't gonna happen, but you may see a little drop in short term, just as it did after the senate panel talked to the oil guys some months ago. That was suspicious in itself...sid

Gayle in MD
05-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Fraid not, Martin. This hike is here to stay...Try and see the re-run of Meet The Press this week...

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
05-01-2006, 07:19 PM
Well living where I do,I can't get T.V. from the States unless I pop six hundred dollars. All the people I know that get news from cable,are always nervous,and the world is caving in. No reason for oil to go down,as long as the demand in China,and India is in the equation. The basic concept for the car engine has never changed,they just add plug ins and still burn gas. I don't know why they don't use hydrogen..I'm sure I will soon hear.

Gayle in MD
05-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Hi Drop,
Where do you live, anyway? I never quite understood what's on your handle here.

Gayle...