PDA

View Full Version : Best bar billiard table (bar box)?

doctorb98
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Looking for opinions on which 3.5' x 7' coin op bar table you guys think is best...valley dynamo, diamond, etc...thanks in advance

Billy
04-27-2006, 11:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote doctorb98:</font><hr> Looking for opinions on which 3.5' x 7' coin op bar table you guys think is best...valley dynamo, diamond, etc...thanks in advance <hr /></blockquote>

I don't play on 7'ers if I can help it but would prefer Diamonds because you can use regular pool balls with a 2-1/4" cue ball without the magnets or anything else odd of the cueball

jmo

Rich R.
04-28-2006, 02:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote doctorb98:</font><hr> Looking for opinions on which 3.5' x 7' coin op bar table you guys think is best...valley dynamo, diamond, etc...thanks in advance <hr /></blockquote>I'm not a fan of bar box tables, however, I do play on them when my league team gets to the upper level playoffs and I also play on them at Valley Forge, each year. IMHO, the Diamonds are the best bar boxes I have ever played on, by far.

Deeman3
04-28-2006, 05:34 AM
Diamond....

Deeman

SpiderMan
04-28-2006, 06:35 AM
The diamonds have the advantage of using pretty much any cue ball (though I've never tried to see if a "measle" ball will get caught by their optical recognition system). They also have pocket linings that are level with the rails, and no metal corners, so they don't damage your cues so much.

Other than that, I actually prefer the play of a Valley table, and Diamond's wide rails on a small table always seem odd to me.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote doctorb98:</font><hr> Looking for opinions on which 3.5' x 7' coin op bar table you guys think is best...valley dynamo, diamond, etc...thanks in advance <hr /></blockquote>

McKinneyMiner
04-30-2006, 07:06 AM
The Diamonds are just like playing on 9-footers for the reasons explained by others.

They are the best I have played on by a long shot.

onepocketfanatic
05-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Diamond without a doubt.

Bassn7
05-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Always try to simulate how your matches will be played. Since most bars and tournaments will not have Diamonds, save the money. Buy a Valley, put great cloth on it, (Champion) and use a new Arimath tournament magnetic cue ball. You are ready for great bar box play. I even made sure my bar table at home had the exact cloth as at the tournament site, so conditions are familiar to me. (If you are playing in BCA and Diamaonds will be used in Vegas, go for it, buy the Diamond!)

Ralph S.
05-03-2006, 02:42 PM
If the Valley tables are kept up good and have a good grade of cloth, they can play pretty decent as far as bar boxes go. I still prefer the Diamonds though. Better all-round table, hands down.

catscradle
05-04-2006, 04:49 AM

Diamond, the only reason to consider anything else is price. Diamond is worth every penny, but if you can't afford it, you can't afford it.