PDA

View Full Version : Details for IBSF World Snooker Team Championships

Alan Morris
04-28-2006, 12:41 AM
On behalf of the United States Snooker Association (USSA) I wanted to confirm that the International Billiards & Snooker Federation (IBSF) World Snooker Team Championships will be taking place at the DoubleTree Hotel in San Jose, California, from August 16-26.

This week the IBSF sent out all the entry forms and information packs to the member associations around the world, and I am very pleased to inform you that there is remarkable interest in this inaugural event from players around the world and we are anticipating over three hundred players from up to fifty nations taking part.

These Championships, which will have world team events for Men, Ladies and Seniors (Over 40), will be the first major international snooker competition to be played in the United States. We will be producing three two-hour programs of the Championships which has been secured for broadcast in the United States and around the world.

As hosts, under the rules of the Championships, the United States are permitted to enter more than one team in each of the three events. We have decided that we may enter up to four teams in the Men's event, and one each in the Ladies and Seniors events.

Further selection for the United States Men's snooker teams will be made following this year's United States National Snooker Championship at the Embassy Billiards Club in San Gabriel, California, from July 1-3.

For more details visit the SnookerUSA.com website over the coming weeks.

Best wishes.

Alan Morris.
Executive Director,
United States Snooker Association.

SnookerUSA.com - the official website of the United States Snooker Association.
http://www.snookerusa.com/

bsmutz
04-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Great news, Alan. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully this will be the first of many such events on this side of the pond. I'm looking forward to seeing the competition. Cheers!

Alan Morris
04-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks for your kind words.

I can confirm that these Championships will be the first of many major international snooker events to be played in the United States in the future.

I can reveal to you that I am involved in the planning for an international snooker center to be built in a sports resort in Las Vegas, and that will host many future Championships.

Regards.

Alan.