PDA

View Full Version : Predator 2

07-07-2002, 05:40 AM
Hello,
I am looking to buy myself a really nice quality playing cue at a reasonable price. I have got a break/jump cue which im satisfied with but I need a decent playing cue.
I was wondering if anyone has played with the Predator 2 Cue that i've seen on they're site (www.predatorcues.com), and if so what do they make of it?
Also ive seen a "Players" cue that I like the look of, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this manufacturer? Do they're cues play well?
Thanks,
Leigh Mundy

griffith_d
07-07-2002, 09:23 AM
Players and Action are inexpensive and could be cheapy. You might try:

http://seyberts.com/

If you cannot find a quality cue on this site at a good price,...

Griff

07-07-2002, 11:01 AM
LOOK IF YOU R LOOKIN FOR A CHEEP CUE (PLAYERS & ACTION).
BUT IF U ARE LOOKIN FOR SOME THING THAT IS SOMEWHAT MORE UP IN PRICE WHEN LOOK AT THE PREDATOR. IT A GOOD CUE AND IF YOU WANT 2 SALE IT YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY OUT OF IT (THE PREDTOR)....GOOD LUCK

Harold Acosta
07-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Player's Tournament cues have upgraded and are much better than the older ones. They now come with real inlays and good quality woods. I don't personally like the Actions. Both are made in China. Some people prefer American made products.

Deadstroke has a point about purchasing the Predator if you later want to resell the product. If you have the $300-450 amount available go for it. Meucci, McDermotts, or Vikings are not to good in this price range.

But then this is just my opinion. I suggest you check out what cues your friends have. Ask them to let you shoot a couple and then form your own opinion about what you like. Make certain to ask what type of tip the cue you borrowed has, tips can make the cues feel different.

Again, if you have narrowed it to a Predator, go for it. But this would not be my personal choice.

07-08-2002, 08:07 PM
First, a sincere Thank You to Harold. No Dude, I'm not yanking your chain here. Thank You.

OK, on to Leigh. I own a Predator 2, that was custom made to my weight specs with no small amount of inconvenience to the team at Predator. Prior to that, I shot with a Predator 1st edition that weighed in at 17 oz. My P2 is 16.33 oz., and will make the cue ball travel about 25% further than the 1st Edition with the same stroke and speed. I love this particular cue, and I have shot with everything else on the market. The only cue that ever came close for me was a $6,000 Thomas Wayne. And I still like my P2 better! LOL I have the model with the leather wrap, and I use a triangle tip on it, which I find far superior to the LePro it comes with. Be warned though, this model will run you a little more than $350- 400! Any ?s, please feel free to PM me, though I'll be leaving for GA. tommorrow, and may not get back to you for a day. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif By the way, I would only buy these products directly from Predator if I had any specific requests. 888-314-4111

Michelle
07-09-2002, 05:28 PM
Leigh,

Well, the Players and Predators are quite a world apart, and it all really depends on where your game is at now and where you want it to go. Players and Action cues, as well as Cuetec, are all very good, affordable ($75-$150), beginner cues.

In the $300-$400 range, you can find many choices in McDermott, Viking, Meucci, and Lucasi, to name a few. The thing is, they all hit differently, and it's a good idea to play with a few friends sticks before choosing. Also, asking them whether they have stock tips or something else will help, because the tip will also change the way a cue pays some.

I personally play with a Predator, have for 4 years, and absolutle love it. It's a love/hate cue here on CCB, but....I hear very very few complaints amongst the rest of the world compared to those who absolutely love it.

The Predator2 is special because Predator actually makes the butts out of the same spliced, 10-piece, pie-shaped design as the 314 shafts. (The rest of the cues are made by Falcon.) It comes with no wrap, linen or ultra-leather, and has a hard UV finish.

Predator's website gives much more detailed information, and feel free to message me if you have any other questions. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Elvis
07-09-2002, 07:49 PM
I am shooting with a Predator 2K series and like it. A friend has a Predator 2 and I can't tell a whole lot of difference between it and mine. Maybe someone else can. Michelle mentioned Lucasi and I bought one to carry for when my wife goes with me to play. I must say I am really impressed with the feeling of the Lucasi and it has a good price range as well.