PDA

View Full Version : how to calculate my class?

jimbojim
04-28-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm getting in to the FQSB(Federation Quebecoises des Sports de Billards) next august and I got evaluated by 2 players, one PRO(2nd higher) and one Top "A". The pro suggested that I should play in "C" to win games and the Top "A" said I'm probably an "A". Do I have a say in this or its all up to the federation?

Scott Lee
04-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Truthfully, if you have to ask, you're probably NOT an A player...

Scott Lee

jimbojim
04-30-2006, 11:19 AM
most of the time I feel I could be an A player but sometimes, I feel I can't do nothing. I contacted the guy who takes care of the federation and told me to get evaluated by a third person.

Terry
04-30-2006, 12:14 PM
I would think Martel or Salvas would be the most suited third opinion as you wouldn't be a threat to them and they would see your ability for what it is. If someone like an "A" player was to judge your ability and he thought you might give him a game in a handicaped tournament as a "B" player etc. he might try and have you classed as an "A" player so you wouldn't be as much of a threat.JMO, Terry

c.holtz009
05-01-2006, 06:31 AM
I just got back yesterday from the FSQB finals in Laval. Not a bad weekend at all. Jeff White won the Pro side after a hill/hill battle with Alain Martel. My good friend Pierre Lauzon came in third.
I'm going to be getting in on this as well. Hope to see you there!

jimbojim
05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
yup, we can have good games if we get to play in the same class!